[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to plan a trip to L.A. How much money would I need saved

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: 1486294978318.jpg (40KB, 634x466px) Image search: [Google]
1486294978318.jpg
40KB, 634x466px
I want to plan a trip to L.A. How much money would I need saved up to enjoy a week in L.A? Any other tips I should know? I live in Jew York and I'm scared shirtless of airplanes and heights.
>>
>live in shitty east coast metropolis
>wants to visit shitty west coast metropolis

Literally the only difference is being able to see the sun set vs it rising in the east
>>
>>34935522
I want to get out more. Besides, I've always wanted to go to L.A. I just like thier city aesthetics.
>>
>>34935554

LA is expensive, not as bad as New York but still unless you wanna stay in the ghetto you're probably looking at >100 bucks a night for a dirty motel. Airbnb has better options but I've never used it before

Uhhhh New York has mor of a nightlife so don't expect too many people to be hanging out past midnight
What do you want to do in LA? What part of LA would you visit?
>>
>>34935382
LA IS A SHIT HOLLLEEEE OP
it will make you feel like shit
everything there looks like shit
the people are the shittiest people you'll ever come across and all need to be deported
and the air is so shit that the sky is nearly always covered in smog and your lungs suffer.

The idea that you want to lose any money on such a terrible experience drives me insane
t. Bay Area anon living in San Diego
>>
>>34935618
I don't know what parts to visit. I came here to ask for recommendations from L.A anons who can tell me what its like over there and what there is to do.

>>34935632
Is San Diego shit?
>>
>>34935696
It's great for the first two years then it really starts to rot your soul
suburbia can do that to you, there's a little culture but no one talks to one another, when you go just 300 feet inland you see how ugly the foothills are, just empty strip malls and business complexes.

I think I'm going to move back to Santa Cruz soon when I have enough money
>>
>>34935761
So what cities or places should I visit in Cali?
>>
>>34935696
Visit downtown, South Bay, and palos verdes

Everything else isn't worth the trip
>>
>>34935803
Alright. But what are those places like? Is it touristy ?
>>
>>34935821

Yes, besides palos verdes those are touristy

DOWNTOWN
>museums, shopping, Hollywood walk of fame
SOUTH BAY
>beach, booty everywhere, small plate restaurants
PALOS VERDES
>beach, hiking, crazy geology
>>
>>34935857
South Bay and Palos Verdes sounds nice. I don't really care for that Hollywood shopping stuff. But I appreciate the places you recommended.
>>
>>34935382
Shitty motel in a decent area is maybe $80/night. Some have weekly rates for like $250-300. If you wanna eat good plan on $60/day for food. Idk what all you plan on doing for fun but assume it will be 60-80% of the cost in NYC.
>>
>>34935618
I stayed in Venice last month for a week. Airbnb is highly recommended. You get a full apartment and it's not even expensive.
>>
>>34935696
You probably should have made this thread later in the day, anon. It's not even 9am in California yet.
>>
>>34935963

Ya but museums.
Just went to the LACMA last week, they have some crazy ass shit there
Also, universal studios is cool. Haven't been there in 10+ years but I'm sure it's improved since.

I'd recommend staying on the coast, inland is for poor people
>>
>>34935988
Thanks. I'm probably going for the bnb and just doing tourist things.

>>34936016
Yeah. I fucked up. I forgot about timezones and shit.

>>34936056
Tell me about the museum m8.
>>
>>34935696
San Diego is beautiful. You're probably going to be a bit disappointed when you actually see L.A. desu.
>>
>>34936168

They have art and artifacts on display. It's a museum. You live in New York do I really need to explain what a museum is?

Also, stay in Southern California
>>
>>34936184
How's the scenery? I like nature and stuff.

>>34936196
I live on Long Island. I meant to ask more about the museum you mentioned.
>>
>>34936238
L.A. has plenty of scenic hiking spots I'll say that. You can do touristy stuff like Runyon and the Hollywood sign hike. What used to be Spahn Ranch where the Manson family stayed is also right in the Los Angeles area. It's part of a larger park now and it's very pretty.
>>
>>34935382
>>34935792
Northern California is a lot nicer than Southern. But if you join st want to see important cities, I would go to San Diago, LA, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco. Santa Cruz and SAN Fran are way nicer than the other two.
>>
>>34936319
I really appreciate your recommendations. Thank you m8.

>>34936345
I heard San Fran is nice but filled with Junkies, Gays, and Bums.
>>
>>34936382

All of California is full of junkies gays and bums lolol
>>
>>34936396
Lol. Good point. But I heard San Fran was like a Haven for them.
>>
>>34935382
Listen to me I've lived in California my whole life even the nice area's of LA are shit it's not worth it
>>
>>34936412

Nope they're everywhere
>>
>>34936417
This this this
>>34936382
Santa Cruz is all gays and bums too

Sacramento is the worlds most boring capital sersiouly all they have is the river nothing else

Best town in California is easilly ZZYZX but it's hard to get there
>>
>>34936417
But I still want to visit tho.

>>34936448
Oh well. That's life I guess.
>>
Just get a car and drive from New York to Los Angeles. Don't just ignore the flyover states.
>>
>>34936494
I don't drive. I have a bad history with cars.
>>
>>34936540
Then take the train. Besides, what bad history are you talking about? I'm curious.
>>
>>34936578
>older brother died in a car accident
>best friend died in a car accident
>got hit by hit and run driver and had to walk 2 miles to get assistance (I was 16 and in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone)
>got drunk and borrowed my dads car and crashed it (no one got hurt but I did 3 months in jail for it)
>>
>>34936540
if you don't drive then don't come to LA unless you have a friend, or you stick to the really big tourist spots found in any guidebook. Public transport sucks ballsacks. go to San Francisco, no expectation of having a car to get around.
>>
>>34936739
Well I guess I'm fucked. I'm 24 and I don't drive.
>>
>>34936838
Yeah... that's the thing about L.A. It's so spread out that everything is 20-30 minutes from everything else. You could uber everywhere but that would be super expensive.
>>
>>34935792
I live about a half hour away from LA. I cannot say there are any decent robot activities within the city besides maybe the museum and zoo. If you do visit Commiefornia there is a decent amount of nature you could check out I guess. Big Sur is pretty neat, we have the sequoias, good amount of desert, might be able to see some snow in the mountains if you come soon. I don't really get out much so that's all I can think of.
>>
>>34936838
I mean, we do have a bus system, and it'll get you around, but it's woefully inadequate compared to other cities. You can use uber and lyft and taxis and shit, but it'll get expensive fast. Whether it's worth it coming here is mostly a matter of what interests you. You like to see where movies were shot? Great place. Theme parks? Yeah, we got universal studios and disneyland. Otherwise, it's mediocre. There's a bunch of cool stuff, but if you're already traveling, there are better places to go. Griffith Observatory is cool, but there are better observatories where there's not as much light pollution. LA zoo, but there are better zoos. Huntington Library and the Getty museum are good if you're a history buff, and they've got gardens. There's hiking trails, but why not hike the Grand Canyon or the Appalachian?
>>
>>34935382
I have never been on a plane and am terrorized by the thought of having a panic attack on a plane or something. plz help
>>
>>34937107
Appalachian Trail is nice in some parts but the PCT has more scenic views overall.
>>
>>34937130
that's true, huh? I guess living here has somewhat skewed my view.
>>
What days are you going op. If you're going alone i can drive you around for a day since this month is slow for me.
>>
>>34937130
Yeah, PCT has a shitload of variety. The AT for the most part is samey looking forests and rocky terrain.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.