[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone guesses my age to be 20-21 years old. I'm actually

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: 1479806529647.jpg (87KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1479806529647.jpg
87KB, 500x484px
Everyone guesses my age to be 20-21 years old. I'm actually 23...Turning 24 in May.

Should I just start saying I'm 21? It'll be like I'm adding two years to my youth and I won't feel like such a loser for not amounting to anything.

I am in school...but I probably won't graduate until I'm 28.
>>
im 22 but im just 20 when someone ask, nobody has asked me in years tho except for some co workers, it really suck being so old ,not really old but those years wasted does make a difference, i wish i was 18

btw, you are in school? you mean high school ? why you wont graduate until 2022?
>>
>>34987117
>people guess my age as 19
>am 26
>>
>>34987208

I'm in community college and when I was 18 I was forced to work full-time and not go to college so I could avoid being homeless. I already had crippling social anxiety from my adolescent years which made me afraid to even enroll in school when I was in a position to do so. Wasn't until Fall 2015 I worked up the courage to enroll. Then, in Spring 2016, I wasn't able to go because I was again forced to work full-time to avoid being homeless.

Then, Spring I saved enough to attend full-time. Currently, I can't even attend because again working to avoid homelessness.

At the rate I'm going it'll take forever. I just want to go to school.
>>
File: d.jpg (39KB, 780x440px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
39KB, 780x440px
>>34987117
It would be really awkward for someone to learn you are several years older than you actually are if it came up in conversation, so I would avoid doing so. There's nothing wrong with being early twenties and not having any major accomplishments yet, especially if you're still in school.

Don't give yourself too much slack, but take your time in school if you think it would be best for your lifestyle.

>>34987208
>22
>all those years wasted

You are still so young, though. You have plenty of time. /r9k/ isn't really the best place to give a pep talk, but you are still at the start of your early life. It's upsetting how many people have given up so quickly because they base all of their self-worth on their achievements, when it's really very rare for many people to be extremely successful at 22. Sure, perhaps you didn't give it your all from the very get-go and you will never get that time back, but what person hasn't wasted some amount of time?

It's unreasonable to expect yourself to turn your entire life around within a few days, or weeks or months, but it would be good to start considering what your options are and what you would like to do or pursue if you haven't already decided. There is still time. You will always have time. When you decide you are doomed and irredeemable is when time stops for you.
>>
>>34987364

Except by the time we've finally achieved anything, our lives will basically be over. We'll be at the age where we're expected to start settling down.

Everyone else had fun in their youth, we completely missed it.
>>
File: 1432844104813.jpg (136KB, 900x456px) Image search: [Google]
1432844104813.jpg
136KB, 900x456px
>>34987436
I was a complete loser in high school. I had no friends at all. Not even my sister's friends wanted to hang out with me. I didn't bother throwing birthday parties because I knew no one would come. I just went out with my parents and quietly ate dinner, and maybe a piece of cake.

College was even worse for me. I chose to go to a small school with around 500 students because I thought I would enjoy a more tight-knit social sphere, and I stuck out like a sore thumb. I was direct, no social games or bullshit, and I never budged in what I believed in. "Mommy and daddy are paying for my education" teenagers hated that. I was still for all intents and purposes an autistic, mentally ill loser, and the class size was so small that the student body gave a shit about spreading rumors and cracking jokes about the students no one would even notice in a huge school.

I had no social life between the ages of 13 and 20. It was only when I dropped out and came home that I got a job, started going out, and now I have a decent amount of "friends," or at least people who liked me. If I had thrown in the towel and branded myself as completely unlikeable in my teenage years, I wouldn't be where I am now, and frankly I'm not really anywhere at all.

I'm not the shining star of success. I'm covered in student loans from a school that screwed me over on money while I worked for a degree with credits that won't transfer. I never even finished my associates. I still live at home and I don't make nearly the money I want to or work in a field that I dreamed about all of my life, but I'm determined that I won't live this life forever.

If you are still in your twenties, you still have your "youth." You aren't required to live a conventional life. You don't have to feel ashamed that you don't have a mundane but well paying white collar job in your mid-twenties, with a beautiful wife, picket fence and two children. It's just not realistic. Give yourself time.
>>
File: 1479676676696.gif (382KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479676676696.gif
382KB, 480x270px
>>34987680

Grats on having "friends"...

I'm probably older than you and never even had those.
>>
File: Smug Bubble Pepe.jpg (38KB, 477x491px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Bubble Pepe.jpg
38KB, 477x491px
>>34987680
Huh, that's weird. When I went to a small school for highschool I had a pretty easy time making friends. Maybe it was because people were generally nice there, and I could actually find people with some similar interests and similar sense of humor.
>>
File: 1478986206063.jpg (85KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
1478986206063.jpg
85KB, 960x716px
>>34987792
I'm not here to brag. They're great people, but IRL you can't really expect to bond with a lot of people who want to have deep intellectual conversations or have very similar interests to you. It's a matter of learning how to enjoy simpler things, and not assuming any given person isn't as smart as you. I was always very pretentious and brooding, but I realized that a lot of people around me were extremely smart, even if they didn't know a lot of the things that I did or didn't use sophisticated language to express themselves. People are a lot more alike to you than you might assume they are.

Don't expect a ton of trust, or a ton of emotional outlets for your frustration. You're allowed to show your weakness, but if you are expecting that everyone will want to commiserate with you, you are only going to drive them away. It's not a matter of >b urself. You have to be smart. Start out by listening, then decide when it's appropriate to speak.

>>34987804
I grew up in a relatively poor town in the south. The area that I went to school in was a much more well off northern city, so there was a big culture shock. Where I am from, we are very blunt and honest, and we don't have a lot to hide. We aren't ashamed of ourselves or our roots. Nonetheless, northerners always tend to look down on us and assume we're uneducated rednecks, especially if you have an accent or don't speak very formally or colorfully. I wasn't even white trash, and I can't imagine how I would have faired if I was.

They also had a huge issue with how casual I was. I tried being kind and hospitable, but they found that we over share a lot of the time, and that when we ask how do you do's, we're expecting to shoot the shit, not get shut down by a deaf-mute teenager who walked right out of Tumblr.

The first day I came home, I was absolutely defeated on all levels. I looked like shit and I felt like shit. But still, walking down the street, someone greeted me and asked how I was doing.
>>
>>34987242
>people guess my age as 15
>am 19
>>
File: 1486779871673.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1486779871673.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>>34987117
>people guess you're in the precise age range you're supposed to be in
>gets depressed

What kind of reddit tier oblivious bullshit is this?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.