[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please help me. I am going down the Jungian/Kaballah/Collective

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: mind_blown.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mind_blown.gif
2MB, 200x200px
Someone please help me. I am going down the Jungian/Kaballah/Collective Conscious type rabbit hole right now and I need to pull out before I get Chthulu'd and my mind is broken forever.

Is all that shit disprovable?
>>
>>34986751
>Jewish mysticism
Are you fucking serious laddo?

That should be enough of a reason for you to quit, goy.
>>
>>34986772
Easy for you to say, but you aren't in the grips of their talking points.
>>
>>34986814
>even considering their talking points

Laddo, if you really want to delve into human nature and meaning, just study writings from the enlightenment
>>
>>34986854
In the enlightenment, they just made up a bunch of systems that function as frameworks as long as you accept the premise. All of their systems only exist within the frameworks they thought up. Kind of like decreeing something is real, then when anyone tries to verify anything, you have them read the decree. People criticize religion for doing this with God and faith and stuff, but to accept a premise in order to use a framework, you're pretty much just putting your faith in a human oriented logic system.
>>
>>34986937
But that's exactly what religion is friendo, especially mysticism.
As long as humans fear death, religion will be a thing.

The enlightenment just tried to argue on the basis of human nature, ability, and achievement. Not trying to contribute our greatness to a higher being.

That said; culturally religion is extremely beneficial. It's just categorically wrong to teach people that we, a upright mammal , are special because we thought up of god.
>>
>>34986999

While I respect your trips, it isn't about a higher being. It is about human consciousness being more liquid than solid, and the idea of a self being a farce. We're adrift in a sea of competing or cooperating drives and we've learned to rationalize the feedback we receive into a self. But the self isn't much more than a narrative. Humans obsessively make narratives out of everything, personify every abstract under the sun. Our brains are just too eager to see the narrative, so it is entirely natural that we would try to synthesize all the random data we input and output into an ego narrative.
>>
>>34987108
Isn't that what you're trying to do with mysticism?
Your brain has latched on to the narrative that agrees most with you, and you've imposed that onto your rational thinking.
Mysticism only turns into a rabbit hole when it half answers questions, whole leaving the person still unfulfilled in their need for objective thinking.

At the end of it all, our brains are pattern masters. You'll think about how you realise that it's all a pattern, and nothing objectively matters when you've made those connections. But your brain won't stop
>>
>>34986751
Just start doing acid with a rabbi, mate
>>
Read OSHO'S 116 meditations on Tantra. Enhance your study with thc and dxm
>>
>>34987695

Is Timothy Leary a good guy or just a shit sucker?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.