[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

share adhd feels >want to sick tv series (taboo) >can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1487137154782.jpg (34KB, 420x567px)
1487137154782.jpg
34KB, 420x567px
share adhd feels

>want to sick tv series (taboo)
>can't force myself to watch it full screen
>put it on half screen while playing LoL on the other half
>>
apparently there wasn't enough room in his brain and so filled out to his dick
too bad he won't be using it
>>
>constantly switching back and forth between songs without letting them finish
>>
>>35018420
That nigga must be smart as fuck, he's like a black professor xavier famsmh
>>
>had an entire week to do a project
>due tommorow afternoon
>haven't even started it yet
>>
File: 1403673678630.jpg (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1403673678630.jpg
92KB, 400x400px
>Having dinner with a friend (pls no reeee)
>Trying to focus on what he's saying
>Song playing in my head (it's looping a certain part)
>Listening to the T.V. on behind us
>Listening to other conversations
>Counting all the droplets of water clinging to his glass
>Focused on the way he chews his carrots, the sound that it makes, how each tooth is coming down on the carrot matter
>Tapping my feet like I'm having a seizure because I physically cannot sit still
>Do all of this
>Get confused by what he said so now I'm trying to pick the pieces back up with him while all of this is going on. Can't. Just nod my head like I understood what he was saying
>So many noises
>Is a slave to impulsively jump from thing to thing
>Catch a glimpse of the sky outside, try to think of how it could be painted

All of this is happening to me at the same time. it's a fucking nightmare of noise and impulsiveness. I want it to stop
>>
>>35018569
That "fuck what was he saying?" Feeling

That jealousy I get seeing other people content concentrating on one thing that is just way too slow for me
>>
>>35018569
shit i thought everyone had these thoughts regularly. am i adhd?
>>
>>35018653
>That "fuck what was he saying?" Feeling
That feel

>That jealousy I get seeing other people content concentrating on one thing that is just way too slow for me
I KNOW!

>Trying to focus at the library
>Didn't take my pill today
>Someone is eating chips near me
>MY FUCKING GOD THAT IS LOUD
>And the wrapper is so shiny
>But wait
>The people look funny when I look at them through the water bottle
>Oh it's only half full
>I'll go fill up my own water bottle
>Instead forget to fill up my water bottle and go to the bathroom
>Sit down again
>Person is still loudly eating chips so I focus on that instead of my work
>Remember I need to fill up my water bottle
>Actually go do it
>Is apparently tuned in to every fucking noise on this floor of the library
>Every murmur
>Every low conversation
>I can't stop my brain from jumping from conversation to conversation
>Get two of my problems done
>Have to leave the library because I can't focus

It's like being in hell, only Satan isn't laughing

>>35018668
>shit i thought everyone had these thoughts regularly. am i adhd?
I've found that ADHD is less "can't focus" and more "I'm a fucking slave to whatever dumb shit my mind cooks up" and it's always cooking up things. Do you flit from thing to thing, not enjoying any of it, but you can't stop yourself?

I'm supposed to be working on a paper now, but I have three conversations going, and I've half typed out two of them. it's kinda like that
>>
>>35018569
>>35018747
This actually sounds like hell.

I used to think ADHD wasn't real
>>
File: Roundin' up feels.png (465KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Roundin' up feels.png
465KB, 600x400px
>>35018783
>I used to think ADHD wasn't real
It's real. I've been on meds for like 10 years, and they've slowly lost their effectiveness.

To be clear: I have ADHD-PI (Primarily inattentive)
>>
>>35018888
do u remember what it was like before u started taking the med, compared to how it is now if u don't take ur med
>>
>>35019054
Yes. I was failing school and was just like >>35018747 >>35018569. That's why I'm sharing these stories, because I need to up my dose or switch to a new med.

I remember getting diagnosed. My teachers all had to sign off on something, then I had to spend a lot of time with a child psychologist, and then I had to go to my doctor to finally get some medication. I continued to do therapy for ADHD kids and even had to do something called "eye therapy." Because people with ADHD have such shit impulse control, my eyes were poor at tracking and focusing, so that therapy strengthened that.

On my meds I picked back up the slack, got a tutor (this was in 5th grade), and generally did well. I improved greatly.
>>
>>35019103
I'm concerned about permanent worsening of adhd after quitting medsvs. before starting meds, do you think it would happen
>>
>>35019175
I have no idea. Apparently some people 'grow out' of ADHD, but I never did. I'd say stick to your ADHD, and try to be less of a slave to impulses.
>>
>>35018420
>>35018569
there's a point in every conversation I have that I completely lose interest in it. usually about 30 seconds in. I can't genuinely reply to anything after that point and it's hard not to think "SHUT UP SHUT UP" after that . When things genuinely catch my interest I have a pretty normal attention span. I get really anxious when I'm about to do something I planned to do
>plan to start a popular show on TV when I get home
>get home
>don't want to sit down and get engaged so I do LITERALLY anything else
I absolutely cannot read any assigned literature. words become unintelligible symbols and my reading comprehension dips to that of a kindergartner. My entire academic career from primary to college has been absolutely abysmal in terms of performance but my mother said there was nothing wrong with me because she had me tested at a very early age. Now I'm on my own and I can't afford medical help.
>>
>>35019600
>I absolutely cannot read any assigned literature. words become unintelligible symbols and my reading comprehension dips to that of a kindergartner.
Hey I'm glad I'm not alone.
>>
File: 1486000846014.png (518KB, 703x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486000846014.png
518KB, 703x720px
I was recently diagnosed with adhd and reading these and realizing other people have the same problems as me feels pretty good bros.

hopefully I get prescribed something soon
>>
File: 190px-Bismarck_pickelhaube.jpg (14KB, 190x317px) Image search: [Google]
190px-Bismarck_pickelhaube.jpg
14KB, 190x317px
How do I get diagnosed with this? Just repeat symptoms?

I think I might actually have it, but I'd just like to be sure.

need it to transcend into chaddom
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.