[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is escapism for you, robots? How caught up do you personally

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1472238711994.jpg (128KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472238711994.jpg
128KB, 707x1000px
How bad is escapism for you, robots? How caught up do you personally get in the fantasy worlds you have consumed?
>>
It doesn't work anymore.
>>
Consumed? What about the fantasy worlds that are completely made up in my own head?
>>
File: 1486957656551 (1).gif (47KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1486957656551 (1).gif
47KB, 250x194px
>>34980292
What's it like to imagine an expansive fantasy world? How long does it take? Can you visualize it? If so, how well? I can't seem to imagine anything beyond a simply detailed setting.
>>
>>34980292
For years I lived through video games and I can't do it anymore. I wish I could though I want to die literally everyday now.
>>
escapism is the only reprieve for robots
>>
It takes control of my entire conscious mind. 90% of my existence is spent consuming media of some sort and trying my best not to have to be a real person.
>>
If im not working im either playing video games nonstop or sleeping. Lately ive been creating an idealistic life in my head while i drift off to sleep every night because of how much life actually sucks.
>>
File: 1453017739948.png (384KB, 473x356px) Image search: [Google]
1453017739948.png
384KB, 473x356px
I did. It first developed in my only year of college (which was a factor of why I dropped out) and I got stuck in it for about a year and a half afterwards. Waking up, dissociating for 12 hours (with small meal breaks) and going back to sleep was my how I spent 2015. It was extremely unhealthy and wasteful and I regret every second of it.
>>
>>34980379
can you explain the process you used to create your mental world?
>>
File: 1451973918119.jpg (44KB, 580x490px) Image search: [Google]
1451973918119.jpg
44KB, 580x490px
>>34980599
Hey anon don't know if you're around but I'll get to it.

I did a whole write-up on the cause of why I got into it and how I managed to develop the skill of slipping off into a fully-fledged realistic daydream whenever I wanted but I realized it's easier if I give you the term - "maladaptive daydreaming." On the internet that's the buzzphrase going on about the idea of living (and preferring) a fantasy world made in your head and isolating yourself to experience it. You can google that and read around on the details of it but the community is a huge bunch of hugbox autists so be wary.
>>
>>34981026
describe what you thought about
>>
>>34981106
My main train was about a re-imagined life in high school since I had many regrets. With a girlfriend who was born with paralyzed vocal cords which meant the only way she communicated was with very fast sign language (which I could understand). So every day would just be hijinks with me and """""her"""""". I think this stems from my longing for companionship.

The more I write this the more cringey I realize it is to tell people. It is my mind, after all!!
>>
>>34981161
hahha
im not sure if I was in the same situation as you, but I did shrooms nearly weekly and realised that I am an illusion. Then I created an identity of a psychedelic explorer/philosopher/matrix breaker and I had good reasons to do so, bud damn it was a fun time... droped out of uni though
overall 0 regrets
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.