[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad has your social anxiety become? I cannot handle others

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

How bad has your social anxiety become?
I cannot handle others being able to see me let alone speak to them.
>>
I start sweating like crazy whenever I'm in line at the grocery store. Its dripping on my glasses, my armpits are a disaster its annoying.
>>
I now try to completely avoid my roomates. I've stared eating tinned food in my room and only ever eating cold food or takeaways.
>>
I freeze up and forget how to talk in certain situations, I either remain that way until the other person says something or I physically force myself to speak. Either way I look like a wacko.

This usually happens in fast food joints and whenever my mother is present.
>>
It used to be a lot worse. When I was 18 and full of hopes and dreams. I'm 27 now. I've been a robot for too long to care about stuff like this anymore. Unless I have to talk to a crowd, I don't really feel any anxiety.
>>
>>34951034
The best thing I do to relieve anxiety in social situations is to tell myself that the silence is deliberate and I'm just not interested in talking to them, if that makes sense. Like, it doesn't feel tense at all if you just have extremely passive conversations and give non-committal answers when you can't think of what to say, and nobody will call you out or anything so long as you stay polite.
>>
>>34951162
This. I'm getting to the point where i'm starting to believe people honestly don't want me around because i'd only invade their space.
>>
>>34951541
I know what you mean. I have 4 flatmates at university who are all friends with each other and I am the odd one out. The only reason I am in this flat is because one of their other friends and I took their place. I know they would rather have any other person in the flat but me.
>>
>tfw you just want to hide every part of your body from being visible to other people but you can't always have a sweatshirt hood up and summer exists
Honestly, knowing that I can kill myself at any time is one of the only things that gets me through going to/from class.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.