[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >Uni Freshman >Also brainlet >1st week >Have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1481684231287.png (440KB, 645x1260px)
1481684231287.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>be me
>Uni Freshman
>Also brainlet
>1st week
>Have introductions to 5 courses we are about to learn
>Software Engineering degree
>Calculus, Applied Physics, ITC, CP
>Thick as fuck books
>Exams starting from 27th March
>If I fail. They'll kick me

I-I am going to make it! R-right?
>>
>>35007406

You fucked at up internalizing that you're a 'brainlet'. Either you're victimizing yourself, or you are going for classes that aren't up your alley and are wasting time anyway going on the wrong path.
>>
>>35007471
>mfw this anon spoke the truth

All things you said are true.

Jesus. It's not easy. It requires tremendous amount of hard work. And, I am too lazy to do shit.

>Wasting time away
That's what I am doing senpai.

>Wrong path.

The outcome of this degree is good. I honestly have no interest in any other departments.
How do I motivate myself to study anon. I literally waste time everyday.
>>
>>35007522

What do you mean the outcome is good? If your cognitive patterns don't automatically trend towards problem solving in the way that is most typical in your major, you're just setting yourself up for boredom and failure. The hard stuff gets done on the back of the excess motivation you have from engaging with subjects that are compelling to you.
>>
>>35007768
What I mean by good outcome is that good paying jobs. Or that's what ((they)) told me.
>>
>>35007882

A money first attitude doesn't work unless you enjoy jerking around with numbers and are predisposed towards high risk/reward behavior.

What you need is a niche. That is where /your/ money is. If you became decently paid with your methods, you would come off as unconfident all the time anyway because your environment naturally causes you distress and unrest. Like many people nowadays, you are pulled in by false sources of power, when the key is to find your specific power, and to keep inviting challenge into your life.
>>
File: 4ae.jpg (107KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
4ae.jpg
107KB, 800x900px
>>35007969
What do I do then? Are there any easy online free lectures that I can watch. I don't wanna drop out. I'll just pass the semesters,
>>
>>35008000

Lectures for what? You need to look inwardly and rechart your course.
>>
>>35007471

this right here.

it's a meme that college is hard. it's a meme that professors want you fail.

showing up for class is literally half the battle won. use the office hours provided, use the ta's or gsi's assigned to you, READ the textbook or other assigned reading, and don't expect the instructor to spoon feed you during lecture. They'll do that during office and study hours.

p.s.: if you are struggling with a class or a topic talk to the professor face to face. don't puss out and email them.
>>
>falling for the STEM meme

Look if you're legit retarded you shouldn't be doing STEM.

You're not going to get a job with a 1.0 GPA in Software Engineering.

Try your best and put in the hours. If you still cannot make it, choose an easier major. There are non-STEM majors that still allow you to have a job.
>>
>>35007969
>A money first attitude doesn't work unless you enjoy jerking around with numbers and are predisposed towards high risk/reward behavior.
This. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and actually study something I enjoyed. Wished I would've gotten into Botany or something.
Working on an Accounting Degree and it's literal hell, but I'm so far deep into it, it would be a waste to turn back. It's really hard studying about something you hate and give no fuck about I just wanted to make money...
>>
>>35008190

Sunk cost fallacy. Your life is still yours to cash in on. And the path of getting to where you would prefer to be will be a lot more engaging than the things you endured looking for your fool's gold.
>>
does this look hard?for 3rd and 4th year?I'll be finishing 2nd hopefully soon

https://www.engr.udel.edu/downloads/slicks/COE-Computer.pdf
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.