[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like being a garbage truck driver? There's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

What's it like being a garbage truck driver?

There's a company hiring now that's desperate for new drivers and I haven't had a job in half a year.

Would this be okay for a robot? I had to quit my last job because I couldnt handle the workplace politics and dealing with shitty customers all day.
>>
>>34959825

You probably need a HGV license to drive a garbage truck.
>>
I dunno it sounds pretty trashy
>>
>>34959847
This, also you should look into truck driving in general. Its a job that requires people who can deal with isolation for long periods of time. You can also cut down on living costs by living in the cabin.
>>
>>34959847
>A heavy goods vehicle (HGV), also large goods vehicle (LGV) or medium goods vehicle, is the European Union (EU) term for any truck with a gross combination mass (GCM) of over 3,500 kilograms (7,716 lb).[1] Sub-category N2 is used for vehicles between 3,500 kilograms (7,716 lb) and 12,000 kilograms (26,455 lb) and N3 for all goods vehicles over 12,000 kilograms (26,455 lb) as defined in Directive 2001/116/EC. The term medium goods vehicle is used within parts of the UK government to refer to goods vehicles of between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes which according to the EU are also 'large goods vehicles'.[2]
I dont think this applies to me, since i live in the Holy American Empire

I got a Class B CDL though.
>>
>>34959916

Well, you've got nothing to lose, apply and take all your vehicle stuff with you and see what they say.
>>
Working with garbage probably won't be all that different to browsing /r9k/ all day.
>>
>>34959876

>l dunno it sounds pretty trashy

LOL!
>>
File: sweets ihl.png (1MB, 1600x1561px) Image search: [Google]
sweets ihl.png
1MB, 1600x1561px
>>34959825
I got a PELL grant and went to a trucking school here in Texas , it was easy but driving a truck was not for me....im way too feminine as a guy and I like to travel not fucking drive drive drive drive - ya know ?
anyway it was called tri-state trucking and basically I think I got in almost free with the PELL grant....anyway it was alright , professional all the way and I did really well even though I hated high school and classes generally. I ended up going all the way to the track training after about 6 or 8 weeks of classroom instruction and testing for the basic permit.....then drove into nearby Dallas Texas the first night I was checked into the driver training motel thingy they put us in...I got really drunk that night and went clubbing...ended up with a prostitute in a cheap motel on the worst side of town at 3am....her "partner" was sitting in a chair at the foot of the bed with a loaded .44 snubnosed revolver in her lap...to protect the prostitute ..? I guess ? anyway , I couldn't get excited at all and she ended up leavening and I ended up taking one of the longest and hottest showers of my entire existence....then went to bed....I roamed around Dallas for about three days spending all the savings I had for the time I was supposed to be training ....had fun...ran out of money.....had to drive back to Austin with no money at all....basically pulled into my parents house on the fumes of my tank....I figured out being a truck driver wasn't for me....I was a wandering beta partyMonster Wizard in training.
>>
It pays well but isn't respected

Jobs that pay alot, jobs no one wants to do or skilled jobs
>>
>>34960225
As long as human interaction is kept among just your co-workes and you dont have to deal with pedestrians or anything Im sold. I dont really care how much respect the job brings. Its just something temporary to help get me through college mostly and pays well.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.