[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so fucking afraid of dying. I can't shake it from

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: sad pepe.jpg (6KB, 174x250px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.jpg
6KB, 174x250px
I'm so fucking afraid of dying.

I can't shake it from my mind.

We're all going to fucking die and there's nothing we can do about it... What's the point of having kids? What kind of selfish sociopath would bring a child into a world where they're just going to die?

I can't stop thinking about what happens after death. I'm so fucking afraid /r9k/.
>>
>>34980225
>baby's first existential crisis xDD
>>
File: 1419369611407.jpg (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1419369611407.jpg
69KB, 300x300px
>>34980225
> What kind of selfish sociopath would bring a child into a world where they're just going to die?

Wew, I'm not the only one that thinks this.

You die, and that's it. You're gone forever.

God doesn't exist, there is no nirvana or "heaven" where everything is happy and perfect. Religiousfags tell themselves these things though to ward off their from their own inevitable demise.

Try to think about it as if before you were born.
>>
File: 1481685530034.png (1MB, 850x750px) Image search: [Google]
1481685530034.png
1MB, 850x750px
Just have to accept it, nothing you can do about it
>>
I got over it like 10 years ago

Like, it's GONNA happen eventually so why worry? Death? Whatever!
>>
I don't think anyone gets over it. We all just look for distractions to fill up our consciousness.
>>
>he isn't glad about this

certainly not a robot.
>>
>>34980264
>You die, and that's it. You're gone forever.

I really hope that's all it is.

I can't stand to imagine a blackness where you can't move. I hope if it is like that, I won't have any consciousness.
>>
>>34980225
Adopt a religion. It will make you feel better. Also never reproduce. Like you said, it's inhumane. It's not the death that's inhumane though, it's the suffering.
>>
>>34980273
I thought I got over it too. But the fear has come back recently had has hit me like a bag of bricks.
>>
>>34980294
>But the fear has come back recently had has hit me like a bag of bricks.

Same, I had my first existential crisis as a young teenager, and now death is on my mind almost daily as a 25 year old adult.
>>
>>34980294

Don't worry anon, when you die suffering just ceases to exist for you. Think of it as a sort of release. In the meantime enjoy life and make it count, it's the only one you're going to get.
>>
File: 1398973598311.png (183KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1398973598311.png
183KB, 700x500px
>>34980225
Just think, you could die instantly in a car crash.

No pain. Life blinks out just like that.
>>
>>34980225
>I
>implying internalized belief in mind/body separation
>>
One of the upsides of having a shitty life is death seems not bad at all. I understand why happy people will be scared but to me it just sounds like a release. I only want it to be as painless as possible.
>>
File: 1392427375210.jpg (49KB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
1392427375210.jpg
49KB, 300x345px
Being somewhat nihilist is nice. Nothing has a purpose, so it's easy to be a degenerate.

Giving up on life is great. I can enjoy my degen hobbies and a piece of shit because it won't matter. My death will erase all of it. I will eventually be forgotten.
>>
>>34980225
>not realizing that it's a gift
Death gives life meaning.

>>34980283
It would be impossible to be conscious without your organs m8, you'll be fine.

This might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I
>>
>>34980395
But how can you be certain nothing has a purpose?

I wish I could think like that, but I just can't convince myself.

It's probably because I was raised Catholic.
>>
>>34980414
>It would be impossible to be conscious without your organs m8, you'll be fine.

Yes, but what if there really is a "soul" and I go to "hell"?

It would be fucking awful, which is an understatement, and I can't stop thinking about it.

I can't stop thinking about a blackness where I can't move and can't breathe, and I can't even scream. It's like a nightmare forever and ever.
>>
>>34980416
Nothing has a purpose Anon. You haven't suffered enough to come to this realization. I could tell you more revelations but it might shake your faith if you still have it. t. Christian
>>
>>34980225
Stop asking r9k about it and get into reading. It will make you feel better knowing that other people, smarter than you, went through the same things. You can start with Emil Cioran - On the Heights of Despair
>>
File: 1446445636965.jpg (87KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1446445636965.jpg
87KB, 645x773px
>tfw you die your brain supposedly fires off a fuckload of neurons and shit
>it supposedly induces an incredibly euphoric type high and is probably the root of all "near death experiences"

as a drug lover, this is something I kind of look forward to
>>
>>34980505
Your "soul" didn't experience anything for the billions of years that have occurred before you were born, why should the time after your death be any different?

>billions of years have occurred
>none of us have "experienced" them

Therefore there are only 2 options:
Either we get "wiped" and reincarnated, or our souls are destroyed, and we no longer experience consciousness.

There is simply no other way to account for the time that has passed before our births.
>>
File: ballon_beholder.jpg (112KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
ballon_beholder.jpg
112KB, 500x667px
>>34980414
>Death gives life meaning.

This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1444016391623.jpg (17KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444016391623.jpg
17KB, 275x200px
>>34980678
maybe our consciousness was in another galaxy somewhere in the universe and we can die that consciousness transcends into different parts of this fucking endless universe

so many possibilities but it's all most likely just an off switch
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.