[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this autistic to do? I constantly walk away from my computer

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: Illustration.png (284KB, 864x863px) Image search: [Google]
Illustration.png
284KB, 864x863px
Is this autistic to do?

I constantly walk away from my computer and spin my arms around in a circle, and I also walk in a circle.I don't know how much I do it because it's always spontaneous, but it's seriously starting to wear on the cartilage in my scapula/shoulder.

Is this autistic?
>>
>>35024651
Yes, that is very autistic. It's called stimming.
Very nice illustration by the way.

8/10, very good post all in all. I hope your thread succeeds
>>
>>35024651
whats autistic is you drew it
>>
>>35024651
I'm the only person that does this in my family, so I don't know if it's unique behavior. I think it evolved from it becoming socially unacceptable for my to play with my "sword" (wooden stick) when I was 10.
>>
>>35024651
>he actually drew a picture of it
Me fucking sides
>>
File: 1486150375540.jpg (8KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486150375540.jpg
8KB, 300x200px
>>35024651
thanks for the visual, OP
>>
>>35024651
It's autistic as fuck! I've got friends with autism and they do stimming stuff like this. No big deal. Nothing's gonna change if you find out you have autism except you get to record lectures in class and your teachers are legally obligated to let you not come to class whenever you get overwhelmed. Nothing but good can come from an autism diagnosis, so if you're interested in getting the benefits, get evaluated.

Also, I love your art style, dude!
>>
>>35024754
It could also be OCD. Lots of overlap there though. I do stuff like this, but it's from OCD.
>>
File: emoji.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.png
358KB, 552x543px
>>35024651
>that pic
hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>35024651
well, it's not very normal you know. I personally sometimes start walking around in my house just thinking about random things, but I think it's just out of extreme boredom and freetime. Nice draw by the way.
>>
>>35024651
OP here
>Do it in kitchen sometimes
>Have flipped over entire pans and slammed my hand on tables by spinning so hard and fast
>Keep doing it because it's so wonderful to retract into my brain and move my body.
>>
>>35024854
i demand video
>>
>>35024651
Is this the thread in which we talk about our autism and stimming habits?

I stim in two different ways. At my desk (where I spend most of my time) I spin and flip objects around a lot. I catch myself doing it more fervently when I become affected by something emotionally. And when I'm standing up, I swing my arms back and forth in unison thudding my hands together pleasantly at the forward apex of the arm-swing. I tend to do this motion more often when I'm in a social situation. People have pointed it out as a strange habit, but it's too comforting to not do.
>>
>>35024992
OP here.
I've noticed that when I'm very upset, if I do what I described, I'm generally very happy by the end of my session.

I had no idea this was even weird. I thought it was just a unique habit until I scored positive on an internet Aspie test.

Everything makes perfect sense, and it's sad I never got diagnosed as a kid.
>>
>>35024651

Other than the swinging arms shit (wtf nigger), getting up for a walk occasionally is good for you.
>>
>>35025064
Not the guy you replied to but do your best to stim on things that wont get you hurt. I used to stim a lot on thrashing/flinging my arms around, punching the ground as a kid and it did a number on my joints over time. I forced myself to become acclimated to new stims that are not destructive.
>>
>>35025064
>it's sad I never got diagnosed as a kid.
Same, wasn't diagnosed until I was 21. By then I had already failed out of a university and a technical school due to absences because of what I thought was just regular anxiety. Like this guy is saying >>35024754 the schools would have had to come up with a personal schooling solution for me if I had had a diagnosis back then. Apparently it happens to a lot of people with mild autism. We can cope pretty well throughout childhood, but once adulthood kicks in we fall behind quickly
>>
I love how nice everyone is being.

I think it's because the drawing is legitimately the sweetest and most genuine fucking thing I've ever seen. Look at the little smiles! It's amazing. It makes me so happy. How could I possibly troll you?
>>
Yeah it's pretty fucking autistic but you seem like a nice person. Nice drawing
>>
>>35024651
I haven't lold all day. Fukkin saved!
>>
This is the best thread I've seen in a long, long time. Why was it all the way down in the pages??

Stimming is really interesting to learn about. For those of you diagnosed late with autism, did you have friends and a regular social life when you were a kid? What kind of things affect your daily life? Is it true that if you have autism you can't feel like normies do? I AM SO HIGH AND I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS YOU GENTLE BEAUTIFUL CREATURES
>>
Pacing is definitely a possible stim. I do it constantly. That said, it's not actually autistic unless you are and you do it. Not sure about the arm thing.
>>
bump this nice thread
>>
>this thred
>that pic
o i am laffin
>>
Please pay attention to this thread
>>
>>35024651
I like to imagine this image is a group of friends playing steamboats.
>>
File: 1442164838842.jpg (100KB, 569x567px) Image search: [Google]
1442164838842.jpg
100KB, 569x567px
>>35024651
you need to start REEEing at Mommy for TENDIES while you do this
>>
File: chan2.jpg (53KB, 710x474px) Image search: [Google]
chan2.jpg
53KB, 710x474px
>>35024651
amazing illustration anon, that's a 9/10, my fucking sides senpai
and yes, it's extremely autistic
>>
>>35024651
shit i do this too
>>
I don't do it but I might start doing it now just to see what it feels like.
>>
Ignore the mean comments, OP.
Honestly I think you could have autism. It's probably worth getting checked by a professional though.
>>
File: Curious Cat.jpg (8KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
Curious Cat.jpg
8KB, 250x201px
>>35024651
Is that a human trying to transform into a helicopter?
>>
I just tried this and I punched my fucking ceiling fan
>>
File: Of-Mice-and-Men-1992-3[1].jpg (37KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Of-Mice-and-Men-1992-3[1].jpg
37KB, 720x400px
>>35024651

Thanks for the pic OP, it makes your autism that much more tangible
>>
I just had a complex surgery and shouldn't be laughing
>>
I dunno

I also flail around like madman if I'm alone at home thinking it might burn more calories than lazy walking
>>
>>35024651
good use of perspective but your anatomy needs work
>>
>>35025216
that smile is masking a soul drenched in a marinara of self-hate
>>
>>35026161
>>35024651
>>35024677
What the fuck am i reading?
you literally just walk around spinning your limbs?

fucking die, you should have been euthanized
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.