[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the price of food inversely proportional to it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: CIYYRCFVAAEyglU.jpg (67KB, 600x928px) Image search: [Google]
CIYYRCFVAAEyglU.jpg
67KB, 600x928px
Why is the price of food inversely proportional to it's calorie content? Just now I popped to Tesco to look for a low calorie snack. All I could find under 300 calories was a salad bowl and some sandwich chicken pieces. Along with a mango this set me back 6.35 GBP. On the way out I noticed that a pack of 5 giant cookies, easily 1000 calories in that pack was 1.60 GBP. I left the store feeling cucked. Doesn't even taste as good.
>>
File: itsawoooshitpost.gif (305KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
itsawoooshitpost.gif
305KB, 500x280px
Basic marketing and economics that no one is likely to adequately explain to you here.
>>
Some products are more heavily subsidized than others.

Milk is an example of an artificially cheap product. Many governments heavily subsidize dairy farmers, which is why milk is often cheaper than alternatives like soy milk or hemp milk.
>>
Buy the cookies. Eat as many calories as you need. Save the rest for another day. It's that simple.
>>
>>34990093
Ahh I get cucked by this too. I don't actually drink soya for any weight loss reasons, I'm simply allergic to milk and yeah I pay double. I did try switching to almond once because that's half the calories of even soya and it cost more! A litre of milk is idk around 70p, litre of soya about 1.50 GBP and almond is 1.80 GBP
>>
>>34990166
Sugar is addicting, I have trouble sticking to my diet if I try eating small amounts of junk. Also 1 cookie isn't very filling.
>>34990046
Whatever the reason I'm tired of hearing "healthy food is cheaper"
>>
>>34990011
Depends on where you live, vegetables and shit are expensive here, but I can go up to the cheap ass mexican market and get as much meat as I want for practically nothing and I hear normies online all the time talking about how expensive meat is
>>
>>34990364
>out-of-town market bulk buying
Ain't nobody got time for that shit and that meat is propably cheap for a reason. I go to a reputable market since buying cheap chicken that smelled of bleach and healthy choices such as fish or lean pork is expensive as fuck
The back of the lorry fruit guy kept my weekly fruit shop super low for ages but he disappeared so now I'm getting assfucked by supermarket fruit prices, 4.50 GBP for fucking grapes, gay shit like that. I paid the lorry dude a pound for the same thing
>>
>>34990263
when people say that they mean large volume, low calorie produce purchased in grocery stores.
again, too lazy to get into it but the marketing and economics inform why that doesn't apply to prepared foods in Britbong 7-11.
>>
It's to keep poor people slow, sluggish, and less likely to question things.
>>
File: awoodontdrinktapwater.png (136KB, 302x338px) Image search: [Google]
awoodontdrinktapwater.png
136KB, 302x338px
>>34990553
food is getting safer again but the war continues they're phasing out hormone and subsidy controls to accomplish quoted aims in favor of fluorinating bottled water (false flag "lead pipe" water source scandals finishing conversion to non-transparent water sourcing,) chemtrails and social media psyops
fight or join
hail globalism
S H A D I L A Y
H
A
D
I
L
A
Y
>>
Low calorie food is a meme
Just eat smaller portions
>>
>>34990527
Hmm. I just got off the phone to my mum, she says a good way to get cheap fish and vegetables is frozen so I'm gonna try that.
>>34990688
It's not a meme, keeps you filled and not hungry. I did try eating small amounts of whatever, it was a disaster, wasted a year having not lost any weight. My healthy diet does work, it's just bankrupting me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.