[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kind of want nintendo switch >nintendo makes barely any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1468448623265.jpg (133KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468448623265.jpg
133KB, 1080x1080px
>kind of want nintendo switch
>nintendo makes barely any of them
>they all get snatched up immediately by scalpers
>the only way to get one before 2018 is to pay 2x the price to a shady scalper on ebay

fuck this shit, I just want to play video games
>>
File: 1445890357356.gif (2MB, 349x352px) Image search: [Google]
1445890357356.gif
2MB, 349x352px
Should have pre-ordered one as soon as they announced them like me.

2018 does seem extreme tho.
>>
>>34960467
I tried, but the preorders were sold out within an hour and by the time I drove to a store they were sold out there too

I say 2018 because I really really wanted a wii when they came out, but it took until january 2008 for the stores around me to have them in stock consistently
by that time, everyone was sick of it and the good games were played to death with spoilers everywhere
people just kept buying them and scalping them online because nintendo refuses to make enough
>>
Funny you mention this OP, I just paid off my switch yesterday!

:-D

Got the Switch, Pro Controller, and Zelda: BOTW all paid off! So do two of my other friends. On launch night we're gonna take adderall and stay up all night playing Zelda, doing a podcast, and whatever the hell else we want.
>>
>>34960617
Can you not order one online?
>>
>>34960412
You should have paid attention and rushed to your gamestop on preorder day. If you were there within an hour after they opened you would have been able to pre-order one easily. Best Buy too. It's really your fault for not paying attention anon.
>>
>>34960708
it takes a half hour to get to the nearest gamestop through traffic, and by the time I got there, scalpers had already snatched up all of the preorders. Big cities are shit like that

>>34960699
Amazon and every other reseller is out and has been for at least a month

the only option is the $600 dollar ones on Ebay
>>
>>34960412
>preordered Nintendo Classic mini when preorders first open
>get it for 70 euros
>see them sold for 200-250 euros
>play on it for an afternoon
>now collecting dust

tl;dr
You're not missing out on anything.
Switch only has one game anyways.
>>
>>34960826
it's going to have a few more and by the time most people get their hands on it, the zelda game will have spoilers everywhere and be old news
splatoon sequel will be full of autists who practice nonstop and get pissed in-game because all the normal skilled people have moved on

I've been around the block, if you don't get in the 1st or second round with most games, it's not worth it
>>
Blame big N for being retards and not producing enough of their systems. It's like they hate money.
>>
>>34960896
No, they want to get the hype up.

>>34960862
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is gonna help sell consoles too though.
>>
>>34960896
no, they want people to fight over the consoles and scramble to get one
then 2 years later when people get bored of the gimmick, no one can resell theirs and they have to buy the games that come out
>>
>>34960896
Artificial scarcity describes the scarcity of items even though either the technology and production, or sharing capacity exists to create a theoretically limitless abundance, as well as the use of laws to create scarcity where otherwise there wouldn't be. The most common causes are monopoly pricing structures, such as those enabled by laws that restrict competition or by high fixed costs in a particular marketplace. The inefficiency associated with artificial scarcity is formally known as a deadweight loss.
>>
File: tatsumi-kimishima.jpg (34KB, 800x408px) Image search: [Google]
tatsumi-kimishima.jpg
34KB, 800x408px
>>34961182
>monopoly pricing structures

>implying Switch is the only game system
>implying any of the money that people overpay for getting Switches goes to Nintendo

This old fuck is killing Nintendo.

Based Iwata needs to guide them from the heavens.
>>
>>34961314
It's not about overpaying it's about creating the illusion of demand where there isn't one or making it seem like there's bigger demand than there actually is. They lose almost nothing by doing it. The people who want to buy a switch when it's sold out will most likely end up buying one down the line anyway. They've been doing it for a long time so it must be working.
>>
>>34961352
they've also been losing sales to microsoft and sony for a while now
it worked for the Wii, but didn't do shit to help the WiiU sales
>>
>I can't wait to get my Nintendo switch and play _______

that's the thing with Nintendo consoles, literally the definition of no gaems

they have Mario/Zelda and hope that's enough to carry them
>>
>>34960412
Or you could just order one from the internet like a normal person.
>>
>>34961554
internet preorders were full within an hour
>>
This is one thing I learned about things like Amiibo, Switch or PAX tickets in general; If you want them, be prepared to preorder asap. If you don't, give up
>>
I'm trying to decide getting either a Switch or PS4.

Reasons for switch
>Bomberman
>Botw (already have a Wii U, so I can get it on that
>Diasgaea 5 (can also get on PS4)
>Skyrim (haven't played it, but I can get a PS3/4/360/Xbone and play it quite easily)
>SMT

For PS4
>P5
>Other JRPGs
>Shit like nioh
>Multi plats I haven't played, because I fell for the Wii U meme and I'm too poor/cheap for a decent PC

Lots of time to decide, as I have a few 3DS games I want to finish
>>
The PS4 was selling like crack in a poor house but were all readily available in a few months. I'm sure the Switch will be easy to find before Splatoon 2 is out.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.