[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give it to me straight r9k. I have a 2.5 gpa in my senior year

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
Give it to me straight r9k. I have a 2.5 gpa in my senior year of high school, do i have a future concerning colleges?
>>
I'm a high school dropout I don't got any scores. You should get a job anyhow, unlike me who is NEET
>>
>>34973782
No one gives a fuck about your high school grades when you're in college/uni. Just do well in community college and you'll be fine.

t. Honors student in high school and took big boy classes, 24 now, doesn't mean shit
>>
>>34973782
the lower your gpa, the less you will get in scholarship money

community colleges are a good way to cut costs and mask your high school gpa
>>
>>34973782
community college then transfer to uni
study harder
>>
>>34973782
High school grades are a meme. As long as you are willing to pay, anyone can go to college.

It's a jewish scam though, so consider killing yourself instead.
>>
Just change your last name to Hernandez Jones
>>
To be straight-up honest, if you didn't fuck off your four years of high school you missed out. Straight up.

Do will a community college and then you're fine. High School is four years of cushion for the pushin
>>
>>34973782
I finished highschool with a 2.0 GPA. The 2.0 was due to pitty when infact I should have failed.

I am now 25 and am about to graduate with a degree in Construction Project Management with a high GPA.

You can do it if you really want to turn your life around. It took me a couple years to sort my shut out
>>
>>34973782
DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRADE MEME
I REPEAT
DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRADE MEME
I was a depressed bitch in high school who didnt do good at all academically. Counselor pushed trade on me and like a fool I tried it. DO NOT DO IT
>>
>>34973782
I became a neet after graduating last year tbqhfam, my GPA was similar to yours.

Just try to not become a neet
>>
>>34973902
What's your beef with trades? Are you shitty at trades as well
>>
>>34973944
Enjoy getting yelled at for 14 hours a day by your dead beat boomer boss
>>
2.3 GPA in my senior year, I got in, but I also had decently high SAT ACT scores.
>>
>>34973782

yeah don't sweat it. just go to a junior college and transfer, but don't fuck up in college.
>>
>>34973970
So you're shitty at your job, is what you're saying.
>>
Go to community college.

Don't fuck up there, though. It actually matters.
>>
>>34974079
Trade bosses are akin to shitty parents who berate their kid in public for not understanding what they understand is what I'm saying. Spin this around however you want but trades will make you want to kill yourself even more than you do now
>>
>>34973902
If you do go for a trade, do Aviation Mechanic. 2.5 years at a Technical college (or 4-6 years in the Air Force). You can make six figures with a housing stipend in Australia when you graduate. They have the same aviation requirements as the US, but they don't have a school for it. They have to import everyone to do it. Other countries are the same. People in the US make a very good living as well (70-150K).
>>
>>34974091
>Don't fuck up there, though. It actually matters

Kek. If you fuck up CC you might as well quit. It's entry level courses
>>
File: 1getj5.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1getj5.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Fuck bros is community college the only way?

My moms got this impression that community college is for losers, she'll definitely be disappointed when I tell her that's my only option.

I'm a fucking loser
>>
>>34974132
>Trade bosses are akin to shitty parents who berate their kid in public for not understanding what they understand

No they aren't. Bosses are the same everywhere. Some are laid back. Some are micromanagers. Some are cool, some are ass holes.

The only thing that is the same across the board is that if you're a piece of shit with a shitty work ethic and you can't seem to do your damn job you're getting paid for, you're going to get treated like shit.
>>
>>34973782
>do i have a future concerning colleges?

YES
You will have to go to comunity college for two years, but if you work hard you CAN get into very good colleges.

I go to UC Berkeley, and many of the smartest kids I've met here are transfer students. I highly eoncourage you to go to CC first and get as close to a perfect GPA as you can, while participating in clubs if they are available at your community college. Being in Cali would help for the UC system
>>
>>34974198
You're on r9k you utter retard. NO ONE who seriously considers themselves a robot can handle heavy machinery and angry sleep deprived alcoholic boss. Yes all bosses are the same, some might be better at keeping their cool but they are all the same when provoked
>>
>>34974190

It is for losers. Winners were able to get into 4years. Community College is last chance for most people.

Now, that's not saying it's BAD, per say, it's cheaper and MOST (not all, find out which) credits will transfer to a real uni; but for the most part ComCol will be full of other losers who couldn't get their act together

It's the only way to bump up your GPA for big-boy colleges too post hs
>>
>>34973782
Try /r9k/
>>
>>34973782

Fuck School. I had a 1.6 cumulative GPA in highschool, dropped out of community college, and now I work as a programmer.

Just develop literally any fucking marketable skill. School is a fucking meme.
>>
>>34974240
>some might be better at keeping their cool but they are all the same when provoked

That's not even bosses, that's people in general. If I'm getting paid the same as my coworker, yet my coworker is a piece of shit who can't show up on time, looks like shit, has a bad attitude, and overall can't do his job, I'd be snapping at him too.

Face it, you're just a piece of shit and you're getting treated how you should.be
>>
>>34974190
Community college is a fucking miserable experience, I had to go there after failing from my first uni. My classes were full of retarded deadbeats, but this also meant the competition was low so it was easy as fuck to attain a high GPA and transfer to a good school.
>>
>>34973782
A debt free future in college? No.

A future in college? If you are willing to go in to debt and be serious about school... yes.
>>
go to a community college, seriously; work your ass off
>>
File: tumblr_nmhgmwctCX1titub2o1_250.jpg (6KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmhgmwctCX1titub2o1_250.jpg
6KB, 208x250px
>tfw you had a 4.0 gpa in highschool
>had shitty test scores due to depression so gpa didnt really matter
>worked hard for nothing
>had to go to cc due to test scores and being poor
>>
>>34974190
Do 2-4 semesters at community college then transfer to a 4-year college. Easier and cheaper.
>>
>>34974272
I was a 17 year old with ABSOLUTELY ZERO TRAINING. I was the only guy who worked yet EVERYONE got yelled at for one reason or another. Construction sites are no fucking joke and you might as well be in a prison yard. Believe me when I say this shit because I have the experience and you clearly dont know what you're talking about. I've worked retail too. EVERYONE gets yelled at for anything. Work kills the spirit and management is the undertaker
>>
>>34974311
what this guy says is true, OP. employers wont really care about where you started as much as they care about where you graduated from. experience is also key so intern a shit ton
>>
File: school schedule.png (489KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
school schedule.png
489KB, 1920x1080px
>>34974190
check out MY sched i'm ACTUALLY taking intro auto repair
make yo own fortun
>>
>>34974353
in CC
>>
>>34973782
Most colleges just want your money. That being said, what makes you think you'll do the work there if you didn't do it in high school? I thought paying for these classes would get my ass in gear, unlike in high school, but I give even less of a damn than in hs.
>>
1.8 here, I got into a private college and went for an accounting degree despite being utter shit at math. I tanked out after two years, ended up going back and getting my degree a few years later but I had tons of friends go to community college, transfer to great schools in my state and get degrees 3-4 years before my stupid ass did.
>>
OP, find your purpose & pursue NO MATTER WHAT
>>
>>34974435
>1.8

nigga how the fuck did you even graduate with that
>>
>>34974435
>accounting
>math
lol
>>
>>34973782
If you live in the US and you're white, then you can prolly get in to an okay HBCU. At my univiersity, there's tons of dumb white kids. They get a minority scholarship that pays for tuition and books too.
>>
>>34974353
hey your actually taking the first step to get into the trades, good job. just make sure to finish your class's and take the next step.
>>
>>34974548
actual accounting isn't math in the same way a mathematician does math, but the first two years are kind of a shit test for people who are too dumb/lazy to hang with the rest of the group.
>>
>>34974638
that's jus step 1, imma b an architect
>>
DON'T GO TO COLLEGE
THERE'S TOO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE HERE
IT COSTS TOO MUCH
sure you will end up a miserable wagecuck, but you would anyway going to college. and if you're actually smart you can just start your own business.
>>
>>34973782
I graduated high school with a 2.3 gpa but my sat scores were high enough for me to get into any of the campuses of California State University. I dropped out my freshman year thentook 3 years off before going back to college. I had a 3.9 through all of my lower division and GE stuff. I'm right under a 3.5 now and about to graduate. Physics and upper division chemistry classes were hard for me so it dropped my GPA. I had shit grades in high school because I wasn't motivated and was smart enough to get C's with 0 effort. I had motivation when I was a little older with life experience working shitty jobs. If you're just strait up stupid then you're fucked but in general high school gpa isn't that big of a deal.

Also if you're paying a lot for an expensive college and can't afford it without loans you're fucking stupid. You're going to end up not even finishing and carrying debt for the rest of your life. Go to a public in state University. I pay less than $8k a year for my school and have no debt.
>>
Don't go to college, ESPECIALLY if you don't have the motivation for it.

Or, rather, don't go to college as a dumbass teenager/early20sfaggot.

If you feel uncertain about going to college -- or if you feel it's not going to be "worth it" going to a non-Ivy -- then don't go. Take some time off; get a regular job or get training for a regular job.
>>
Community college is not for losers and it's not a meme. There are motivated professors there who will help you get a grip on coursework. I dropped out of high school and did 2 years at a CC, kicked ass, and got into a top-5 worldwide university. I'm on track to start a master's at Oxford next year. Put in some effort at community college and you can do great things anonkun.
>>
i had a 3.3 gpa in high school despite either not doing homework or completely bullshitting it. i paid a bit of attention in some classes and skated by the tests. then i failed every class in my first semester of college and dropped out. been neet garbage with two jobs in the middle for the last 2 years straight.
>>
High school was fucking easy. 3.7 gpa was like 5.0 or some shit weighted. I went to school with a bunch of niggers so the schooling was probably easier because Jews. At least I think so. I worked hard the first two years then just started fucking around because it was all easy after that.

Don't go to a big college. If you are a robot you should avoid them and go for an easier, more affordable, convienient, and faster method to get a degree. Big unis suck. I'm in one and I can't wait to get out. it makes making friends 10x harder than in highschool, especially starting at zero. Just take 6 classes a semester and do summer semesters and you'll be done in 2.5 years.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.