[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is moving out without any kind of plan or a job lined up a good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (36KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 385x385px
is moving out without any kind of plan or a job lined up a good idea? do people do this often?

I just want to cash out my savings account and get on an Amtrak training heading anywhere but here...
>>
>is moving out without any kind of plan or a job lined up a good idea?

No.

>do people do this often?

In America yeah. Then they become wage slaves and live the rest of their lives in poverty, or they end up moving back home.

A tiny minority "make it", and then these exceptions to the rule are used to lure others into becoming low-wage workers who will pay their money to the landlords.
>>
Only do that if you're willing to either be a wagecuck forever or be a fucking hobo forever
>>
>>34928230
>>34928277
I'm okay with being a wagecuck, I'm going to end up as one anyway, I just want to get away from parents and move to a part of the country that is somewhat live able at 9 bux an hour.
>>
>>34928365

>9 bux an hour

No financial security at that wage. You won't be able to build up a decent savings, emergency fund, investments, buy a house, nothing.

You'll just be eking out a living, paycheck to paycheck, completely at your boss's mercy.
>>
>>34928465
What part of me being okay with being a wagecuck and living a shitty life did you not understand?
>>
>>34928230
Sounds like me
okl;
>>
>>34928628
There is no part of the country that is livable at 9 bux an hour.
>>
>>34928697
It's a relative term, if people pile into apartments in the Bronx working for 9 bux an hour I think doing the same in Arkansas would be infinitely better.
>>
>>34928948

Minimum wage in the Bronx is $11 an hour and will soon be more.
>>
>>34928628

How shitty?

You would always be at the edge of losing your home, losing your car (if you could even afford one), not being able to pay insurance, medical bills. You would be living on the edge.
>>
>>34929000
>You would always be at the edge of losing your home, losing your car (if you could even afford one), not being able to pay insurance, medical bills. You would be living on the edge.

You would just be a typical American then OP, nothing to worry about.
>>
>>34929034
Sigh. You don't get it at all.

You're sound like my dad.

He says the same thing. "Hey son, you have a shitty full time Mcjob now, you should move out already. Huh? You don't think your job will last? Haha, that's every American"

And he's more or less worked at the same facility (it has changed ownership several times) for over 20 years.

I told him the company I was working for was a mess, and I could laid off anytime.Then a few months later I got laid off when my job got contracted out to a company that only hire part timers.

The cost of living in my area is also extremely high. I could maybe rent a room for nearly half of my monthly income. Thats half my income before things like auto insurance, food, auto repairs (I drive a vehicle with 234,000 miles so repairs are a regular thing now), and medical expenses not covered by insurance. That's all got to be paid for before any money can go towards fun things.

The job security of a McJob is nothing compared to the security you get in a white collar job. Professional office drones don't get canned at the drop of the hat or let go just because some random middle manager doesn't like you. Technically they can, but it rarely happens.
>>
>>34929199
>Sigh. You don't get it at all.

I do get it, I was being facetious. I'm a NEET piece of garbage anyway, don't take advice from me.

Anyway, independence was something Americans took for granted for a really long time, we are just joining the rest of the world now in being poor and having to live in multigenerational households. Maybe Trump can reverse the polarity but I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>34928176
I'm about to do this OP. I'm fine with being homeless and/or a wagecuck. Anything is better than being a worthless parasite 27 year old NEET for one more year. I suggest researching shelters, soup kitchens, food stamps, welfare, hobobux, etc. in whichever area you're planning to go to.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.