[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>diagnosed with schizotypal personality disorder guess it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: 1487249336998.png (475KB, 811x361px) Image search: [Google]
1487249336998.png
475KB, 811x361px
>diagnosed with schizotypal personality disorder

guess it was inevitable. any other robots on the schizophrenia spectrum?
>>
>>34984863
>schizo affective disorder, depressive type

Its all giant bullshit mate. Those fuckers just need to come up with something to scribble down so they can keep selling you jewpills.

Fuck them, they will never, ever help you in anyway so their diagnosis amounts to fuck all. At BEST they help you get on disability bux, but thats about the extent of their ability.
>>
>>34984916
Also schizoaffective, bipolar though.

And I concur.
>>
File: 1487344838510.gif (2MB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1487344838510.gif
2MB, 500x352px
>>34984916
I don't know what to do though. I feel incompatible with the world no matter what I do. Most days I feel completely disconnected from reality and lose my sense of self.

are we simply broken and that's it?
>>
>>34985025
Personality disorders are a death sentence. So much is reliant on social connection, and human social ritual is so heavily based on micro cues.
We are defective models, if we were made in a factory we wouldn't pass QA.
>>
>>34985025
I feel the same way as you. I have accepted (and been told countless times) that i am "different" a loooooong time ago and i dont even bother trying to understand normal people or be like them.

You can either become run off the mill factory drone and keep being the weird guy or forfeit all of that shit and live in your own world.

From what i have read psychedelics literally have the power to "fix" people like us in no time, but good luck finding a psychologist/psychiatrist who does experimental treatment with shrooms or LSD though.

I am holding out until i hopefully get on NEETbux and then i will do psychedelics and try to overcome my fears and "fix" myself. The 2 times i did shrooms i just felt perfect, literal heaven.

Been around complete strangers and laughed with them for hours and hours, felt like there is something "out there" watching over me, loving me in a way indescribable to sober mind. It was just beautiful.
>>
>>34984863
>know your mind isn't right
>everyone tells you to shut up about it and get over it
>even the doctor
>try to act even a little bit normal and fail at it
>everyone reminds you that you've always been a little off

Fug
>>
>>34984863

Quickly redpill me on this.
>>
>>34985025

>bresent dey
>bresent tiem
>*obnoxious laughing*
>>
File: 1487429555673.gif (29KB, 87x100px) Image search: [Google]
1487429555673.gif
29KB, 87x100px
>>34985350
YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND
>>
>>34985025
>>34985320

>mfw mentally ill faggots literally shove hormones in their gullets
>mfw they dress like the other gender
>mfw they pretend its normal and nobody says a word

Meanwhile
>legit people with legit mental problems
>nah man, just eat these anti depressants or anti psychotics and be normal
>you know you are not normal though, right?

Fuck this shit
>>
>>34985337
yes please, OP!
I wanna know too.
>>
>>34984863
Its You
But it's not you
>referring to reality being a projection of each individual's mind
>>
How do I know if I have schizophrenia?
>>
>>34985471
You don't until it's already too late. That's the scary part.
>>
File: tmp_9787-1480781810258251088653.png (23KB, 722x539px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9787-1480781810258251088653.png
23KB, 722x539px
>>34985452
Damn I forgot the image
Idiot
>>
>>34985452
I have a song for you, anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWvUHeYf6WQ
>>
>>34985483
That's what I'm wondering, though. What is it like having schizophrenia?
>>
I feel like there's a good chance I have some sort of mental disorder but I've always been told that I'm being sensitive and that I'd get over it eventually. Anyone have any similar experiences or tips?
>>
>>34985534
Don't trust republican logic. They function on the idea that everyone has the exact same chemical balance and that if we have anything different, it's because we're lazy.

If you're doing everything you can to stay positive and be productive, yet you still feel like something's wrong with you, it's probably something you should look into.
>>
>>34985534
See a psychiatrist, tell them everything you feel is wrong.

Mental/personality disorders can't be cured and never go away, they only get worse and grow in severity like a cancer until there's nothing left of you. All you can do is to halt it with treatment.
>>
>>34985505
Bless you anon
Original
>>
>>34985632
>can't be cured
Yes they can. You're just lazy.
>>
>>34985632
Do you count in depression? Because that's a disorder that can be cured, simply by finding out what causes it and changing that.
>>
>>34985439
Trannies fought hard to get the tiny sense of normalcy they've carved into liberal cities and even then most people, feel negative towards them and treat them worse.

I strongly agree that any person who is harmless should be tolerated and worked with but being bitter that trannies got sympathy is dumb
>>
Schizophrenic with a history of 9 year long secere depression and depersonalization/derealization commorbid panic disorder here.
>>
>>34985704
If you tell yourself often enough that it's impossible to cure them, it most likely becomes a fact.
>>
>>34985439
Yeah, this is fucked up.
>>
>>34984863
I score high points(supervised test, not just an internet test) for schizotypal but not enough for a diagnosis.
>>
>>34985738
Exactly. Just like how people who complain about being a manlet really just tell themselves that they're short, signalling the growth hormones in your body to stop. Literally, if you want to grow, all you have to do is stop being lazy!
>>
>>34985767
What's stopping the diagnosis?
>>
>>34985704
No, they can't. You clearly know nothing about personality disorders, so fuck off.

>>34985707
It depends entirely on the severity and timeframe of the depression. Depression is usually the starting point for most disorders.
>>
>>34984863
schizoid reporting in. used to be concomitant with borderline, which at least gave my life a semblance of connection to other people, but i grew out of that somehow. life is comfy af but it gets lonely. i just can't seem to give a fuck about forming relationships. they all feel so superficial and unsatisfactory, but at the same time i violently wish i could have a close connection with someone who would understand.

to be fair cluster-a personality disorders rarely develop into full-blown schizophrenia even if they're on the spectrum. don't fret about it too much. it must suck having severe social anxiety though... i would hate cowering uncontrollably at the sight of normie scum.
>>
File: C3ajyIAVUAAq_Pj.jpg (118KB, 811x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C3ajyIAVUAAq_Pj.jpg
118KB, 811x1024px
Don't commit suicide because it's a sin and you'll burn in hell
>>
>>34985776
Yeah. I had a pretty heavy depression for the past 1 1/2 years because I couldn't study. Long story short, one day I had enough of that shit and went to a psychiatrist. She made some tests with me, turns out I definitely have ADD. I will get medication soon and I'm so excited to go to uni again without being incredibly unproductive. My mindset changed completely, a few weeks ago I was extremely pessimistic and hqd absolutely no hope, now I am the happiest person alive. I am quite athletic again and stopped gaming by selling my computer. It's all curable if you really want it.
>>
>>34984863

Schizotypal is a personnality disorder that I just don't get (the descriptions on the Net are just too elusive).
How is it in your personnal case? Do you have any weird beliefs and do you acknowledge them as so?
>>
>>34985904
It sounds like you didn't have depression, you were just depressed. Therefore, you are projecting your own anecdotal evidence onto everyone. No different than a Chad saying, "Yeah, I get lonely sometimes too."
>>
>>34985935
I don't know if I'm a schizo, but I unironically believe that I'm immortal.
>>
>>34985940
Where is the border between depression and being depressed? But you are right, I have absolutely no idea what it's like to have schizophrenia, I really can't judge about that disorder and whether it's curable or not.
>>
>>34985991
The border is just the level of serotonin your brain produces versus everyone else. There is a range that is healthy and a range that is unhealthy. You have about as much control over it as you do how tall you grow. When one is situational, it's being depressed. When one is biological, it's depression.
>>
>>34985991
Where is the border between depression and being depressed

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jC7MyPiI5Mo
>>
>>34985811
Like I said, not enough points. Symptoms aren't severe enough.
>>
>>34986392
I think that's really retarded. Obviously they shouldn't misdiagnose you, but are they really just going to wait for you to develop all the symptoms?
>>
>>34986432
I don't think it's something that gets worse with time. I am an adult now. I guess it would be different if I did the test when I was 14.
>>
>>34986525
It can get worse if you go without treatment, but for some people it doesn't change, that's mostly why I'm asking. Do you receive medication/therapy?
>>
>>34986579
I am not receiving any kind of treatment. I've tried to get back in touch with psychiatry two times but nothing ever comes of it.
>>
>>34985961
> Believe

How seriously do you believe it, "I can't imagine myself dying so I'll probably never die" or "I know that getting hit by a train won't hurt me / I insult street gangs coz I'm bulletproof"?

I've a hard time with that notion of unusual beliefs, some people believe they'll go in hell if they aren't of the correct religion and somehow it's not a disorder coz enough people believe that.
>>
Simple schizophrenia, panic disorder and OCD personality disorder here.

I hope it won't get worse.
>>
File: coffee wojak.jpg (36KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
coffee wojak.jpg
36KB, 680x765px
>go see a psychiatrist in university since it's free
>she's really nice and genuinely wanted to help me
>thought I might have had schizoid personality disorder
>therapy never went anywhere because she was like 90% sure I was molested as a child and was repressing the memory
>could never convince her I wasn't molested
>therapy concluded because she got the same cancer my mom had

Feels bad bros, it bums me out that this nice normie girl was trying to hard to help me but her brain couldn't fathom any other explanation for my thoughts and behavior beyond "he had to have been molested"
>>
>>34987555

"repressed memories" strikes me as some kind of voodoo explanation. May as well say that you were molested in a past life or that the Great Spirit is angry after you. If she doesn't offer a ceremony of a kind to appease the Great Spirit, the explanation in itself is useless.

What did she suggest you to actually DO in order to fix your problem?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.