[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In times past men like us would be monks and would live a whole

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: monks.jpg (101KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
monks.jpg
101KB, 800x533px
In times past men like us would be monks and would live a whole life of no gf while exploring the human condition and the world.

When will you start your holy path, anon?
>>
>>34952847
too lazy for that OP, sorry
>>
>>34952847
I'm planning on becoming a monk if college falls through. It's a big commitment though, Buddhist monks have pretty serious vows to uphold.
>>
In about 5 months, no joke

Ever since I decided (more like realized) that this would be my path you'd be astonished at the amount of things that have been happening around me that are pushing me forward to do this. Basically many simple "go for it"'s that seem to stem from nowhere but God.
>>
romantic love is important don't give up
>>
>using metaphysics to justify being a neet
>>
File: 1345152338435.jpg (429KB, 1079x821px) Image search: [Google]
1345152338435.jpg
429KB, 1079x821px
one day i will build a monastery of wizard monks.
one day...

what should the foundation be, besides male celibacy?
>>
>>34952965
To solve the problems all religions strive to solve. Ending suffering.
>>
>>34952965
Something like this only works under a very devotional vote of poverty and devotion to God

So if by wizard you mean 30+ y/o virgins you will fail at building a proper monastery due to lack of worship

HOWEVER, someone already did exactly what you mean by a "monastery of wizard monks" and his name was Epicurus. Look up "Epicurus' garden" so it's definitely possible.
>>
>>34952847
When a monastery opens up in fucking iowa
>>
>>34953012
A monastery's location is 100% irrelevant.

Considering you will be spending your entire life in there and dedicate your entire life to it, distance and location are nothing.
>>
>>34952898
serious vows and hard work. good work, though
>>
>>34953012
>being too lazy to travel to achieve a life on endless study, introspection and duty to higher powers.
>>
>>34952847
>while exploring the human condition and the world
And like what did they explore and figure out?
>>
File: 1426297_26ce6f4.jpg (182KB, 604x910px) Image search: [Google]
1426297_26ce6f4.jpg
182KB, 604x910px
I like looking at pictures of pussy too much to become a monk
>>
>>34952908
Where are you going? How do I become a monk? I already meditate every day.l
>>
>>34953982
Join sangha. Speak to monks. Learn how to become ordained.
>>
File: 37783090.jpg (327KB, 1000x715px) Image search: [Google]
37783090.jpg
327KB, 1000x715px
>>34952847
Why be a monk when you can become a mystic living in constant ecstasy?
>>
>>34953982
I'm not going straight into monastic life, but I'm at the point where I simply decided I'm going to dedicate my life to spirituality/non-materialism
>>
>>34953965

Evelyn lin
>>
>>34953034
>distance and location are nothing
how are you supposed to get there if you're poor
>>
>>34955108
Anyone can get an incredibly shitty job for a month to make enough for a plane ride

If not hitchhike

If not walk there

Did you know you can walk to anywhere?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.