[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My psychologist told me the other day >"anon, you have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1486005546840.jpg (31KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
1486005546840.jpg
31KB, 600x765px
My psychologist told me the other day
>"anon, you have alcohol problems and you seem really anxious, I think you would benefit from spending few weeks in a psych ward"

I turned it down because I go to work and can't afford to go away for weeks, but it really activated my almonds.that I could find a mentally fucked up young qt3.14 from there and get a gf.

Any anons can pitch me in on if that's a good idea??

If this is viable, I would resign as soon as I can and head off to the looney bin.
>>
bumpity bump, facing a real life decision here folks
>>
the good news is that you have the freedom to leave if you admit yourself voluntarily

as long as you don't start making threats or anything

bad news is that it's a terrible environment that will only harm your mental health

it's boring, nothing to do, food sucks, staff is all condescending, no internet

imagine spending 2 weeks in a doctor's office waiting room

good news is that you may meet some relatable fuckups in there

probably not any girls your age, mostly older people with severe mental illness
>>
>>34934863
>no internet
this one hits me the most

>mostly older people with severe mental illness
don't they have like separate wards for 20-somethings?
>>
I know that robots are a sad species, but wanting to go in therapie only to get a GF, really.....
>>
Terrible idea on many levels.

Don't go to the fucking psych ward. They do nothing.

And don't think about finding some girl from one either.
>>
>>34934892
some places have youth wards for young adults. teenagers basically. they treat you like small children.

personally i avoid the hell out of these places. they're a trap and not the kind with a feminine penis. they'll lock you up and force feed you drugs. go ahead if you're fine with potentially having your personality mutilated in the name of 'health.'
>>
>>34934958
b-but it worked out in that "It's kind of a funny story" movie

>>34935004
>>34934975
thanks for the warning, I actually thought these places are just /r9k/ in real life and comfy, didn't know they are full "shutter island"-tier
>>
>>34934863
>no internet
Dropped.
>>
I've been to 2 different psych wards as a teenager. These may be a bit different from adult wards.

They were basically low-security prisons for teenagers. Almost all the kids in there, including me, were in there for (violent) outbursts, or admitting that they thought about suicide, not because they're crazy.

An extremely unethical thing is the force-feeding of drugs, luckily I was 16 and had my parent say I didn't need to take them, but if you didn't fall under those two exceptions, you were FORCED to take multiple mind-altering harmful drugs.

The "diagnosis" consisted of some quack going through a short questionnaire for at most 30 minutes, then deciding what drugs to put you on, usually 2+ mind-altering drugs. There was a 0% chance of them saying you didn't need to take drugs.

There were kids forcibly dragged out of the room and injected with drugs because they didn't want to take them.

Psychiatry is an extremely unethical pseudoscience, this isn't far off from whent hey used to force lobotomies and electro-shock therapy. However I don't think they can force adults (at least non-violent ones) to take drugs.

Other than that, it was mostly sitting in a room watching TV or playing N64 with a bunch of unstable teenagers, sometimes they would have stupid group """therapeutic""" activities/games. The food was basically like school/prison cafeteria food.
>>
>>34935366
thanks for sharing desu

>it was mostly sitting in a room watching TV or playing N64 with a bunch of unstable teenagers, sometimes they would have stupid group """therapeutic""" activities/games. The food was basically like school/prison cafeteria food.
still would be more social life than I have now, and this is coming from someone who works a desk job and lives with parents
>>
>>34934788
You dont want a relationship with a psych ward roastie. I dated a girl who I was in rehab with, went poorly.
>>
Psych ward can be comfy, it seems most people have shit experiences but the one I was in was comfy and they even had wireless internet
>>
>>34935164
They are not like shutter island. You sut around watching tv getting pulled out one at a time for appointments and meds, usually do groups once or twice a day. They take the smokers out to smoke every couple hours if its a low-security place. I thought it was p comfy but I could not wait to get back to work by the time I left.
>>
Your psychologist is tryign to squeeze every bit of money out of you retard, they get bonuses for every patient they send there
>>
>>34935883
>wireless internet
you have my attention

>>34935829
>went poorly
how come?

>>34935895
last question, how much socialization even takes place in there? did you chat with the other patients to any degree or made friends with anybody?
>>
>>34936003
>they get bonuses for every patient they send there
how do you know they do?? sauce
>>
File: 1487337796034.jpg (147KB, 1148x746px) Image search: [Google]
1487337796034.jpg
147KB, 1148x746px
I had internet and decent food but I was at the psych ward for rich people
>>
Yeah, you'll be in a facility where most women are old, with poor sense of hygiene and you'll be drooling all day with the medicine they'll force fed you.

That's a capital idea, faggot
>>
>>34934788
>the therapy/psych meme
>ever
>>
>>34936042
>you have my attention
This was in Finland though, here you can also leave the ward for few hours every day so if you don't like the food you can go eat in a restaurant every day, etc.
>>
>>34934788
Go get yourself a mentally unstable cutie gf, OP. What's the worst that can happen?
Probably nothing bad, but go for it anyway. Good luck.
>>
The worst part is that once they label you with certain 'diseases,' your objections will not be taken seriously, your accusations of wrongdoing will be seen as 'delusions,' or 'exaggerations,' especially as a child, you become a second-class citizen, your family members get on edge whenever you show any true emotion, it's horrible, you become less than human.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.