[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in something more than what current science can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Do you believe in something more than what current science can explain? I'm not necessarily talking about religious beliefs.

I've been meddling with martial arts for some years, and recently I've begun experimenting with meditation and chi flow. Call it placebo if you must, but I've found that concentrating when concentrating, I can sense a sort of latent energy in me that I can focus on body parts to get a good 20-30% increase in power.
>>
>>34933517
>concentrating when concentrating
Too much concentrating. Clearly I need to concentrate on proof reading my posts as well.
>>
File: 1474926443879s.jpg (2KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1474926443879s.jpg
2KB, 125x120px
>>34933517
That sounds like total bullshit that can be totally explained by mind over matter similar to a placebo effect due to your belief in it, but I do believe that there's more out there than science can explain, and always have.

Maybe a lot of it's because I want to believe because it's fun to do so, maybe it's because I watched too much X-Files growing up, but I feel like there simply has to be stuff out there we can't explain or don't know about. A higher power, an afterlife, demonic possessions, ghost energies, mind reading, and telekinesis are all things that I have some measure of belief in. On the other hand, my skeptical mind usually dismisses things outright as hoaxes when I hear about them, so who knows? Maybe I don't believe in them as much as I think, after all.
>>
File: Jynx comfy.png (46KB, 548x868px) Image search: [Google]
Jynx comfy.png
46KB, 548x868px
>>34933517
Yes

My belief in souls and God, despite being atheistic in value.

Also, I sort of believe in a more western form of Shinto. Morality is essentially a form of communication; there is no objective good or bad. Even God isn't a good god or bad god; he's a god, as is, as was, as will be.
Morality is a construction of our relationships, just like language; and like language, morality ceases to have a function when people have been taken out of the equation. To be morally progressive, one must understand where morals come from, but also how to harmonize the best possible communication, and that means being racist to a degree, being bigoted, being ethno-centric, but also being loving, and social. To be morally progressive, one must abandon artificial systems and stop repressing humanity. We must realize our place in life, even if we're lowly, that we have a place and title, and we must honour those before us, honour our fathers and mothers, not do good to them, but to bring them honour.
>>
>>34933582
I forgot to mention it, but especially when it comes to premonitions. I think that some of us are "connected" to others in a strange way that can't be explained by what we currently know.
>>
File: 1484748316992.png (260KB, 549x403px) Image search: [Google]
1484748316992.png
260KB, 549x403px
>>34933594
That's because life has destiny, or a storyline if you will.

When you leave the TV or radio going while you sleep, your subconscious mind picks up the information its hearing, and your conscious mind tries to make sense of it by applying things that your mind can understand to the random context of what you're hearing while you sleep.
Similarly, some "intuned" people who can channel spiritual energies will pick up the signal with their subconscious mind (much better than their conscious mind), and they will apply conscious thoughts to fit the context.

What abstract imagery does man see when he sees something for the first time? What are his words? He says "Automatic mobile" or "Cellular phone" or "Sub marine".. His words reflect his experience. The spiritual world can only be perceived by applying a limited human experience.
>>
sure, acausal connections between some things seem to be pretty real, it's even been a catalyst for trump's elections with the whole shadilay/kek thing
>>
>>34933704
I agree, meme magic is very real.
>>
>>34933517
How do you do that anon? Please recommend books or whatever
>>
>>34934008
Get a good sweat going. Then stand entirely still. Relax all your muscles.

You'll feel your body bursting with energy. Focus on it, and concentrate it on your solar plexus. Then try to shift it around your body to whatever parts you want to perform better.
>>
tonight on my way home from work. i got off the bus and i was chewing gum.

as i was walking i saw a garbage can. i must have been 15 yards away from the can and i spit my gum straight into it first try, even put a lead on it because it kinda fell with gravity.
i've spit on cockroaches on walls.

i remember this one time a bunch of buddies and i were shooting hoops. they all decided to go home and i stayed back.
i kept practicing fade away jumpers and i kept making them over and over. i was getting so psyched out to the point that i stayed shooting well past dark.

it's like.. getting a hot streak or a hole in one but with stupid, irrelevant things.
i honestly find it amazing, beyond chance.
>>
I don't believe anything supernatural exists.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.