[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have found myself closer and closer to 200 pounds (currently

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Max_stirner.jpg (10KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10KB, 200x237px
I have found myself closer and closer to 200 pounds (currently 190 at six feet tall).

Do I cardio my way down some before I start lifting, do I go straight to lifting, or both

I'm eating better and I know that's a start I just want to not turn into one of people I make fun of in fat people hate
>>
File: 1467149893391.jpg (16KB, 356x356px)
1467149893391.jpg
16KB, 356x356px
>>35017219
okies, basically:

do light weight with high reps to start to get the muscles used to exercise

stretch; this sounds gay but it WILL prevent injuries that will hurt like shit and put you out for a week every month or so

cardio is king; hit that shit as much as possible when still trying to lose weight. i recommend swimming or cycling as they are low impact on joints especially when someone is overweight. progress to running once your body in more used to the exercise. start to do squats too to start to strengthen the bones and joints for your weight.

measure your gains; this will keep you motivated and moving forward. not easy to get ripped, but its pretty simple to get toned. work hard and eat well. sleep enough and dont have alcoholic beverages.
>>
Daily reminder that weight is a spook.
>>
Stop acknowledging spooks
>>
>>35017352
thanks for the advice I've already cut alcohol and soda so I'm on the right path.
>>
>>35017219
Get into lifting weights right away (along with cardio). The weights will make sure you don't end up skinny fat once you're done and will generally help you feel good and strong. Weights are also nice because it's easy to see progress with them; bench 85 for 5 two days ago, bench 90 for 5 today - bam, clear progress. Just start lightish and increase slowly and you'll be able to keep this up for a long time.
>>
>>35017352

Its funny because I usually suggest the exact opposite. Learn form then go straight into low rep training. We might be together on stretches but I call it mobility exercises. Not the gymnast type, and only after lifting, never before. Cardio is shit, but mostly because of time. I enjoy running and date hiit, but I just don't have time for fun training. I measure gains so I know when to deload.

I guess it shows there are lots of different ways to approach.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.