[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I break the habit of sending "hard to reply to"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1469399572843.jpg (243KB, 1039x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1469399572843.jpg
243KB, 1039x1500px
How do I break the habit of sending "hard to reply to" messages to girls? It seems that the difference between normal guys who can and can't get girlfriends is that the former are easy to talk to online or some shit and the latter send hard to respond to messages and conversations never develop. I seem to be the latter kind and I don't know what I'm supposed to do to fix this. Am I literally to smart to get a girlfriend?
>>
>to smart
>to

No, you're fine.
>>
>>34958172
If you ever visit any of the catfish tinder threads that get posted on here a lot you will see that what you say literally has no really effect on a girl, if she finds you attractive she will put up with anything, no matter how complicated or odd your messages might be. Those threads really showed me how important looks are and that personality and conversation skills(online) are just a meme. I'm sorry to say but if the messages you're having with girls are slow or awkward it's because they don't find you attractive.
>>
Ask questions about her life and how she's doing. Only do it if you actually want to know the answer, remember this is an area of relationships, and while communication skills (which is what you're asking about) should be learned, the more natural your intentions during a conversation the better.
>>
>>34958232
Meant to say no real effect OP. My bad.
>>
>>34958232
This is only true to an extent though. There absolutely are attractive guys that get nowhere with girls because they just cannot keep a conversation going. Saying not being attractive is the only reason for lack of success with a girl is going too far and generalizing too much.

>>34958238
But are you saying that guys who are successful with girls all actually care about that stuff? I can't imagine that to be true.
>>
>>34958273
In your case, caring would help.

You're not Chad so you need to actually connect on an emotional and personal level with women who are looking for the same thing.
>>
>>34958172
You're not "too smart", probably the opposite actually. Smart people know how to not be boring. Half of it depends on who you're talking to though, of course. Women, esp on dating sites, can be v unresponsive
>>
>>34958238
>"Hey, how are you?"
This is what EVERY guy says you fucking idiot. I got a girlfriend on a dating site the one time I used it. I made a joke about The Simpsons. She liked it. Two dates in and she was riding my cock.
>>
>>34958446

how does it feel knowing what took you two dates took other men just one?
>>
>>34959243
Feels fine. Would have been one date but we went out in the middle of the day.
>>
>>34958172
>that girl has hair on her legs
DISGUST/10
>>
>>34958232

This. I keep thinking i finally turned off the girl who likes me with my boring as shit texts. I give her something she literally can't reply to so she just says 'lol'. I think it's done. Then an hour or two later she'll try and start up a new topic with "so i just.. Blah blah blah".

Don't get me wrong she's cute, but i hate texting.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
The looks thing is a meme. I am a very average looking skinnyfat 23-year-old, and was actively into online dating from 17-21. During that time I got about 6-7 real-life dates out of it, kissed with 4 of them, 2 were gf's, and 1 I got laid with.

The secret is asking questions about them, and developing questions evolving from the responses. Also, make lots of jokes (not self-depricating) that are geared towards teasing the girl, like this

>"hey what are your hobbies?"
>"haha anon don't really have any :O"
>"don't tell me you are this boring :D"
>"oh well, actually like drawing sometimes"
>"what do you like to draw?"
>"my pets :3"
>"link me pls"
>"sure [LINK.htm]"
>"woooww cool :d"
>"thanks anon :3"
>"you should really open a personal gallery, Jane"
>"haha you're funny :3"

Show sincere interest in her. I know most girls are boring as shit, but take this as just some light-hearted fun, don't go head-over-heels on first convo. It's important as fuck to tease them, or else you come off as weak. Example of how to turn convo into awkward:

>"hey"
>"hey, who are you??"
>"heh, that's not really important I guess *chuckles*"
>"ok"
>"soo... what do u like to do?"
>"what do you mean anon?"
>"you know.. things... what do you like to do, in real life, or are you as boring as me, heh"
>"nuffin much"
>"are you sure?? everyone has hobbies, you know? I like anime, for example"
>"ok"
>"yeah"
>[NO RESPONSE]

basically, you blow it as soon as you turn into self-depricating, insecure, clingy or not showing interest in her whatsoever.

Take it from me, I have messaged so many, starting from young age, and have blown it many times, I have learned through experience. Just haven't done this shit for a while because I can't find a qt nerdy girls on online dating sites anymore, and chatting up basic bitches like I used to when I was younger is not that interesting anymore as I am older and look for more interesting girls.
>>
>>34959425

How do I know if she's interesting or a basic bitch? Can you tell it from the start?
>>
>>34960169
Read her profile. If you can't glean anything then it's up to your decision making. It's part experience, part intuition.

The easiest way is to hedge your bets. Talk to multiple girls at once. Also stops oneitis developing.
>>
>>34958172
Thats really easy. Just dont interact with females, i have managed to do tha tmy whole life.
>>
>>34959425
kek, that second conversation sounds like the ones I have with random girls online.

I ask them about themselves, or say something funny. Then they respond with "ok" or "alright" like they don't know English. I just find males better conversationalists.
All the guys I talked to from here type out paragraphs when I ask a simple question. I like that. Kind of surprised robots need help with conversations, when most here were the best I've had.
>>
>>34958204
>being this dumb
ffs man
>>
>>34960500
They don't need help with conversations. They just have their own things they find interesting to talk about. If a qt and bot find out they have same favorite vidya or movie, that robot would turn talkative. On the other hand, if you ask nomies about most of the topics we talk about on here, they'll be dumbfounded. Normies have their own interests. They'd be the robots or outcasts in our world. The problem is it's just the robots who wonder so much why "they're different" Then try to become normie but then find out they can't, and make an inference that "there's something wrong" with them.
>>
File: 1484640114769.gif (1MB, 288x314px) Image search: [Google]
1484640114769.gif
1MB, 288x314px
>>34960169
this >>34960308

>>34960500
I agree that men are much better to converse with, mostly because men are genuinely interested in abstract topics that are not bound with immediate surroundings of someone, which is most likely the case with women.

Now, there are some women who are truly interested in abstract topics, but in my experience, they give this vibe that they are mostly motivated to just inflitrate a commune or circle that has large amount of men they can get access to, where they have virtually no female competitors.

Not saying it's a bad thing, it's certainly cute to read stories how some guy met his gf in WoW or engineering course, and that gf is rather loyal to him, but just saying you gotta be extra careful in that case to not get blinded by the fact that lots of girls do this to fish for male attention, not out of genuine interest to the topic.

How do you weed out the attention whores? Just ask them specific questions that somebody not deep into subject has no opinion on.

>She plays vidya? Ask if she has nostalgic feelings towards some older game like Runescape/Heroes of Might & Magic/Diablo II etc. and what are her fondest memories from that game.
>She likes imageboard culture? Ask if she knows Boxxy, what is LoiC, what was behind "pool's closed" meme, who was Kimmo Alm, who is Chris Chan, or Creepy Chan. Refer to some old meme like Habeeb it, Chocolate Rain or Shit was cash, and see if she can provide some context, complete the meme or at very fucking least react with excitement
>She likes science? Ask her to quote her most inspiring scientists, and what does she like about them. If she quotes Carl Sagan, Michio Kaku, Vsauce or Neil DeGrasse Tyson, you know she probably means pop science

>inb4 better this than your basic bitch
no it's not, these girls have lots of men to choose from and they might leave this phase as soon as they run into a Chad who also manages to fake basic interest for her boys-club hobbie
>>
>>34960783
>>34960500

Can there be an interesting Stacy? Is there an exception? I think I've found myself a Stacy. I think she's interesting but it can also be that my mind is playing tricks on me like the halo effect. She's smart and actually kind.
>>
>>34960892
I'm not sure. I've fucked many girls and haven't yet met one "truly" interesting. Just less boring than others. I'm still holding out hope and am not yet ready to make a conclusion yet.
>>
>>34959425
>(not self-depricating)
This is very important, people you know may find it funny but strangers find ut off putting, especially girls unless tgey are tge same but those are very rare.
Like this girl that has a joke about suicide in her pic bio on tinder actually joked with me in a self depracating matter but other than this scenario, DON'T DO IT
Very good post op, really helpful but difficukt to follow especially never seeing the person irl before
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.