/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to doctor (female, early 30's) for unrelated medical

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

>go to doctor (female, early 30's) for unrelated medical issue
>appointment over, she goes to stand up and then sits back down and asks me to come back for another appointment about my mental health
>she's the very sympathetic, gentle kind
>apparently I seemed flat and she deemed it necessary for a mental health plan
>go back
>she asks me about my childhood, current living situaion
>I came from a broken home and haven't seen my parents in years but made a point of emphasizing I'm very close to my uncle and his wife who practically adopted meas their own and I am very close with my only sibling
>she asked if I live with anyone, I said no
>asked me about my job, I said "stressful but ok"
>told her I play soccer and basketball
>she never once asked me about any friends or hobbies or romantic interests
>get home, read her notes on me she's written for the psychiatrist:

>diagnosis: depression, major: precipitating factors: poor social supports, isolation
perpetuating factors: isolation

I almost fell out of my fucking chair, she didn't even need to pry, or ask at all... just made the sweeping assumption I'm a fucking loser and that's why I'm depressed.

I can't hide it why bother trying to improve myself.
>>
>>34955564
>female, early 30's
give up, your eggs are toxic, hoard cats or old records and learn to crochet
>>
your doctor sucks
she missed the autism
>>
>>34955564
Always look on the bright side of life
Also i wanna fuck that bune
>>
>>34955581
no I meant the doctor is early 30's and female
>>
>>34955564
What was the medical issue you went for?
>>
>>34955590
maybe she did pick it up, but maybe autism doesn't fall under her jurisdiction.
>>
>>34955628
follow up after kidney stone
>>
>>34955598
what a random detail to include
>>
File: 636050669175340572348210504.jpg (635KB, 1921x1080px) Image search: [Google]
636050669175340572348210504.jpg
635KB, 1921x1080px
>>34955564
>gets correct diagnosis
>is angry about it
no wonder people bitch about the quality of health care all the time
>>
>>34955646
I suppose in the context of women seeing right thru to my loner core. Sure she's a doctor but she's a female only slightly older than me. The point of my post is that I didn't realize how obvious it is I have no friends or life. If it was coming from an old man it may have stung less, I don't know?
>>
>>34955665
I'm not angry at her. She's right.
It was pretty confronting to read about myself since all she had to go on was her intuition from the way I came across. And she was right. In 28 years my social skills and demeanor are still apparently abysmal so is there any point in trying anymore? srs
>>
>>34955665
THIS. You should be angry if no one notices you to the point of you saying in anguish, 'does nobody even care?'
>>
>>34955724
this
or even worse if they say they care and go out of their way to make you as miserable as possible
>>
Be glad anon this might be what leads to improvement. I recently experienced all of my previous incorrect beliefs about myself being (good and bad) undone which was painful sbd made me feel worse for quite a while, but ultimately most of my insecurities have evaporated.
>>
>>34955789
thanks anon.
what happened for you?
>>
>>34955695
Maybe you should take her referral? It might actually help matters.
>>
>>34955975
I don't want to screw myself... I think I may be schizo. I got dx'd with depression almost a decade ago and tbqh senpai the meds have done jack shit and because it's on my record I couldn't join the military or police which is what I wanted to do. I feel like if I get more stuff written down and more fruitless treatment I'm only going to regret it.
>>
>>34955564
did you open up because for one second you thought someone would feel sorry for your pitiful ass?

she didnt care about you and now you finally realize your a reject even to your own conscious
>>
File: tumblr_nbmi1dSpMk1r4uzxpo1_1280.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbmi1dSpMk1r4uzxpo1_1280.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
I came here for the bun. Have this bun OP, that bun is very qt and it will be a nice addition to my collection of buns.
>>
>talk to therapist
>Talk about what you.do in your free time
>Don't mention friends at all
Gee anon I wonder how she figured you out, she must be psychic right?
>>
>>34956054
>your a reject even to your own conscious
nigga wat
>>
>>34956111
she didn't ask me anything about my free time
she's a GP not a shrink
>>
>>34955564
>go to psychologist about possible depression
>she gives me a test to take
>it asks me how my symptoms affect my social/work life
>no friends
>no job
>there is no option for n/a so I am logically obliged to answer it does not affect them at all
>psychologist scores my results
>do not qualify for depression
Guess I'm gonna be fine after all ha ha.
>>
>>34956096
I love you. That ops bun got me too.
>>
File: 1389896027619.jpg (89KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1389896027619.jpg
89KB, 500x375px
>>34956376
Here you go, have this bun for the nice words.
>>
>>34955564
>female shrinks
Nope, never good. Stop seeing her. Seriously, I nearly got sent off to a loony bin at 13. I didn't want to go to school because of all the bullying I'd had to endure for years and shit just got too much and I refused to go. She deemed me "unruly."
>>
>>34955564
yeah they all do that, thats why every time i see my psychiatrist he want to put me on antipsychotic
because he thinks im anxious
they are retarded, they can not help you, just search online what kind of med you need and ask them that
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.