[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do smart people work so hard and become so smart? >pic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 34

File: princeton grad CV.png (103KB, 500x802px) Image search: [Google]
princeton grad CV.png
103KB, 500x802px
How do smart people work so hard and become so smart?

>pic related

These people are another breed. I can't ever hope to have a CV matching her CV or even someone like her.
>>
This is pretty much why I dropped out of school.

I got really depressed thinking about how little I achieved and how much work I had ahead of me.

I wish I could be a highly educated person with dozens of awards, but it'll never happen so o well
>>
File: princeton maths grads.png (693KB, 662x564px) Image search: [Google]
princeton maths grads.png
693KB, 662x564px
>>34938967
These Princeton graduate students look just like any other robot, yet their brains are OP.

How do they do it? Seriously, I want to know their secrets.

Sure, they probably don't get laid, but at least they can console themselves with the fact that they're probably in the top 0.01% of people in the world in terms of intellect.
>>
>>34939044
Honestly, if your iq is over 100 you can get pretty far in life if you work really hard.

You don't have to be a genius to get all of those qualifications and awards, although it does take a lot of time.
>>
>>34938903
studying is their hobby
most people think of school as a chore, some bullshit you have to force yourself to do so you can get on with your life. they actually enjoy it
>>
>>34939180
>tfw you actually like to study and read but not within a rigid structure.
>>
B-But women are stoopid!
>>
Genes

When you go to college they don't tell you you're literally competing with people who have have lawyers and doctors and diplomats and even royalty in their family tree going back centuries

They probably should
>>
Having met a LOT of these people in my life they are really not that impressive.

They just LOOK impressive. That's the whole game. All that stuff listed doesn't mean shit. It's just lines on paper. Idiots like YOU are impressed by it and that's the point. To look impressive to idiots. That's the whole game anon. It's all about appearances. They go out of their way to get the brand name schools and a whole bunch of irrelevant awards to make themselves seem more capable and legitimate when in reality they're the same dumb apes as anyone else.

Often they don't even realize it themselves, they aren't all self-aware. Most are just pushed into this shit by their parents who likewise believe that it actually matters.
>>
You'd be surprised how easy it is to get academic """""awards""""". Academia is a giant circle jerk.

Source: have a master's degree in engineering from one of the top 10 engineering schools in the U.S.
>>
File: gIWgWsh.jpg (370KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
gIWgWsh.jpg
370KB, 1275x1650px
>>34938903
It needs more color

This CV is much better
>>
>>34939365
Lol

People who are better than you exist, you're going to have to accept it
>>
>>34939365
>these phd's are all idiots who aren't self aware
>I'm a high school dropout neet who is so much smarter and more self aware

The delusion is strong in this one.
>>
File: 1343786903047.jpg (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1343786903047.jpg
5KB, 205x246px
>>34939404
>this guy has accomplished so much
>he'll probably get an amazing job
>you've accomplished nothing
>>
>>34939365
you're right that they know how to play the game but it still requires a lot of effort and probably a lot of discipline. people like this may not be that much smarter than the average person but they clearly have some intelligence and they have the other traits that allow them to succeed at their goals.
>>
>>34939456
Yeah and before you knew he existed you didn't give a shit. Hmmmm maybe there's a lesson to be learned here, called "who gives a fuck?". You're letting some bitch 3000 miles away who's never even going to breathe your air ruin your day. THAT is Fucking retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 301x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 301x369px
>>34939365
We have an actual retard here.
>>
>>34939516
He has reminded me of my own failure
>>
>>34939516
This is a quality post. The guy shouldn't bother you because he doesn't have exist in a material sense. It's like getting bothered by the Chad abstraction.
>>
Sigh. Those people are high IQ geniuses without mental issues.

It's all genetic bullshit. You cannot do anything about it. I mean you can work your ass off but that's not enough to get to that level.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

t. math major
>>
>>34938903
I'm a pretty gud math major myself, but except for student loan issues in your fuckstate I don't get these overcompensating fucks who roll through a program in record time. they're only crippling themselves in other parts of their lives and putting other people's expectations on them with not much real return. better to go about it slowly and comfily when you're on that level already
>>
>>34939353

It is genetic.

However intelligence is not so easily predictable.

In my math major, for example, the top of the class have the poorest less educated parents. My parents are also no educated and I do better than people who have engineers as parents.

But yeah, especially in highly competitive fields, it all boils down to:

1. have a very high IQ
2. don't have mental issues to get in your way (depression and adhd are the big ones).
3. have somebody to set you on the right track
>>
>>34938903
>How do smart people work so hard and become so smart?
Their parents made them do it.
>>
>>34939688

Lol what are you talking about? It's the only thing they are good at. No reason to waste time trying to do something else. Do you think they could be a well rounded individual? Fuck no. Do you think they could have a relationship or a gf? Fuck no. They are like pro-athletes. Their only sense of accomplishment comes from getting further in their fields.

I wish I was half as decent as them. Instead I'm just as ugly and socially incompetent but not smart enough to earn awards for my math skills :(
>>
man, i've seen people talk about the blindness of some people on this board and how they're always trying to find excuses to why they fail - but i've never really believed it until now.

>>34939365
>>34939353
you guys are pathetic
>>
>>34939353
I'd have to agree. I was simply born intelligent (or at the very least with a near-photographic memory), so I easily coasted through the majority of my work in life. The moment I actually had to start putting forth actual, genuine effort, though, I quit, because fuck that noise.
>>
>>34939792

You probably have never met truly intelligent people and are talking completely out of your ass.

Just like not everybody has the athleticism to play in the NBA or compete in the 200m sprint, the same is just as true for academic fields.

Not everybody is smart enough. Look, no amount of hard work is going to get a person with a 100 IQ to graduate with a Math BA from Harvard. It's not going to happen. Not to speak of earning all those awards.

You lack perspective.
>>
>>34939365
Mate, she was one of the best Mathematicians in the whole of Romania from a young age. Did you see that list of awards?
>>
Scientists should invent a pill that increases your IQ to 200+ and cures all mental illnesses so we can have a world where everyone can fulfill their passion in life.
In the world we live in right now you're either:
>smart and can be the biggest douche in the world and everyone will be sucking your dick 20/7, and if anyone opposes you they are obviously just jealous, you're always the good guy
or
>dumb and no matter what you do you will always be treated like you're the worst kind of person who ever lived and making fun of you will be okay because you deserve it
>>
>>34939872

Holy shit. She's the perfect waifu. Good looking and a literal genius.

There is one girl in my class who is like that, but she's not nearly as good looking or as smart.

And I still don't have any chances even with her :(
>>
>>34939889

Literally impossible.

What will happen in the near future is that people will be able to predict the IQ of their possible children and maybe select for some genes that are linked to intelligence. Of course the technology will cost a ridiculous amount of money and only be available to the ultra rich.

I hope I not around when those douchebags start popping out.
>>
>>34938903
just reading the thesis titles makes me tired

whenever I try to learn something even slightly complex for just five minutes, I want to go to sleep immediately
>>
>>34939867
the genes guy then.

desu, you're the one speaking out of your ass. i've met and worked with some great people (mathematicians and physicists), and lots of them come from humble enough origins. they've really just worked hard at it.

and contrary to what some people in this thread might think a lot of them are normal and well rounded individual.
>>
>>34939994

"humble origins" <> "not genetically gifted"

I'm not the guy saying that your parents must be geniuses for you to also be a genius (though the correlation is definitely there).

But you need those intelligence genes none the less. Hard work alone is not enough.

Maybe you lack perspective the other way round. Maybe you don't realise how dumber than you the average individual is.
>>
File: 1484047885413.jpg (84KB, 1200x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1484047885413.jpg
84KB, 1200x1185px
>>34938903

For the education one I think a lot of its down to parents.

I got on very well with my old HS teacher whose children had equally impressive educations, but him and his wife barely passed uni so I doubt it was inherited.

I think he just pushed them very hard (one of his children committed suicide when training to become a doctor)
>>
>>34939990

That's a symptom of ADHD. Getting that feeling of lethargy, low energy and tiredness when you try to apply yourself.
>>
>>34939777
shit life philosophy right there

I prefer mooching of my european state for as long as possible while kicking ass in the shadows than end up like my friend who just got a doctorate position in sub-regular time but who can't talk to other people, which for some reason, I don't know, reminds of some themes which are common on this board

but at least he also got some stupid award right
>>
>>34939994
>know a guy
>Decently popular
>Good looking
>6 foot tall
>Social with a large circle of friends
>Good body
>Participated in school sports
>Got into Oxford with near perfect grades.
>Did community service ALL THE TIME (seriously, he was big on it)

How many of these ultra-Chads exist? I've only met 1 in my life (that dude) and to top it off he isn't even a douchebag. He was always read to help me out in class and was friends or at least friendly with most people.
>>
>>34940046
>I think he just pushed them very hard (one of his children committed suicide when training to become a doctor)

Because he literally wasn't smart enough and the parents expectations were too much for him to handle.
>>
Intelligence and scholastic aptitude are not the same thing.

Some intelligent people are lazy or have no interest in reading or learning.

Some average people are very hard working, always do their 100% and never feel tired, fatigued or bored. They have a laser like focus on whatever their doing.

Some people have none and others have both.
>>
>>34938903
>become so smart

You don't become smart but studying a lot an specializing in a field grants you knowledge others won't have even if they are smarter than you.

Put it this way, a smart person will master 10 skills by the time you master 1 but you will still beat them as long as the skill you learned is unique to you.
>>
>>34938903
It's not magic. She's probably just above average IQ and spent about 6000 hours in total studying those listed specialties. Most anons in this thread would be experts in their field if they spent their vidya time on academic study.
>>
>>34940055

What year are you in? What country?

I'm essentially doing the same thing.
>>
>>34940068

Still, she got in which you wouldn't expect if they purely let the smartest people in, intelligence is inherited and education has nothing to do with it.

His other children graduated fine
>>
They enjoy the work they're doing and are motivated. Most robots lack motivation and don't care. At least I don't. I'm going to school now for business and I don't care for what I'm studying. I spend most of my time teaching myself how to write screenplays and novels. It all boils down to having drive and ambition. You can to truly want what comes at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>34940056

Fuck those guys. Make me feel like a downright subhuman.

I know two of them.

Why does life have to be so unfair?

Like seriously whose that asshole god who decided that they should play life as the protagonist heros and me as the side character who is completely mediocre.
>>
>>34939743
This probably. I'm wicked smaht (really) and my parents never cared or required anything of me. "Just do what you like, anon", they said. So I became a NEET.
>>
>>34940158

Perhaps drive and ambition also have a genetic component.
>>
>>34940099

>Most anons in this thread would be experts in their field if they spent their vidya time on academic study.

Lol no. What if I tell you that she can learn 10 times faster than any random dumbfuck. What if I tell you that there are math classes that are beyond the comprehension of the average person, no matter how hard they study and no matter how much time they invest in it.
>>
File: 1434026258595.jpg (29KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1434026258595.jpg
29KB, 436x436px
I kind of enjoy learning.
Stuff like functional programming languages, signal-processing, things related to computers and such.
I am actually quite good at studying, but I don't really have any motivation to do it at all.
Which is why I am just floating along my university CS degree, never spending any effort, getting good, but never very good marks.
For better grades I'd have to invest more than a few days of learning, which I don't see the point of.
There was once a point where I did have some motivation, and I aced that shit, but afterwards I realized that it really doesn't make me happy at all.
It's just too much of a bother, and if it doesn't incite my natural curiosity spending too much time on it actually makes me feel depressed.

What kind of sucks is that people aren't very accepting of that.
They all want me to spend my best effort, because they see that I can do it and become an overachiever.
You can't really explain that in your opinion there is no point to it, and you'd rather spend your days lazily in piece.
>>
>>34940194

>Perhaps drive and ambition also have a genetic component.

It is. At least not having mental illness helps a lot and mental illness is definitely genetic. Both ADHD and depression are inherited to some extent.
>>
>>34940177
>le I'm smart but just lazy meme

Let me guess, you've 'read' some Nietzsche too.
>>
>>34939414
>>34939420
>>34939506
>>34939533
I came from an affluent white suburb and went to an Ivy League school. So did most of my friends. That doesn't make me anything special. Except for a few truly exceptional individuals (faculty) they're all just people. The students are normally pretty smart but it's far from "another breed."

Seriously. You're giving them too much credit.
>>
>>34938903
And here I am beating myself up because I'm too fucking stupid to set up a non-retarded 3d camera in Unity
>>
>>34940239
iktf bro

thing is, I usually understand everything very well when I'm learning from books or a lecture script, to the point that I can apply and explain stuff months later, but that isn't enough to get consistently very good marks

instead of just understanding things very well, you have to reread the same dumb exercise types for an endless amount of time and memorize formulas to such an extent that you can use them without thinking, then do some stupid exam in 60 minutes, and that seriously fucking sucks

I also hate lectures, I don't get much benefit out of them, would rather read at home desu
>>
>>34938903

This is why I'm NEET and why I'm a KHV. I just can't compete with Chad and smart people that apply themselves. Chad is just superior to me in every way so women have no reason to ever choose me over him and employers have no reason to choose me over a person that has a resume like OP. I'm just not good enough. I was born a peasant in an age of kings. I look like a peasant, have the body of a peasant, I was born to die in war for Chad.
>>
>>34938903
Better at networking and sucking cock more often than not. Also typically better work ethic.
>>
>>34940239
>It's just too much of a bother, and if it doesn't incite my natural curiosity spending too much time on it actually makes me feel depressed.

I am this exact way. I struggle to study anything I don't personally give a shit about. When I was in college studying business, I had to read a 20 to 50 page chapter on stocks, and globalism, and management a week. I did well in the classes, but I skimmed the books and often didn't read. It was so dull. My father has called me lazy all my life. Over these past few days, I finished a 300 page psychology book about relationships, making notes for myself. I am only lazy about things I don't give a shit about.
>>
>>34940216
>What if I tell you that there are math classes that are beyond the comprehension of the average person, no matter how hard they study and no matter how much time they invest in it.

It doesnt mean anything. Math is a logical language that builds upon itself in incremental steps. Higher level mathematics is not some deep Rain Man Good Will Hunting magical 10 page equations of greek letters that is beyond the capacity of the average person - it just requires a lot of time, dedication, study and practice of the basics onwards to get good at math.

On top of that higher level mathematics is a gigantic fucking clusterfuck of fields. No one can be expected to learn everything, that's why mathematicians specialize in specific fields

Really, what it sounds like is you just making excuses for being a retard who doesnt want to put in the effort to get better at anything. Because why bother when you can just blame the invisible hand who pushed you into being a useless retarded fedora neet?
>>
>>34939872
Being the best at a subject in a country full of uneducated goat fucking gypsies

What an achievement
>>
>>34939139

You don't have to be a genius to be good at maths either.
It's just logic, you can get good at maths with practice and dedication.
>>
>>34940311
>whaddya mean you don't have a seven figure trust fund and didn't grow up spending summers sailing off of the coast of Connecticut? It's okay it's nothing special you're not asking much just ask all my other wealthy friends
>>
>>34938903
actually this is kind of underwhelming when you look at where she came from

all the parts of her CV after her PHD are above average in terms of grants (she accepted templeton money REEEEEEEEEEE) but I work in engineering so I don't know how competitive math grants are. Still, it's expected for phd/post docs to get grants (or teach) and part of your job is literally just applying for as many grants as you can, so that's just another way of saying 'I did my job as faculty'

to be honest she might even be depressed looking at where she came from. 1st place and all these student awards makes me think she was trying really hard in school to be the absolute best since nobody is just casually award first place in math competitions. Even if she was a prodigy, look where she ended up- just another teacher plucking away at esoteric research topics in her field.

Not to discredit an impressive cv of course. I'm talking more about just the trajectory of her life. She went from wanting to be the best to just being another professor.
>>
>>34940352
I have no problem with memorizing all of those details and such, but it just takes too much time.
I don't want to spend a week or two crammed up somewhere every day, trying to learn every detail, only to spew it all out on that piece of paper, and forget it the next day.
And in the process your whole mind becomes way too fixated on these 90 minutes, it really turns me crazy and depressed.
Seeing my fellow students and friends doing that I notice that for them this just comes naturally.
They don't really have any problem with that.
I just don't think that I am made to be a student, or whatever.
But I don't care, because I am going along just fine, and I don't need to be an overachiever.
If something interests me enough I will learn it by myself quite well.
>>
>>34939889
>Scientists should invent a pill that increases your IQ to 200+ and cures all mental illnesses so we can have a world where everyone can fulfill their passion in life.
I'm pretty sure I read a book or saw a movie or something about that once
>>
>>34940602
>just another teacher plucking away at esoteric research topics in her field.

What else is an academic going to do? I'm not sure what a better achievement would be
>>
>>34939404
>the mark is censored on the ponies
top lel
>>
>>34938967
So much this. I work harder as anyone other student in my subject. I learned 2 months before the exams for 4 hours every day and... I failed, in the easiest exams.
I cry often and in my semester holidays I basically lie in my bed and cry, play sometimes videogames and movies so I'm not kill myself and I have my Teddy who I cuddle (and I don't care if this weird for an 23 years old men, I have no fucking friends, my Teddy is one of the few things that would never left me and who I care about).
>>
File: 1408897052236.png (334KB, 353x403px) Image search: [Google]
1408897052236.png
334KB, 353x403px
>>34940602
Masters here in a top 20's STEM program for my field.

When you start looking at the amount of work needed to actually land a decent tenure-track job anywhere these are the types of CV's you need, shit gets immensely depressing. Academics are some of the most over-qualified and under-compensated people in the workforce today. The problem with grad school is you're in a constant battle to trying to keep from painting yourself into a corner.

Ask yourself this one question; what is missing on this application?

Work experience.

Generally, private sector employers will frequently pass over these kinds of students because the common perception is that you're probably an autist. You've sunk so much time into academic pursuits that it's likely you won't function well in the kinds of team based work environments commonly seen outside the ivory tower. Not to mention that most employers will generally feel as if they're forced to pay you more than a comparatively qualified candidate without the degree.

So you've got research experience in one hyper-specific academic field that no one gives a shit about, all you know how to do is write grants and you have no demonstrable team-based work experience. The only people who will hire you are other academics. If you're not cream of the crop, odds are even that you'll spend the rest of your life languishing either as an assistant professor at a shit-tier university with garbage pay, or worse yet, you'll be an adjunct until you finally realize they literally don't give you enough money to live.

And that's in reference to STEM academics. If you're getting your post-bachelors in humanities or arts... good fucking luck you dumb ass.

TL;DR: Get a masters, get your ass into internships that provide you with relevant work experience then GTFO as soon as you can. Academics is a clap trap. Don't fall for it.
>>
>>34940311
>I came from an affluent white suburb and went to an Ivy League school. So did most of my friends.
Always nice to see legacy in action.
>>
>>34940897
maybe learn some better studying techniques
>>
>>34938903
Half of these stuff is because she knows how to suck dick and kiss ass
>>
>>34939044
Princeton and ivy league kids aren't even that fucking smart. They're hard workers above anything. And unless you plan to be a lawyer nobody gives a shit between Harvard and UNC Chapel Hill
>>
>>34938903
>Above Average intelligence
>Good parenting
>No debilitating mental illness
That's about all there is to it.
>>
>>34939044
>>34938903
God damn I wish I didn't live in a society where envy and murder were suppressed or looked down upon.

I'd kill everyone of these fucks if I could get my hands on them.

It's literally hell on earth being born stupid. Every day I live with the endless pain of knowing I'm inferior to almost everyone around me. I'm not even trying to fit in with society any more, I'm fucking doomed from birth. Zero will power, slow learner, terrible social skills, average IQ, ugly and short.

At least I'm strong/fit enough to purge my enemies.
>>
>>34941827
Harvard/Yale are a bit over-hyped. But not MIT/UC Berkley.
>>
I studied nursing because it's easy money and unbeatable hours. I wish I'd have gone into something that was negligibly more difficult but a little longer and a lot more fun like medicine. Of course had I gone into medicine I'd still be unhappy and wish I'd gone nursing for better hours or maybe agriculture microbiology since that's where my true passion lies. I'll never have the funds to carry out any real experiments but I get some enjoyment out of reading journal articles. Every now and then author takes pity on me and hooks me up with a copy for free. It's fucking bullshit these journals want $50 each for 3 or 4 pages of content.
>>
>>34939353
B-but Forrest Gump had a genius son!

Muh Lisa Simpson
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
>>34942063
>Dream job offers 0 pay.
>Was offered a fully funded PhD by a prestigous university
>Had to turn it down because I want my own place (etc.)
>>
File: 1316235695382.png (48KB, 160x193px) Image search: [Google]
1316235695382.png
48KB, 160x193px
>>34942116
Hahahaha, serves you right smart-ass.
>>
>>34941952
Good thing we have guns to protect against you
>>
>>34939180
I like studying, just nothing that makes money or is useful. I would fucking love film school but it's expensive, useless, and filled with SJWs.
>>
>>34939506

You've obviously never spent any time outside of your ivory tower if you think these kinds of people are not that much smarter than the average person.Just 2SD above the mean makes a person many times smarter. I've spent time with people both above and below the mean as well as right around it. The differences are profound and can't be explained away simply as culture. These people are just better than us little people. It's a humbling experience for my 126 IQ ass to drown in the glory of a 130+'s presence. I can't even begin to imagine what goes on in their minds, and would be willing to kill a whole fucking village to have it.
>>
>>34942172
It actually feels really bad to have an intellectual passion that you need to give up to progress financially in life.
>>
>>34940056
I'd love to poison that chad's drink if he ever tried to help me. Nothing is more humiliating than being taught like that by someone in your own age group.
>>
>>34942207
Good, I'm glad you're suffering.
>>
>>34939293
>tfw when that's a shitty non-excuse for failing to organize onself
>>
>>34942193
Guns work both ways.
>>
>>34942235
Why the bitterness anon? I've helped many robots over the years.
>>
>>34941952
No, no it's a lot easier when you aren't smart enough to how illogical of a system you live under, or how rigged the game of life is, or how corrupting of an influence wealth is, or how stupid (or malicious) the people who run the world are. I could go on, but I won't. The saying "ignorance is bliss" holds a lot of merit to it and ignorance is much easier to maintain when you have a painfully average level of intelligence.
>>
>>34939627
You could use force to exterminate them.

Might makes right after all.

Unfortunately none of you robots feel enough hate/envy to do something like that.
>>
File: 1329877916049.jpg (17KB, 298x200px) Image search: [Google]
1329877916049.jpg
17KB, 298x200px
>>34942281
Shut up faggot, I know how fucked the world is. I'm living the worst of it, while you are succeeding.

Don't lecture me about what hell on earth is with your six-figure salary and social prestige.
>>
>>34942260
If you aren't a robot, get the fuck off our board and let us surfer in peace amoungst our own kind.
>>
File: 1315189338957.jpg (2KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1315189338957.jpg
2KB, 126x126px
>>34942281
>Makes tons of money in a respectable career working at a big company.

>Tells robots they have it bad because he thinks they are too stupid to understand how shitty the world is, despite seeing everything posted in this board.

Wow, that is a whole new level or arrogance.
>>
>>34942318
>>34942500
I think normies actually have a warped enough view of the world where they honestly believe that they have it bad but the poor are living the dream.

I can kinda see why they think that about NEETs (even though it's not true), but working class people having it easy? Give me a break.
>>
>>34942570
>poor are living the dream

This perception has existed as long as history my friend. One of Cicero's books (I can't remember which, its been a long time) is about poor farmers in Greece and how much he idealises the simplicity of their life.
>>
>>34942653
That is the inverse of what is true. Stop making excuses for it. They (the rich, successful) know they have it good.

They just preach this shit to try and reduce the envy of the poor.

That piece of shit was trying to tell some of the most miserable, lonely, unloved and poor people on the planet that they don't know how evil the world is and that they have it good.
>>
>>34938903
Holy shit. I want to be an Evo. Biologist but I will never be as noteworthy as this woman.

Fuck me for doing shit in highschool and going to a shitty state school for college. Ill never be able to compete with these types.
>>
>>34942734
> Stop making excuses for it.

I wasn't. I'm pointing out how flawed and ridiculous a menatality it is, but yet its been around forever.
>>
File: 1353968790706.jpg (191KB, 451x485px) Image search: [Google]
1353968790706.jpg
191KB, 451x485px
>>34942748
>Ill never be able to compete with these types.

Yes you can, that's what violence is for.

Free your hate.
>>
>>34942734
Well he seems to gotten the fuck out of the thread after you told him off.

There's that.
>>
>>34939889
That's going to inflate human achievements, so even if a guy manages to come up with a space shuttle in his backyard it won't mean shit since everyone would be able to do the same. Life will still be hard.
>>
>>34938903
there is a typo on her CV

Magna cum Laudae is wrong, Laudae is the wrong case
>>
>>34942806
To summarize, an IQ of 190 doesn't mean shit when everyone is at 230.
>>
>>34942833
Isn't laudae plural?
>>
>>34938903
You highlighted the wrong sections. It's the grants that really matter on an academic CV. Then the pubs. Then the rest of the crap. Being highly educated with bunches of awards means jack squat. Being able to get private sector or govt funding means a lot.
>>
>>34939365
>>34940311
this guy is right

Having family members in academia and several others who just went to Ivy League schools but aren't professors makes it easy to see that they're not really anything special.
Hard workers? Yes. Interesting to talk to about a specific subject? Yes. but really they aren't that special
>>
File: 1453853500331.jpg (490KB, 1280x934px) Image search: [Google]
1453853500331.jpg
490KB, 1280x934px
>>34939404
This guy probably got roasted by the entire hiring department as soon as he emailed this anywhere. Jesus.

If I ever received this, I would use it as an example of what you should never, ever do if you want to be taken seriously in the working world. I'm embarrassed even looking at it.
>>
>>34942653
>>34942769
It's not even a real mentality. It's just what they try and tell the poor to prevent them from being envious of them. They don't believe it for one second.

One of the main things rich people try to do is prevent the have-nots from killing those who have.

What I wonder is how all these scumbags seem to spout off the same line of bullshit, often times verbatim, at the same time.

Do they all read from the same manual or gather in meetings to discuss what bullshit they will sell to the poor?
>>
>>34941952
You don't have to live in this society. Really this society, it a threat to life itself, and I'm not just talking about humans. Although humans are victims of what the world has become as well. If you were to do something you would be hero. You already don't care to fit in with society, why not take things a step further. You say you're strong enough, give up this life
>>
>>34942882
I agree. The people in the best universities in my country aren't some sort of super geniuses too intelligent for /r9k/. They're just normal people who cut a big chunk off their free time to study.

I don't know if this applies to american universities. Isn't it pure nepotism to get into prestigious schools like Harvard? With the recommendation letter and tuition? Here it's merit based, you take an entry test.
>>
>>34942939
There is no escape from society, to even have property you need to bleed money in taxes/rent.

You can only tear it down and try and game the rubble to your advantage.
>>
>>34939404

I'd probably interview him based on this.

Someone with the balls to send this out probably isn't afraid to tackle anything.
>>
>>34942833
>>34942866
Magna cum laudae

Yeah it is wrong. It should be 'laude' because 'cum' preceeds an ablative.
>>
>>34942866
no, the nominative is Laus which means Laudae wouldn't appear in any of the cases.

Its probably just a typo but it looks like a genuine mistake.

Its Magna cum Laude. Plural would be Magnis cum Laudibus but I've never seen that in my life
>>
>>34942977
>There is no escape from society
>to even have property you need to bleed money in taxes/rent

Then don't buy property, buy a van.
>>
>>34942964
My mother worked as upper management in Harvard (I am currently living afew blocks away from Harvard square).

It is heavily, but not 100% based on nepotism.

A 50/50% mix of dumbass rich kids/rich chinks and smart middle-class and poor students.
>>
>>34943061
My one and true friend tried to live like that. He died last year of an over-dose because he couldn't stand the world.

I know better.

Besides, retreating doesn't feel good for me.
>>
>>34942977
You only need money as long as you are attached to this life. Give up this life and break what you can before you return to nothingness
>>
Praising someone with a high IQ for being successful is like praising someone for beating a video game at the easiest difficulty.
>>
>>34938903
people like that profit from a snowballing system

if you get into an ivy league school and people recognize your talent they will poke you into the right directions you until your CV looks like that.

But that's not a predicament to being successful. There are plenty of highly successful people with pretty unpresentable CVs.
>>
>>34942994

What makes you think it's balls? Could just as likely be profound ignorance about social norms. Every one of those internships could have been earned non-competitively through university placement. I know mine were.
>>
>>34943061
You still need money for daily expenses. Not to mention paying traffic tickets and shit. Can't pay? Lose your license. Have fun the next time you get pulled over, they'll tow your car and you'll never see it again.
>>
>>34943143
Praising or doing anything nice to someone smarter/more successful than you is a mental illness and a form of cuckoldry. They should be the targets of everyone's viscous abuse.
>>
>>34943133
No, I'm not going to kill myself asshole.

I'm stupid, but not that stupid.
>>
>>34943177
Yes you need money but the point is you don't have to be working a 40 hour work week when you live in your vehicle. I worked 10 hours a week when I did and was much happier.
>>
>>34943264
You're missing the point entirely

read Mishima and possibly Linkola
>>
>>34943341
That type of shit is the coward's way out.
>>
>>34940170
Since when are ultra-chads like that the protagonist of movies? You're still the protagonist and he is the side character who helps you through the hard parts
>>
>>34940056
they are empty inside, they have no reason to live and pretend to themselves that their good actions will give them something to genuinely feel happy about while they careen towards breakneck speed at the infinite abyss of death while hoping for some salvation to come to them

they need the validation of others to live and would go insane without it to affirm that they have some meaning

their existence is cursed and I laugh at anyone who feels envy for them
>>
>>34943469
Ultra Chads are the protagonists of cheesy action films
>>
>>34938903
They're just zombies man. It's just as empty as doing nothing. They key is to just do things that are meaningful for you while not going full hedonism.

t. Zombie turned robot
>>
>>34943545
This. The amount of people I've seen in academia that are dead inside is frighteningly high.
>>
>>34938903
>all those things on her CV

And yet she's some no-name researcher who doesn't even have her own Wikipedia page

Look at the top scientists globally, they have much less immaculate CVs usually as they got successful through actual original research rather than studying hard. Of course they'll still blow any robot out of the water

Either way, if you've done a good amount of stuff and write only the good on a CV it'll always look impressive, even if you aren't world class
>>
>>34939988
>>34940624
Actually, reminds me of the movie Gattaca.
>>
>iq is 110-120 depending on the section
>processing speed is 88

life sucks, i can never be "conventionally smart" or have achievement in a way that would make most people's parents proud
>>
File: 1.png (642KB, 696x417px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
642KB, 696x417px
More alpha than being a Harvard graduate is dropping out of Harvard and becoming the richest person in the world. As awesome as these people seem, just know they aren't the coolest around
>>
>>34943392
are you still talking about suicide or are you talking about those two?
>>
>>34938903
Personally I've never been impressed by education related achievements/stuff. Now that I think about it it's usually stupid people being impressed by it. I remember the best students in my school were usually not very bright and most likely had low EQ. That's just my experience though, it's probably different in America, education is different here. Good for them for being educated I guess, don't really have anything against them. I just don't think it reflects intelligence.
>>
>>34938903
>1999-2015

If this nigga is so smart why is he still in college
>>
>>34940056
god i fucking hate little miss perfects like that. I mean, it depends on his personality really, as long as he doesn't act like a fucking faggot. There is one guy in my Masters degree class who is such a massive fucking faggot it is unbelievable. It's like he self-labels himself as "the most popular guy in the whole group", always telling people that he is going out to do something awesome over the weekend and inviting every single person.
>>
File: 1404007802861.jpg (125KB, 518x600px) Image search: [Google]
1404007802861.jpg
125KB, 518x600px
>Tfw never defend the holy land against Saracens
>Tfw will never ride in the Golden Horde and conquer all in your path
>Tfw never be the first Westerns to step on distant shores
>Tfw you will never expand Rome's imperium
>>
>>34943788

Yeah, what an asshole. I knew this one guy and he actually volunteered at the children's hospital as if he cared about children dying from cancer or something.
>>
>>34943844
>cared about children dying from cancer or something

>he thinks people actually volunteer because they care and not for virtue signalling
>>
>>34943977
you don't know "everybody" though

maybe some volunteers had a relative die to cancer
>>
>>34943977

Let's be honest with ourselves.

We don't give a shit about anyone except women we lust after or cute animals.
>>
>>34942866
Isn't your penis smallal?
>>
It's all genetics. There is no way to become smarter, only more knowledgeable.

I don't have particularly good genes and wouldn't be able to perform any "profession" well, so I don't bother pursuing higher education because it would just be a waste. People are not born equal and the universe doesn't give two shits if you're born a human potato.
>>
>>34944095

I don't give a shit about women either, I just want to fuck them or maybe own one like a pet.
>>
>>34944119
No, it's mentula. Smallal isn't even latin.
>>
>>34944184

>"I don't give a shit about women either"

I'm sure the feeling is mutual
>>
>>34944347

You don't even know the half of it. Women are far more antisocial than men. Men will at least make some effort to help a fellow man if it doesn't cost him anything. Women will hurt another woman even if it does cost her something and avoid helping a woman even if she stands to gain from it.
>>
>>34944179
I literally live in the middle of eastern europe and i have 130 iq + degree in nuclear engineering. Genetics means shit.
>>
File: IMG_3248.png (295KB, 829x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3248.png
295KB, 829x663px
>>34938903
>tfw smart but lazy

Wat do?

I've skipped grades and attend one of the best Universities in the world doing STEM but my grades are mediocre as I am putting almost no effort into it

At least I'm not a brainlet
>>
>>34940031
Average intelligence people can totally understand math. It just might take them more work.
>>
>>34944547
>130 iq + degree in nuclear engineering.
Desu tell me more, why are you on r9k?

How old are you?
>>
>>34944587
>why are you on r9k?
Because i'm ugly sperg
>How old are you?
>>
>>34944547

Isn't that what you guys are known for though? Physics and Nuclear shit? That's like an asian saying genetics don't matter because he's good at copying things or a black guy saying genetics don't matter because he can run good and do ball gooder.
>>
>>34944602
>24
Have you found a job yet with that degree?
>>
>>34944631
>Isn't that what you guys are known for though?
Not really. We good at stealing things and killing ourselves.
>>34944649
>Have you found a job yet with that degree?
Not really. I'll probably switch to programming because there is better chance at finding a job.
>>
>>34944572
Did you want to do any of that stuff? Or did you just do it because you can?
>>
>>34940366
>I was born to make excuses for why I don't bother trying
>>
>>34938903
there is no doubt that this is a good resume, but it's far from god-tier

good for him for being smart in math and not doing, like, a PhD in English Literature or something. But math still isn't a super employable degree, like biomedical engineering or something.

also, like people have said before, there is zero private sector work and zero public sector work. he's been a student, essentially, since kindergarten. this is not terrible impressive and it has clearly already pigeon-holed into relatively poor-paying academic jobs.

a god-tier CV would have something like multiple engineering degrees with an MBA and also, like, being an Army Major or Navy Commander with experience in a combat theater

also, as a post-script, being at harvard and getting an "award" from harvard is really pretty fucking meaningless, it's like getting "Bobcat of the Month" in middle school
>>
>>34940441
Math PhD here, this is an excellent post. I am also tired of people acting like math is some magical rune language that only geniuses can understand.
>>
>>34944719
I thought I was going to go into research but seeing what the state of science is these days turned me away from that

Also there is very little original thought involved in an undergrad degree, just rote memorisation and easy problems based on that

>inb4 you don't know what research is

I've done about a dozen or so internships so far at several big research facilities, so I know it's not for me

Anyways it's not that I don't want the results, it's more that I never had to put any effort into anything academic at school and never studied either. At Uni it got harder but I can still get away with it whilst other get kicked out for even being half as lazy

I don't have a problem working hard in something non-academic, even in menial holiday jobs I put in more effort than at Uni
>>
>>34944884
Math is very employable if you're the best of the best which she is.
>>
>>34944910
Math is also very dull. People act that way because they don't want to bother to learn it.
>>
>>34944910
maybe they shouldn't ask people to memorize everything by heart in school
>>
>>34940903
Honestly, while you are pretty much right about all of this, I am still sad that I gave up academia and moved to software development. The money is great, work isn't even that bad, but fuck do I miss teaching. Programming is interesting and can be fulfilling but it is nowhere as fulfilling as connecting to students, as showing them for the first time how to appreciate and understand mathematics when they spent their lives thinking it was something they hated and could never understand.
>>
>>34941571
"I desperately need to come up with reasons why this woman is not better than me because my ego is so fragile" - the post
>>
>>34942342
>our board
hahahaha
no
>>
>>34938903
Meanwhile I'm a week late turning in a stupid 5 paragraph English 102 essay because I can't fucking think of anything, I'm at the point where every time I open the document I have a panic attack. I have not even one paragraph fully written.

I'm probably just gonna drop out and commit suicide. Thought school would help me out but it looks like unloading trucks is all I'll ever do with my life and that is deeply depressing.
>>
>>34939990
Fuck man, I know exactly what you mean. It's what makes studying so hard for me. It wasn't always like this though, it started to develop mid high school and now I'm a junior in university. My grades are dog shit. I can't pay attention in lectures, my brain just can't do it. No one I talk to seems to have this problem as badly as I do. Anything sort of logical task that requires sustained mental effort makes my brain just nope out. It's fucking frustrating man.

>>34940051
I figure it might be. But I've always convinced myself it was something else: lack of sleep, bad diet, not getting enough exercise. I've already fucked up university though, the damage is done.

I've always been a pretty decent person, never did drugs or drank alcohol. Why do I have to deal with this shit, can't I catch a single break? I already have so much other shit wrong with me.
>>
>>34943208
>everything is cuckoldry
take your retarded fetish back to /pol/ please
>>
>>34944921

She's a fucking ecology teacher, that's not much of a job really. If you're going to be a boring math nerd at least do something interesting and kind of cool with it like actuary or finance. At least they are practical.

Evolutionary dynamics in structural population, mutualism of multispecies interaction networks, I can't even read these titles without giggling like a school girl. She just loafed about in africa getting drunk and staring at bugs.
>>
>>34944179
Guess what it takes to perform a profession well? Knowledge.
>>
>>34945466
So? That's what she wants to do, if she wanted to go into finance or be a boring actuary I'm sure she could.
You don't get 1st place in math contest without being great at math.
>>
how do they balance everything and not have an off day

are they on autopilot 24hrs
>>
>>34944980
Math is very poorly taught, especially in the United States. This misleads people into thinking that it's about memorizing and applying formulas. Math is anything but dull. But of course, as a math PhD it's obvious that I don't think it's dull. You are entitled to your opinion. Not everyone has to like everything. I just suspect that you have not been taught math in a competent and exciting way if you just pass it off as 'very dull'.
>>
>>34945104
You're right, they shouldn't. There are many problems with math education. https://www.maa.org/external_archive/devlin/LockhartsLament.pdf
>>
>>34945340

Give me $20 and the rubric and I'll write it for you tomorrow. Or just ask the first quiet autist you see self-stimulating the whole lecture and not paying attention if he'll sell you a couple adderall. Rocking, pen twirling, constantly flexing and extending his calf, nodding his head, all hallmark signs of an autist on low dose amphetamine. More subtle tells include slightly dilated pupils, vacant unfocused gaze, and flat affect.

5mg should be enough to finish it with an A and still have time to clean your room and write down some notes on whatever personal projects you have going, assuming you're amphetamine naive.
>>
>>34945664
and math and the way it's taught are the reason i'm a NEET now

thanks mathematics!
>>
>>34945466
>actuary or finance
>interesting or cool at all
holy shit
using mathematics to swindle people out of money is the most fucking brainless and boring thing imaginable
using it to teach and expand human knowledge is exciting and interesting
>>
>>34945698
No, you're the reason you're a NEET, you pathetic sack of shit.
>>
a lot of it is having good habits
>>
>>34945807
>and not ever dealing with hardship

luck has a lot to do with it

be lucky enough to be born in a good household with good circumstances or miniscule ones you can overcome
>>
>>34945857

honestly, unless youre homeless or working 10 plus hours a day, you can definitely fit in time to study. hell, a lot of university students work jobs and go to school
>>
>tfw no rhode scholar gf
>>
File: bewloixpk3cvhy9z6cjhqi4sqyq4ecb.png (91KB, 200x215px) Image search: [Google]
bewloixpk3cvhy9z6cjhqi4sqyq4ecb.png
91KB, 200x215px
>>34945724

Actuary and finance is teaching and expanding human knowledge though. Using math for swindling would be by doing shit like fucking around in africa watching bugs and leaves do nothing.

Here's some excerpts from her project that got $550k(actually $379k according to national science foundation award #:1355122)
>Causes and consequences of regular spatial patterning in foundation species: theoretical development and experimental tests in an African savanna
>New satellite imagery has revealed that many natural ecological systems form surprisingly uniform patterns.
>mathematical modeling to investigate the causes and consequences of the regular pattern of large mounds formed over wide areas by soil-dwelling termites
>A post-doctoral researcher and a number of undergraduate students, including students from underrepresented groups, will participate first-hand in the field research

She is pretty qt though, woodberry/10
>>
I'm so glad I'm an idiot. All these maths and science bitches working hard and making my life better while I sit here, claiming benefits and living like an ignorant monkey. Maybe I'll have a wank when I wake up, maybe a poo. Jokes on you
>>
>>34945991
oh yeah totally "working" 10 hours a week at the local shitshow

what a busy schedule they must have
>>
>>34938903

Holy fuck. I can't even begin to compare....

>Completed some college

Yep, totally gonna impress people with that.
>>
File: 1485581752309.jpg (367KB, 1260x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1485581752309.jpg
367KB, 1260x1260px
>>34944547
What part of the ukraine are you from?
>>
>>34947010
>academia is a waste of time, everyone capable should go work in business if they want to make a difference in society
>>
File: corina5.jpg (37KB, 498x604px) Image search: [Google]
corina5.jpg
37KB, 498x604px
>>34947010

The more I look into this girl the more I like her, which is upsetting because I'm trying to be angry. I really want her to be my gf. I could study the social behavior of bacteria , ants, or whatever else it is she likes with her.
>>
File: corina2.jpg (67KB, 403x604px) Image search: [Google]
corina2.jpg
67KB, 403x604px
>>34947401

Here she is playing with flowers.
>>
Harvard is one of the easiest places to pass. They are lax on grading because they want to make themselves look good
>>
File: corina8.jpg (51KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
corina8.jpg
51KB, 960x639px
>>34947422

Here she is a savanna goddess, an impractical outfit for safariing but she pulls it off well.
>>
>>34947010
that 550k was split over 3 years by 3 people aka 60k a year before taxes, probably 45k after...not a fucking lot in boston
>>
>>34947460
she is basically a character in a Michael Crichton novel
>>
File: 1475032894441.png (313KB, 602x598px) Image search: [Google]
1475032894441.png
313KB, 602x598px
>>34938903
Different people have different goals if you keep comparing yourself to other people you're always gonna feel like shit cos there's always someone better than you. Honestly I wouldn't wanna waste my youth slaving over study and all the effort associated with academia at that level it just sounds like such a boring life, I mean I'm just fucking around on the internet and doing drugs but fuck me I have a good time and I don't feel like I've wasted my life because I enjoy myself and that's fulfilling I can think back and remember all the fun memories I have of my youth, I don't wanna work myself to the bone only to see that now I'm middleaged and I don't have the time or the strength to enjoy my wealth.

tl;dr just try and enjoy your life even if it's spent doing pointless stuff doesn't matter as long as you feel good.
>>
File: 1483767486311.jpg (19KB, 234x274px) Image search: [Google]
1483767486311.jpg
19KB, 234x274px
>>34947010
>Actuary
> expanding human knowledge
>>
>>34947401
She constructed an online persona to make herself look as good as possible and you're falling for it.

She measures things and writes about it for a living. Everyone hates talking about their work at the end of the day. What makes her any better than your average conservative biochemistry college student?
>>
>>34947687
>What makes her any better than your average conservative biochemistry college student?
She's a professor at Princeton?
>>
>>34947705
pro-tip, living in/around princeton new jersey sucks a dong if you're an actual adult
>>
>>34947705
For dating I mean. My reasoning is that nobody wants to hear you brag about your girlfriend's accomplishments.
>>
>>34938903
I'm smart and I literally have done nothing
>>
File: My love.png (308KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
My love.png
308KB, 1366x768px
>>34947492

It's just not fair. How can someone be so beautiful and smart and perfect?

>>34947687

Her tits, her hair, her smile, her smell, looking into each others eyes, she's probably rich and could take care of while I be her househusband, the list goes on forever. I bet I could make her more interested in human spermatogenesis if we ever meet. We could even have kids.
>>
>>34938903
Studying was my life. I legitimately enjoyed it.

t. Yale alum
>>
>>34947919
>yale

Eww
>>
File: corina9.jpg (175KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
corina9.jpg
175KB, 960x640px
She even has a cute little romanian accent. It's really cute when she has to pause for a bit to get her words out.

https://youtu.be/nJGpABrEatc
>>
>>34939365
>Princeton professors with PhDs in math and $1,000,000 in grant money must be dumb apes because I personally wasn't impressed with them
Speaking of lack of self-awareness...
>>
>>34947843
You don't know what her tits look like. You don't even know what she smells like. You need to find a porn star that looks like her and fap, clear your head.

Then go look up photos of Jane Goodall and ask yourself if you'd like to be a househusband to that. Because that's Tarnita without her looks.
>>
>>34939403
Awards are easy.
Millions in grant money is not easy.
>>
>>34940370
Sadly this is a big part of it
>>
File: download (6).jpg (70KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
70KB, 611x404px
>>34948228

Are you crazy? Jane Goodall is qt as fuck too, even as a granny. You only make me want Corina more.

I'm sure after walking around the savanna all day she smells lovely. She looks like the kind of girl who's body odor isn't bad an'actually kind of nice. Besides that termites are way cooler. Did you know they form their mounds in hexagonal patterns and at roughly the same distance apart? That's incredible. Chimps are cute I guess but that's only fun for a day trip to the zoo. Corina is cute forever.
>>
This woman had good parents who actually were worth their weight in shit and taught her how to become successful. VS most kids today "you got a B+ timmy, you're gonna be the most smartest kid at college!"
>>
>>34948383
Someday you're going to remember that you chose your oneitis over termite mound patterns and seriously thought Jane Goodall was "qt as fuck as a granny."

I suppose unconditional love is something worth experiencing though.
>>
>>34948636

I remember it now. I don't fully understand your point here. I'm interested in termite mounds but not nearly as much as I love Corina. Aren't you supposed to pick your oneitis? There's no fun in settling for second best. I don't love Jane but I still can see that she is attractive. I'm a red blooded American man after all. Thin, blonde, perky tits, what's not to like?
>>
>>34939044
>How do they do it? Seriously, I want to know their secrets
be born smart. be born with work ethic. literally just that. theres no secret trick
>>
She probably has at least a moderate natural intelligence. I think this is mostly a result of upbringing. The people I've known in life who seemed to have a high natural intelligence were all born in circumstances where they were stimulated from a young age and had parents who cared about intelligence. This cuts out the egotism of intelligence because frankly it's mostly a result of the luck of birth - if you're raised by a single mother who lets the TV babysit you all day and you're surrounded by people who are hostile to thought - you're fucked. If you're raised in a stable environment and your parents recite spelling lists to you, you'll do reasonably well.

Secondly, this girl is cutie. All the institutions of education she's listed were are funded by millions, hundreds of millions, or I think in some cases even billions of dollars. A cutie girl in this environment is literally surrounded by 'beta'-type men who LOVE to be mentors, and they love most of all to be mentors to cutie women. If you've ever been around academia you've seen this repeatedly - old men with young, cutie, female assistants. It doesn't happen the other way around. So this girl goes from opportunity to opportunity, gaining things to put on her CV.

None of the above is meant to detract from her accomplishments, but it's just about context. Different people get different opportunities. I benefited in school from my older brother being one of the 'smart' kids, I got invited to participate in a school IQ challenge thing just because of this - even though I was fucking clueless.

So don't let it get to you. There have been women benefitting from this sort of privilege since the start of time. There were rich cuties back in Ancient Greece, but we have no evidence they produced anything of value, and understanding context you can also learn to appreciate that the Greek philosophers and playwrights we do know were ALSO the products of material conditions and chance.
>>
>>34948858
>there's no fun in settling for second best
on the contrary, it's fucking fantastic
>getting into yale
>winning silver at the olympics
>becoming vice president
>being ceo of yahoo
all of the perks and none of the stress

Anyway, it's impossible to love a person you barely know.
>>
Scientists have found a pretty strong link between having friends and academic success.

If you're lonely, you're going to fall into addiction, self-destructive behavior, depression, etc.
>>
File: corinaisie.o.wilson.jpg (49KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
corinaisie.o.wilson.jpg
49KB, 604x453px
>>34948986

I have no doubt she had help from men around her, but she still put in a lot of work. It'd be a piece of cake to bend over and let him go a few rounds before divorcing for sweet alimony. She's too classy for that though. Instead she followed her passion. She's now exposing the universality of math as it relates to social behavior of insects and the ecological relationship of plant and soil microbiology shared among them. Fascinating stuff how fractals and spatial relationships abound throughout nature. I bet she's a virgin too.
>>
>>34945142
She is way smarter than me for sure, but you don't get prizes and a Magna cum laude by being smart, you get it by flattering your teachers so they give you good grades
>>
>>34949104

>I have no doubt she had help from men around her, but she still put in a lot of work.

As I said, Im' not trying to detract from the fact that she must have put in time and effort. I'm just pointing out that I don't think there's anything special about this type of person, especially when female. It's not just "having help", either - these women become assistants to these males and get signed up in ways that allow them to put their names to the work of these older men, in other words - they get an immediate advance to being on the level of people who've been in the field a long time...simply because of vajayjay. I'm not even saying she has to sleep with or date any of these men... men like being around nice looking women, just to be around them. It's the same dynamic that you see literally anywhere in society - in school, at work, in government...women have significantly higher social access. There have been studies showing that both men and women's eyes linger and focus more on females in a photo than males... and that both men and women generally have more female friends than male.

I'm not limiting my comments to the issue of gender, either. The ability to list a bunch of institutions and qualifications on a single resume is something that's come about only more recently, because of the way academia has exploded in size, because of all the money pumped in, because people founded these institutions in the first place, and because society is so wealthy today that they can afford to have constant research projects, etc. I'm just saying "she" as a person is not that impressive - which I think is the point the OP was attempting to provoke, right?

> bet she's a virgin too.

Delusional.
>>
>>34939564
Buckle up, buttercup.
>>
>>34949148
Yeah, tell me more about something you know nothing of.
>>
>>34949010
There's first place and then there's first loser, second loser, third loser... I have my eyes on the prize. Greatness alone makes it worth it. How can you truly enjoy the perks if you aren't at the top?

And I wouldn't say I barely know her. I only learned about her a few hours ago but I already feel like we're so close. My Corinas folder is growing and I'm finding better pictures of her, her research, and all kinds of fun stuff. We're really a lot alike. Our birthdays are only a week apart, isn't that amazing? And we're both right handed.
>>
>>34949314
You're sad and delusional and you are never going to even speak to this woman.
>>
>>34943174
I've seen it before on reddit apprently the "IBM Extreme Blue Internship" is extremely impressive to a lot of employers in that field.
>>
>>34949255
If you say so, who am I to even question the wisdom of an anonymous shitposter?
>>
File: mip 008.jpg (77KB, 762x1016px) Image search: [Google]
mip 008.jpg
77KB, 762x1016px
>>34949378

Her office phone number was one of the first things I found out about her, it's listed on multiple websites for fuck's sake. Don't underestimate our love for each other.
>>
>>34949314
>And we're both right handed.

I also feel close to this woman, she too has two eyes and a nose like me
>>
>>34949517
I'm not a shitposter. I'm a math PhD. You're a shitposter who thinks good grades are achieved by sucking up.
>>
>>34949541
Yes, I'm looking forward to hearing your exploits cold-calling this woman and trying to seduce her through your stuttering.
>>
File: heavy.jpg (120KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
heavy.jpg
120KB, 850x850px
>>34939044
they are smart, but also stupid and narrow minded.
you can't do all that hard work if you believe it means nothing and are not genuinely interested in the subject.
>>
File: Page-8-Image-11.jpg (32KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
Page-8-Image-11.jpg
32KB, 260x400px
>>34949558

I already claimed her, get your own science gf.

>>34949595

Why would I stutter? We're meant for each other. I could take on anything with her by my side.
>>
>>34949774
You talk big but I know you're fucking never going to meet her in person or even talk to her on the phone for more than two minutes. You're a sad little man.
>>
>>34939889
>>smart and can be the biggest douche in the world and everyone will be sucking your dick 20/7
Either you're too dumb to know there's 24 hours in a day and not 20 or you're really smart and managed to calculate the exact amount of times people would suck your dick
>>
>>34938903
That's an impressive CV, and she's obviously brilliant. Affirmative action would normally call a lot of awards into question on a female's resume, but some of those are granted irrespective of subjective bias, so it doesn't in this case.

Nevertheless, CV is only really good for showing off to employers and insecure, sycophantic autists on the Internet. The TRULY impressive realm of achievement is original research.

One citation in a reputable journal is more impressive to me than all those awards combined.

Again, I'm not knocking this chick. She's clearly very bright. However, those accolades won't do her much good if she can't put them to work. There are plenty of prodigies who never amount to anything.
>>
>>34947289
Why are Albanians so dumb and Finns so smart? Is it money?
>>
>>34950800
>She's clearly very bright.

no, that's not clear. what's clear is that she has a piece of paper saying she's very bright, from an institution that accepted very bright students 50 years ago but now is more interested in distributing these pieces of paper to women and people of color to make up for their evil history as a bastion of white male supremacy.
>>
File: 1484641033969.jpg (52KB, 598x944px) Image search: [Google]
1484641033969.jpg
52KB, 598x944px
>>34939404
>Languages: C, Python
>Editor: Vim
Jesus christ
>>
>>34941446

I'm not that guy >>34940897
but you have to be baiting. If he started working that hard and that early and STILL failed he is simply stupid. If he actually kept up that discipline and still failed there is not much to say. He tried his best and still failed. You can't really come back from that. It kills your soul. I haven't been in that exact situation but I've dropped out once. I think actual torture like waterboarding and pins hammered under your finger nails is the only thing that could feel worse.
>>
File: 1454004070649.jpg (25KB, 541x569px) Image search: [Google]
1454004070649.jpg
25KB, 541x569px
>>34951069
Oh shit wait a second
>Special thanks to zutheskunk
Not only do I know zutheskunk draws pony porn, he also draws foalcon.

This would be the equivalent of me giving a special thanks to j7w or fuf while writing a resume.
>>
>>34951031
She is three time romanian math olympiad champion you bitter loser.
>>
File: romney4-final[1].jpg (23KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
romney4-final[1].jpg
23KB, 630x419px
>>34938903
>tfw BA from Washington State and MA from Texas A&M
>tfw I got rejected by both Harvard and Princeton's PhD programs
>tfw the best I can do is Ohio State I couldn't even get into the University of Michigan
>mfw my mom is talking about how proud she is of me but all I feel is shame.
>>
>>34949774
>no ass
>chestlet
dropped
>>
>>34950800

Check out her Google scholar page. I love her and she has some pretty good stuff out there. Her article on eusocial behavior has the most citations. It is funny seeing her cite herself in her articles. That must feel strange to write about yourself in the third person. I guess it's technically still plagiarism if she doesn't cite it though.
>>
Don't worry about other people just be you, and remember whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.