[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"well come on anon, you're the last one, its time

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: teacher-main-759.jpg (81KB, 759x422px)
teacher-main-759.jpg
81KB, 759x422px
>"well come on anon, you're the last one, its time to give your class presentation"
>>
>letting yourself be the last one

Why
>>
w-what do you want from me?!
how's this not original
>>
>>35007621
>"i..I well t-today i-im doing about *farts*.i-i need to leave"
>>
i don't understand why u beta pussies don't like public speaking. it's fuckin great all u gotta do is like what ur talking about and put a couple jokes in here and there an drew boom perfect speech. it doesn't matter what ur talking about as long as ur confident passionate and project ur voice
>>
File: 4.png (400KB, 712x744px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
400KB, 712x744px
"No"

fucking origami
>>
>>35007669

fuck off chad we're full
>>
>>35007669
I wish it was that easy. But whenever I have to do any public speaking even answer a question in front of the class I just lose all my bearing and time slows tf down my voice gets shaky and I just can't even think about anything.
>>
>>35007679
JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT PICTURE
>>
>Alright, I'll be as succinct as possible- I know everybody wants to get out of here.
Then I'd deliver what I'd planned- probably condensed because presentation days are poorly planned and eat up more time than foreseen.
Direct my breath below the diaphragm, project to the back of the room, speak with energy and emotion.
It isn't difficult in the least- I hate the ugly little slugs that consist of my peer group and they would gladly kill me but the point is that I have to look like I'm presenting well to them to receive a decent grade.
>>
>>35007621
>"well come on anon, you're the last one, its time to give your class presentation"
>No
>Excuse me?
>I'm not giving one
>blah blah counts for blah blah half of grade
>You deaf I said no
>Awkward silence,teacher moves on.
I usually kept my grades up hight enough where it didn't affect me, and after a while they just stop asking me though they still took points off
>>
>>35007688
It's not even about being Chad desu I've seen the ugliest guys confident af at presentations while some handsome af guys get all anxious and nervous
>>
File: 1.png (369KB, 678x714px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
369KB, 678x714px
>>35007710
I have no idea what you could mean lad.
>>
I'm actually pretty good at talking to a group, given that I do a little bit of preparation.

One on one talks, not so much. That is were my autism shines brightest.
>>
>>35007713
>I usually kept my grades up hight enough where it didn't affect me
>half of grade
hmmmmm
>>
>>35007741
>half of your project grade
>content + presentation
>>
>>35007737
Is this how you sex?
>>
>>35007621
>walk up to front of class.
>mumbles words during speech.
>"speak louder anon"
>*starts yelling cuz so loud*
>"Anon sit down and see me after class"
I cant do shit right.
>>
>>35007740
This. I have a much better time speaking in front of a large amount of people, especially ones I don't know. My mind automatically filters them out as NPCs I'm never going to meet again and are thus irrelevant
>>
File: 3.png (263KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
263KB, 480x680px
>>35007782
What is a 'sex'?
>>
>>35007788
>>mumbles words during speech.
>>"speak louder anon"
>>*starts yelling cuz so loud*
The easiest way to start projecting better is just to breathe into the lower parts of your airways-your diaphragm, try to hold your sternum while inhaling and imagine filling up your belly like a balloon while inhaling.
>>
>>35007713
That's incredibly autistic and pathetic. Have some balls and be alpha - public speaking is easy as fuck.
>>
File: 1357002926013.jpg (20KB, 397x261px) Image search: [Google]
1357002926013.jpg
20KB, 397x261px
Does anyone have the problem of when they're talking it sounds fine in their head, but people are constantly asking you to speak up etc. If I raise my voice it's just feels weird like I'm screaming.
I actually played my voice to myself on vocaroo, and I sound like I'm mumbling half the time like wtf. Theyre clear as day when I speak to myself.

Main reason I rarely talk, I'd actually be fine with presentations or asking questions etc otherwise.
>>
File: 1434478495939.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1434478495939.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>>35007621
>"m-my presentation is on Anime girls"
>>
>>35007908
>Theyre clear as day when I speak to myself.
Well you know what you are saying.
>>
File: 1447638393288.jpg (15KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
1447638393288.jpg
15KB, 270x200px
>>35007621
>"Listen up roaches, im going to tell you why traps are fucking amazing? dont like it and ill cut you"
>>
>>35007936
I mean even to my ears, the words are clear.
>>
>>35007908
>Main reason I rarely talk
And that's why you're getting worse.
Speaking is just like any other skill, you use it or lose it.
If this problem is really messing with your life I suggest that you pick up a cheapo headset and start participating in things like mic discords or vocaroo threads.
>>
>>35007621
Im actually an organic chemist, and oral presentations are easily one of my strongest traits
I dont understand how people can be bad at public speaking. Come up with what you want to say, commit it to memory, commit how you say it to memory, commit how youll move to memory, and voila, 10/10 speech
>>
>>35007958
You're quite comfortable with your speech and volume- of course you can hear yourself just fine, the sounds you make reach your ears before they've even left your body.
>>
>>35007958
How you sound when you speak to how you sound in a recording are totally different.

You get used to hearing the voice come out of your mouth but when you heard it played back, it's more a surprise then thinking "Oh, that's my voice"
>>
File: 1456927903615.jpg (64KB, 522x512px)
1456927903615.jpg
64KB, 522x512px
>Go to an extremely liberal university
>In art history class
>talking about the holocaust and nazi art and whether or not it should be publicly displayed
>teacher asking the class what they think
>basically the entire class in agreement that the shouldn't be displaying nazi art anywhere and that it should all be destroyed
>mfw teacher points at me and asks for my opinion specifically
>tell her it should be publicly displayed and that destroying it would be retarded because burying and destroying a piece of history doesn't suddenly make those events disappear
>labeled as a nazi for the rest of the semester
>>
File: rooo normans exit the area.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rooo normans exit the area.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>35007726
THAT IS WHAT BEING CHAD IS
HAVING CONFIDENCE AND NOT GETTING MOCKED TO THE GRAVE WHEN YOU EXHIBIT SAME AND THEN NOT UNDERSTANDING WHY OTHERS DON'T
KINDLY LEAVE
>>
>>35007908
Because you hear your voice through your body first and foremost unlike those in front of you their ears are already connected to your throat you fucking child.
>>
>>35008039
I think you must have replied to the wrong post because what you're saying makes no sense or maybe you're just so angry that you can't even construct a proper reply.
>>
File: 1478372413411.jpg (143KB, 640x1137px)
1478372413411.jpg
143KB, 640x1137px
>>35007908
>If I raise my voice it's just feels weird like I'm screaming

Same this happens especially when having to talk to service people; restaurants, cashiers, barbers etc.
>>
>>35008062
>you fucking child.
Don't be an ass, everyone has a few self reflective blind spots.
If he associates this advice with you being a stupid malicious cunt, he isn't going to take it.
>>
>>35008024
no fucking-way?
what uni did you go to?
are universities really this regressive?
>>
Despite being the best student in my english classes I kept getting Ds (until my graduation where I was the only person to get an A) for skipping presentations.

Fuck that shit. I hated how they tried to force this shit on us.
>>
If you're problem is that you don't have any confidence or shit then that's not a big problem. Just prepare well and fake that shit.

Having a speech impediment is a fucking curse however. I have trouble with words that have sh/ch and my tongue is weak as fuck. I could have been Chad by now if I didn't have a speech impediment and was a little taller.
>>
>>35008208
>are universities really this regressive?
yes
>>
>>35008284
>Fuck that shit. I hated how they tried to force this shit on us.
Well, as a practical application of real world skills it's pretty useless to know things but stay completely unable to share or present those things with others around you.
>>
>>35007989
>10/10 speech
hearing an autist parrot some text he memorized is hardly a 10/10 speech
>>
>>35007621
Why Hitler Did Nothing Wrong: A Brief Documentary

By: Anon
>>
>>35007669
>project ur voice
lol how
>>
>>35007908
your head voice is altered by the acoustics of your body

others cant hear that
>>
>Not being a turbo autist that can just blank out and shout about a topic for 10 minutes
>>
>>35008643
breathe into your diaphragm, it'll take a little work at first because it's a muscle and it's probably been used infrequently, imagine that the air you breathe in is blowing up your stomach like a balloon.
Pick a point at the end of the room and direct your speech all the way out to there.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.