[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>at a job interview today >things are going fine from my

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 25

File: 1484421213949.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484421213949.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
>at a job interview today
>things are going fine from my point of view
>talk about projects I worked on, how I worked with my team members, he even laughed at a joke I made
>out of a sudden guy interviewing me stops and says "look, you seem like a nice guy but you're doing a terrible job of selling yourself and why you should work here, I don't know if you're an introvert or what but you need to open up because the people who are open are the people we want to hire, frankly there is an awkward tension here and you need to deal with it if you want a career"
>mfw being utterly dismantled by some guy I met 5 minutes ago
>feel absolutely crushed
>agree with him and thank him for his honesty, tell him I'm aware of my issues and trying to work on them
>awkwardly bumble through the rest of the interview
>thank him for his time and leave
>sit in my car for 10 minutes and contemplate suicide

I'm such a massive loser people can just detect via instinct it after a few minutes of conversation, the worst part is I thought everything was fine but apparently I'm not even aware of my own social retardation.

Suicide is my only remaining option.
>>
>>34921361
Should have stood up for yourself desu. I understand what he said put you off but what he said was NOT ok and you should go back and tell him off
>implying you wont just cry anyway
>>
The feels, i've had people say stuff like that to me but what the fuck am i supposed to do with that information? i dont know because i'm socially fucked up.. there's no bloody tutorial
>>
>>34921361
Wow that interviewer sounds like a massive bellend 2bh. Would've probs slapped him if he talked to me like that
>>
File: 1486960539009.jpg (44KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
1486960539009.jpg
44KB, 635x473px
>>34921403
He wasn't wrong though, I am fucking terrible at job interviews, at least he was being honest

At least I have a forklift driver job but I realize now I'll probably never work a "professional" job or become a member of mainstream society
>>
>>34921361
Next time you stand up, shake his hand, and walk out. Maybe he's right though... It's not a get together or something, he's trying to compare you with other candidates to see why he should hire you, so you have to explicitly show him why you're the best choice. Better luck next time, OP.
>>
>>34921529
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE IS RIGHT. Not everyone is good at interviews, myself included. He might as well have pissed on your mothers' grave. If something like that happens again don't be afraid to defend yourself. Better to have pride then let a piece of shit walk over you like that
>>
I don't understand how normies want us to sell ourselves. I say things like "I'm a hard worker, I always go over everything twice so I don't make a mistake, I don't argue with people, I don't complain about my job, im innovative and friends, blah blah blah". LIKE fucking what else do I say? should I talk about all my normie friends and girlfriends which I DONT HAVE? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Same thing happened to me 4 years ago.

I haven't looked for a job since.

Interview bullying is underrated, in fact in my opinion the most openly hateful and pro-normie area in life is job interviews. If you aren't an extrovert LE OUTGOING CHARISMATIC TEAMPLAYER they will sometimes tell you to just leave right away. I give up.
>>
>>34921361
>look, you seem like a nice guy but you're doing a terrible job of selling yourself and why you should work here
He should have simply stopped there.
>>
>>34921361
Self-improvement is always an option.
>>
Only way to get better at interviews is to practice and do more interviews, anyway sounds like it was more his issue. Who the fuck would say that when they're interviewing someone? Interviews get easier when you realize the interviewer is just a regular person at their day job and this is a meeting to them, they're trying to do a good job, waiting for lunch/the weekend, and probably have a busy work day ahead of them.
>>
>>34921605
Doesn't matter. Job interviews are no different than making a friend with a total norman. In fact, I have found zero difference between the two, if you can make friends with random people you can get basically any job you want.
>>
>>34921529
Oh OP, I used to be like you. You should have heard some of the ways I botched interviews before. Fortunately, I have went on enough of them to be decent at it.
>>
File: waiting in potion line.png (575KB, 1600x830px) Image search: [Google]
waiting in potion line.png
575KB, 1600x830px
A job interview is the employer's favorite way of testing your wards. Your magical defenses. Their initial tests include the 'online personality assessment' and job application however their final judgement is made in physical proximity. They want to be personally present in the room while probing your wards and searching for weaknesses. This is where you really need to bleed mana and stack as many effects as possible. I'm talking sanctuary, barrier, chameleon, fortify personality potions, break out everything you've got. They're not concerned with your TRUE character, they're concerned with how good of an illusion you can create and what level of scrutiny it can operate under. In other words: if you can emulate normalcy and social ability well enough it's functionally identical to the real thing. He was able to detect your powerlevel on only the first meeting, how can you possibly survive every day in the workplace surrounded by these mundanes?

Get a haircut the day before the interview and go to bed early. Take an extra-thorough shower and put on your best outfit. Spend some time researching the company and coming up with good quick answers for common interview questions. Practice your stories beforehand, I like to do it while I'm in the shower or driving there. Before going inside take a few moments to double check your appearance and take some deep breaths to relax. This is you on your best day, you should be able to pass easily if you try.
>>
>>34921595
>I'm such an immense faggot that I can't fathom leaving my hugbox to learn something from someonr who knows more than me

God, you're pathetic

Get your head out of your ass, be humble and learn
>>
>>34921361
why do you want a job anyways anon? if you are miserable now, a job will only make you feel even worse. money wont get you a gf or friends, so you might as well keep all your precious time to yourself.

trust me i know! im a cyborg with a decent job and there isnt a day that goes by when i dont think about just turning the wheel.
>>
File: 6cf.png (218KB, 680x575px) Image search: [Google]
6cf.png
218KB, 680x575px
>>34921361
My personality has both cost me shit I wanted and sealed it, so I've been on both sides and can feel for some of the total hopeless headcases here whose non-suicidal existence literally hinges on every interview they go to. Fifity years ago men like them literally walked onto construction sites with baseline knowledge of real work and were modestly set for life. Then women came along, doubled the pool of unbelievably thirsty applicants in every field, and utterly fucked everything as usual.

I feel like an STD-riddled slut trying to both demonstrate my arbitrary value to these boomer hiring manager faggots and worship the ground they shit on at the same time. I can't imagine being in the shoes of some of these anons who have even less self worth than I do.

My advice: get through life having as little to do with your job as possible and don't fall into the bootlicking Stockholm syndrome delusion that you actually enjoy it.
>>
>>34921933
>standing up for yourself is pathetic
>letting a middle aged man in a dead end job talk shit to your face is not
What the fuck is there to be humble about? I guess im a moron for replying to this horrendous bait
>>
>>34921361
what was the job for anyway? what kind of work? are you pands material?
>>
>>34921933
You are literally a lower life form. I'm so much more advanced that you can't even possibly imagine it. You don't even have the capability to grasp the void between us. Any communication between us would be completely pointless as you couldn't hope to understand me. Like a man talking to a dog, explaining the theory of evolution and the dangers of artificial selection in breeding. The dog cannot meaningfully respond.
>>
>>34921971
This attitude is why you are a gross underachiever.

Seems to me like the guy was just straight up and honest with him, which is more courtesy than most "normies" will give to someone. He might as well have asked what he could do to better himself and I'm sure he would've obliged.

Seems to me you're so insecure that you take any form of critisism as a personal attack. That's both weak and doing a disservice to yourself.

Being humble means you know your flaws but are comfortable enough with yourself to not throw a bitchfit when someone talks to you about them, but try to use this as an opportunity to better yourself.

You can learn this thinking and you'll be better in the future
>>
>>34922079
You're being straight-forward and honest about your own idiocy too. That doesn't mean the bile you're spewing is correct. It's not. It's trash. Your opinions are trash. Obviously I am going to ignore them. Obviously I am. Why would I listen to trash? What could you possibly teach me when you are so empty-headed?
>>
>>34922079
>>34922183
Ad hominem, both of you.
>>
>>34921361
fucking normies discriminating against introverts

THEY WILL SEE
>>
>>34922183
Damn, why are you so angry?

Surely it's the "normies'" fault right? It can't possibly be your own shortcomings in life
>>
>>34922393
I'm irritated as always by the hypocrisy of you normgroids giving these kind of hollow, useless advice as if you're qualified to tell anyone about anything.

You of all people, telling someone to be humble and learn. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>34921933
It's not worth learning lessons from assholes like that.
>>
>>34921511
he wouldn't talk to someone like that who wasn't a fucking pussy who'd clam up and whine about a JOB INTERVIEW to 4chan.
>>
>>34921933
Cuck? Yes, you are a cuck.
>>
File: 1486872655662.png (253KB, 568x638px) Image search: [Google]
1486872655662.png
253KB, 568x638px
>>34921361
Interviewer sounds like a bit of a cunt. You shouldn't have continued and you certainly shouldn't have thanked him because what he said amounted to "dude you're not cool enough"
>>
>>34921728
under8td m80
>>
File: 1356670900793.jpg (19KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1356670900793.jpg
19KB, 400x266px
>>34921361

the guy sounds like an asshole, you're better off not working there

I bet you are not that bad OP, don't let it get to you
>>
>white knighting the type of wage slave who wants to kill himself after a bad interview

i'll give you dipshit 3 guesses at what an "introvert" is supposed to do when he is shitty at interviews but qualifies for the job. i can't tell if some of you didn't have any parents or teachers or you just never pay any attention, what the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>34922454
>You of all people

Lolwat, you know literally nothing about me, I was just trying to give out advice, sure I wasn't friendly, but what I said is true. I think many people on this board could benefit from shit like this.

Just stop being intimidated all the time, go out and realise that all the negative shit you live through are just projections of your own insecurities and life is actually pretty neat if you want it to be and put in some effort.

But I guess being angry at people on an anonymous swahilian hut building forum is more productive and benefitting
>>
>>34922655
>Lolwat, you know literally nothing about me, I was just trying to give out advice

>proceeds to give out advice to people who you literally know nothing about

not him but you're being a hypocrite
>>
Why do people ask you to "sell yourself" anyway? What's the fucking point. You got my fucking CV right there with my qualifications. Pretending to be someone I'm not is fucking pointlesa if we're going to end up working together, you'll eventually meet real me.

Either you like me or not. Fuck of with this shitty sell yourself advice
>>
>>34922774
>has never had a real job.
>>
>>34921651
Fuck this gay earth, i want off this ride now
>>
>>34921361
Sounds as if you have assburgers and can't take a hint, or this guy is a complete sociopath -- it's probably both.
>>
>>34921361

>talk about projects I worked on, how I worked with my team members, he even laughed at a joke I made

>how I worked with my team members

That's what ruined you. Don't give anyone else any credit for something you were involved in when talking about previous work. The interviewer doesn't know they even exist unless you tell him. Make all accomplishments about you, then if he asks whether it was individual or group work, then you can tell him.

Is it right? Of course not, but somebody out there is going to do it anyway, so you might as well, too.
>>
>>34922774
I agree, it's so fucking redundant. How many retards do these idiots hire that the screening process has to be this ridiculous.
>>
>>34922774

a job interview is essentially attempting to answer three questions
>can you do the job?
>can you tolerate doing the job?
>can your coworkers tolerate you?

all questions they ask are ways of probing these three facets. the reason they want you to "sell yourself " or they ask you about your hobbies, your life goals, what you do for fun, and inane shit like that is to see if they'd be able to stand you in a professional environment, for their own benefit, or if you can at the very least fake a cordial attitude long enough to not be insufferable in the workplace.

CVs tell them your qualifications, interviews tell them your attitude. it's annoying, but it's the logic behind it.
>>
File: clown car pepe.jpg (31KB, 420x487px) Image search: [Google]
clown car pepe.jpg
31KB, 420x487px
>>34921361
I'd like to tell you that you should have said something to defend yourself, but I would have felt exactly like you did. I'm easily intimidated by people like that guy, especially when they say shit like that to scrape away the little remaining confidence I have left. Chin up, anon. Maybe you can learn from this. Don't let the normies bring you down too much.
>>
>>34921689
i understand ops situation as i have been in it many times, normies simply cannot comprehend the way we are
>>
>>34922774
people lie/overstate/understate on their resumes, it gives you a chance to elaborate on what you can offer the company
>>
>>34922582
this, it would have been a workplace full of assholes just as bad or worse than him, normies are fucking trash they continually gang up on others that are different and when they get rid of the different people they just start attacking other normies, once again, normies are fucking trash
>>
>>34922870
CV's don't tell them shit. 9 times out of 10 you'll go into an interview and the guy hasn't read most of what you wrote in the CV. they usually look for x years of experience and then bring you in. literally everybody and their mother lies about what they've done in their resume. the interview is primarily to see if you actually have any experience, and if the guy thinks personality is important its because the job demands specifically that social quality. OP didn't say which job but if it was just some cubicle shit or he was actually qualified, nobody would have ever asked him about his "hobbies" or worried about how introverted he is.

common courtesy is one thing; don't go in acting like you're just doing it for money. but no recruiter is thinking about "tolerating" you. company culture adapts to the employees, not the other way around. what you are trying to ignore is that when communication is a big part of the job that people look for specific (maybe incorrectly) communication skills.
>>
>>34921933
All OP really needs to learn is that interviewers are very often dickheads, namely because they are
>people who had the task foisted upon them and have no particular qualifications that allow them to get a measure of a person outside technical understanding
>people whose actual job is to hire people, which is not a job that anybody worth listening to would have
>>
>>34922774
sell yourself just means show that you're mentally stable socially capable ,basically a functional normal person
>>
Reading this shit reminds me why I've avoided getting a job.
>>
File: 142342345.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
142342345.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>34921361
I have a similar story, OP
>Be in job interview
>Being interviewed by the typical HR Stacy
>Everything seems to be going smooth
>Speaking calmly and clearly, keeping a good posture, eye contact
>She then looks at my birthdate
>"Oh, you're a Leo!"
>wtf "uh yeah"
>"Well that's weird because Leos are supposed to be outgoing but you seem to be a very a calm person."
>Agree with her. She's right after all.
>"Well, you see, here we want energetic people to create a good working enviroment. So you'd have to work on that. Well, that is all, we'll call you"
>of course they never called
>tfw literally not hired for not being a loud, boisterous Chad
It was a fucking office job, so I don't know why being energetic would be so important since everyone spent most of their time sitting at their desks anyways.
>>
>>34923048
they want normies that can join in and bitch about other people in the office
>>
>>34921361
FUCK, we're not accepted in most work places why doesn't the government fucking man up and give us a decent neetbux payment just for being shy
>>
>>34923048
Just fake it man. Pretend to be Chad and act like a smug dick to everyone. That's how people succeed in life. They lie and cheat their way to success. Morality doesn't exist, nobody is telling the truth and you have to step on people to get ahead.
>>
>>34923048
>>Agree with her. She's right after all.

This is the part where you lie. Just play it off by saying
>This isn't how I am normally, I just like trying to keep it lowkey for interviews
or something to that effect.
>>
I remember when I went for a interview for a simple warehouse job and a guy did sort of the same thing to me, he suddenly had a stern look on his face and told me "you don't really want the job do you?" which absolutely caught me off guard because i had been trying my best and had dressed up. I assured I did and then when i finally got back to my car i just cried for a bit.

That was the last job interview i went to and i instead ended up on autism bucks.
>>
>>34923048
maybe just go to interviews very drunk? they love obnoxious people
>>
>>34923048
You should have said, "I don't believe in Astrology," and continued from there.

You mindlessly agreed with her, and thus proved that you lack the spine to stand up to pressure.
>>
File: NEETcomputer.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
NEETcomputer.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
>>34923149

Kek, this is why I don't work.
>>
>>34923165
haha i know people like her, saying that wouldve been an instant no plus gtfo
>>
>>34923097
>Just fake it man
If I could fake being a normie Chad then I would be having sex with a girl right now
>>34923128
I just didn't know that being a calm, collected person was wrong. I mean if I had been applying for a job at a gym then yeah, being energetic would have made sense, but it was a fucking accountant's assistant job
>>
>>34921361

As >>34922020 said, what's the job? If you're going for, say, car salesman or insurance agent, I believe the interviewer just did you a huge favor (as someone appropriate for that job would have got in his face about it, proving they're able to stand up to horseshit while making a hard sell), but if you're going for something like medical billing or library clerk then I honestly have difficulty believing the interviewer even said that (I've been a clerk, one of the more valued traits is being able to keep quiet and relaxed while helping patrons with their materials).
>>
>>34923165
>You mindlessly agreed with her
I didn't agree with her about astrology. I agreed with her about me being a calm person, because she was right.
>>
File: 1487281121818.jpg (14KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
1487281121818.jpg
14KB, 258x195px
>>34921361
What a fucking asshole. Don't worry sempai, you didn't want to work with that fucktard anyway
>>
>>34921361
Today I started a job where the hiring manager basically begged me to come on board. he told me after the first interview that I had the job although he still had to interview 10 more applicants. The interview lasted about 10 minutes, and then we sat and chatted for about 45 minutes while his other appointments watched through the glass door.

Interviews are a piece of cake. you just have to respond to their questions somewhat (but don't be too specific) and then redirect the conversation with insightful open ended questions about the position, so the interviewer does most of the talking while you maintain eye contact with a bright smiling face. they will unconsciously start to like and trust you. Let your eyebrows do the talking
>>
>>34923210
Being a calm, collected person is very wrong. They are bad traits to have and everyone looks down on people who act like that.

Look at the world around you and look at the successful people. They're rude, insulting assholes who use any leverage to make themselves look better. That's what you have to do. Pretend like you know what you're doing like everyone else.
>>
>>34923304
You must be good looking. There was a video on youtube where they compared how an ugly and good looking person gets interviewed. The good looking person practically had the job based on how they were interviewed.
>>
>>34923368
Here is the video just incase anyone was interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTwSSTWfwuM
>>
File: 1483251857716.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483251857716.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>34921361
this is why i hate the fucking fucking world. we're all just supposed to be kikes shilling ourselves nonestop
>i'm great with teamwork
>safety is really important to me
people just recite meaningless bullshit like trained parrots so a massive corporation will crap out a 10% raise onto their plate, which they will gratefully lap up.
fuck this gay earth
>>
File: 1485971475640.png (13KB, 429x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485971475640.png
13KB, 429x375px
>>34922840
He specifically asked me about teamwork while I was in college, I even told him how I got frustrated with group members not doing their assigned work and how I tried to mentor and guide them, I even admitted I had to do their work for them as a last resort, and how I stepped up to be a team leader because nobody else would

When I worked on an engineering project in college, I literally did 75% of the work because my teammates were useless and needed to be micromanaged to accomplish even simple tasks, I told him this, maybe it made me come off as being an asshole with no patience or confidence in anybody I don't know

>>34923234
It was an engineering technician/electrician type role

He said he wanted somebody with experience working at labour/industrial jobs(I have years of experience in this aspect) and somebody who is also intelligent and able to work on technology, I basically told I fit the bill, have labouring/industrial experience, graduated college with a 3.8 GPA, have experience programming and been using computer my whole life

Fuck it

>>34923304
This guy interviewing only asked me ONE question and then went on his rant, like what the fuck did he expect me to spill my life story right away

Working is a meme anyways, I have 70k saved up and should just start my own business
>>
>>34921651
idk if the interviewer said to me what he said to the OP I would fight back by changing my mood and tell him why they are missing out if they don't hire me.
It was basically an opening by the interviewer for the interviewee to sell themselves and selling yourself requires some exaggeration to get a point across.
>>
>>34921361

It's one of those rare cases where I'm happy to be oblivious and unempathic as a rock. His opinion only matters in that you wanted the job. You didn't get the job so he could as well be fictionnal, why do you care?

You should think about that part
> I'm aware of my issues and trying to work on them

If you can't sell yourself, maybe consider preparing the interview, learning lines by rote memory and performing in front of a webcam (or mirror). Be prepared to be horrified by your real voice.

The only goal is to make the guy think that you're the one for that job. >>34921728 is correct, it's about putting a mask and faking it, nobody wants to hire a Robot.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 900x900px
>>34922026
You like spirit science too?
>>
>>34922183
Nine sentences and nothing of value in a single one of them. How do you do it?
>>
>>34922840
That makes no fucking sense, stupid. He was merely explaining how well he works with others. Is that not important?
>>
Why do people put up with so much shit to get a job where they don't have to get dirty? Just apply for a blue collar job, no one will give a fuck if you're creating "awkward tension" as long as you do your job right. Also it's easier to get a job because 9/10 people think that retail and food service are the only industries offering entry level work.
>>
>>34923825
What are some examples of blue collar jobs?
>>
>Got a phone call this morning at 9am
>Invitation to phone interview either today before 12pm or tomorrow
>Lied about being busy today so I could have time to prepare
>Spent all day thinking about what I would say, didn't write anything down
>Wondering if I should even bother answering the phone

Wish I'd agreed to do it today now, at least I would have had a decent reason to have not prepared at all. I don't even particularly want the job, it's only somewhat related to my degree and I'm only somewhat qualified. I can already tell they're going to ask questions about my weaker skills and ignore all the questions I could answer off the top of my head.
>>
>>34921361

You should have showed him your true autism and raped him
>>
>>34921605

You're not an attractive chad
>>
>>34923967

at least try dude.

don't pass up an opportunity just because it makes you nervous. if you do that you're just conditioning yourself to respond that way, and you'll get more nervous the next time something like this comes up. besides even if the interview goes well you don't have to accept the job.
>>
>>34921361
>out of a sudden guy interviewing me stops and says "look, you seem like a nice guy but you're doing a terrible job of selling yourself and why you should work here, I don't know if you're an introvert or what but you need to open up because the people who are open are the people we want to hire, frankly there is an awkward tension here and you need to deal with it if you want a career"

If i was in your position i would just say "ok" and move on with the interview. A general response i have whenever someone says something like this to me is "ok". acknowledge what he said and move on. I wouldn't have apologized though. other than that you did nothing wrong, NEVER apologize for being yourself.
>>
File: 1480731842072.jpg (22KB, 250x334px) Image search: [Google]
1480731842072.jpg
22KB, 250x334px
>>34923509
Fucking this.
The dude probably hears what you were saying like 50 times a day, he probably wanted to jump straight at the crucial part.
He gave you a chance to sell yourself by putting your back in the corner, but instead of manning up and reply, you agreed with him.
Sure, it's percieved as "nice" to agree with people, but that's what fried it for you. You should have disagreed, and expose him why he'd make a mistake if they turned you down.
Whatever you say, go for it, at worse you will never meet him again so it doesn't matter if you contradict him, and at best, he will only become your colleague if you're using the right words.
>>
>>34923410

Always find these halo effect videos interesting. Odd how this never comes up in the privilege conversations that seem to be in vogue now. If its between an unfortunate looking white guy and a legit pretty black girl, I'm betting the latter is going to have far greater chance to get whatever it is they want out of life, especially if they start poor. I doubt it ever will be much of a topic since no one wants to openly admit they're on team ugly outside of compliment fishers though.
>>
>>34922655
>I think many people on this board could benefit from shit like this.
yeahp some random fuck on the internet being mean to them is gonna open their eyes and they will finally realize that you were right. ignoring the fact that the people on this board probably get their faults called out on a consistent basis. YOU will be the one to finally help them see the light. God how fucking pretentious can one person be. "Why are they rejecting my advice that they didn't ask for, and i'm giving in a very condescending manner?"

FUCK OFF
>>
>>34921361
Sounds like you dodged a bullet and won't have to work for cunts.

In my experience, the best jobs I've had involved no bullshit at the interview, all just experience and qualifications.

If someone is like that to you again, shake their hand and leave.
>>
File: 1478668967632.png (464KB, 515x525px) Image search: [Google]
1478668967632.png
464KB, 515x525px
>>34921361

What's the name of the company OP? Do you have the interviewers name or email? That guy needs to fucking die.
>>
>>34921552
>Next time you stand up, shake his hand, and walk out
This is probably what I would do
>>
>>34924227
this guy knows whats up, i went to an interview recently that i didnt really want the job, didnt get offered the job (took a practical test that got a 6/10 and he told me they had only one guy get higher). job was actually a paycut which is why i didnt want it but the experience was well worth it
>>
>>34921728

This. Traveled country 6 different states doing interviews for resident level internal med. You learn to do everything this guy mention. It's all practice stories and answers literally in front a mirror, waking up the morning of with outfit all set up, drinking an extra cup of coffee or 3 or 5 or whatever you need, and competing at your best level in the social arena like it's a game.

Good advice anon.
>>
>>34921361
I'm amazed when people are asked to list good things about themselves and come up with 20 item long lists which are absolutely bullshit and there is one, maybe two real things listed
Me on the other side I struggle to even name a single thing I'm good at. I like cooking and I ho out of my way to be better at it and I have made some delicious food before but am I good at it? No
How could in consider myself gooat cooking when people out there make amazing stuff from scratch?
And thennyou get an army of people sharing pictures of a sad hotdog or sandwich on social media like they just did something amazing
>>
>>34921403

This is sorta-right but OTOH they have your social (as in: your security number) and your dox, depending on the nature of the interview and how far along the process is. One way or another they have real basic stats on you, or else they wouldn't be talking to you.

A business may or may not go after you if you shove a guy, but it's like anything else-word goes around in a community, unfortunately.
>>
>>34923410

I studied this years ago in uni I reasoned that criminals up for parole are more likely to get it if they're attractive

Actually seeing it? Fucking rage inducing my hate is overflowing
>>
>>34921361

I think the problem here is that an inteviewer isn't just looking for someone who has the right credentials and answers all the interview questions correctly; they're mainly interested in seeing that you're a normal, decent guy who would be easy to get along with and fit into the office environment easily. Even if you answer the questions fine, if you seem like you have a stick up your ass while doing it they're simply not going to get the feeling that they want to work with you. The key to an interview is to turn it into a conversation: smile, be easygoing, heavy on the pleasantries, turn the interviewer questions into stories or anecdotes and ask questions back at him about how his experience or that particular job relates to the question. It's the conversation that's key: even if you prepare intensely for every possible question they could ask, if you go into it as if you're about to be grilled at a senate hearing committee you're going to give the wrong impression. Of course it's not very fair because there are plenty of people who would be great workers but get nervous at interviews and have trouble opening up and conversing casually with a complete stranger who's in charge of hiring them, but that's just what you need to do.
>>
>>34925680

You see those big booty sluts on instagram making 6 figures by uploading 10 second videos of them walking in yoga pants

Looks are everything the new racism and the new discriminated
>>
File: 1480047573477.jpg (33KB, 307x272px) Image search: [Google]
1480047573477.jpg
33KB, 307x272px
>>34922774
As I much as I hate selling myself too, you have to realize some jobs get hundreds of applications
So everything can be used against you

But I hate interviews, the only good one I had was with someone who talked like a real human being, not these shitty questions you can find on the internet that every interviewer use like "where do you see yourself in 5 years? lulz"

I'm not an introvert or anything, I get along with pretty much anybody, but interviews suck, you don't get to express yourself as much as you can IRL, you only have to say what they want to hear. I have trouble for showing my "motivation" for a job, my only motivation is to pay my bills, my food and not fucking die god damnit
>>
>>34924742
Hard to say. One the one hand, maybe he's trying to provoke a reaction; on the other, maybe he's already made up his mind and everything you do will be perceived in terms of "someone who isn't a team player" (and arguing about it only cements that perception further). If you really want the job you may as well fight back because in the other case (the interviewer is a thick asshole) you won't get the job regardless of what you do.
>>
>>34924742
I had some interviewers that gave me hard questions, I first I thought I completely fucked up but I actually managed to get hired a few times

I don't think it was his attention to provoke a reaction or anything, I just think he was honest, we only had OP's version. For all we know maybe he was complete creep like this guy :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULqAIbjCsXE
>>
Fuck this thread. I have a big interview next Thursday and shitting bricks now looking at all you comments. During my email chat with general manager and vice president human resource, they ask me for my driver license. And I have a bad picture so I directly send it to HR so general manager didn't have to look at my ugly face. Than she reconnected me to him and made me look bad. I just want to get this interview over with.
>>
File: 1486923607425.jpg (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1486923607425.jpg
9KB, 160x160px
>tfw no job for 3 years
>tfw sister works in HR and admits that any resumes with gaps get trashed immediately
>>
File: 1311463066652.jpg (50KB, 350x308px) Image search: [Google]
1311463066652.jpg
50KB, 350x308px
>>34921361
This probably won't make you feel any better, but it sounds like he was testing you. Bosses do this shit to see how well you react to unexpected scenarios.

Or you could actually be awkward as shit, who knows.

I'm probably going to get fired for incompetence tomorrow. I'd love to avoid the inevitable humiliation of getting absolutely assraped in front of all of mycoworkers by just offing myself tonight, but I know I'll never have the courage to ever actually go through with it. Maybe I should just go to a bar and slam booze all night until work, that way, when the time comes, I hopefully won't be able to feel anything.
>>
>>34927214
Lie on your resume

Put shitty experiences in factories or shit like that. With luck no company will bother looking more than this
>>
>tfw electrical engineer
>tfw have had interviews by bosses more autistic than me

Take the stem pill guys
>>
>>34927397
In general any manual jobs are pretty easy to get, they don't give a fuck as long as you know how to use your hands

In sales or retail jobs however...
>>
File: Enough.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
Enough.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
>>34921361
>the people who are open are the people we want to hire

Fucking cocksucking bullshit, this planet can't get global warmed fast enough, it all needs to end quickly
>>
>>34927397
I can't, I'm shit at engineering. All I can do is being a bad walmart cashier.
>>
>>34921651
>Interview bullying is underrated

Yeah. Happened to me earlier this month. I got savaged. I sorted through thousands of job postings to find a few jobs that were good matches, and then the interviewer just tears me apart because he wonders if I can take notes (even though I went to college and graduated) and if I'm "passionate" enough. It was an unpaid internship and I just explained I was interested in the internship in order to find out if that career path was right for me.

Apparently career exploration is not a good enough reason for wanting to do an UNPAID internship. I thought that was sort of the point of internships - the intern gets to find out if they fit in the field they are interested in.
>>
File: Laffin Pepe.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
Laffin Pepe.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>34921361
OPEE ABSOLUTELY BTFO

Will he ever recover?
>>
>>34921361
if it helps mate I would share my story. I have been funposting on /r9k/ for awhile now but recently I have been making some threads/comments about a prospective job that I wanted (retail) while I currently WASH DISHES.. there are a few of us robot dishers I think something about the job attracts robots, masochism, unsupervised introvert type work.. etc.

anyways I have interviewed and gotten offered a job 9-10 before so I have a "little" bit of experience. Last friday the retail job I interviewed for was in a bong shop... yep I would have been selling glass bongs and making mom and dad really proud. I thought that the interview went rather well, maybe not a slam dunk, but I thought I made an alright impression.. considering I had an interview with a business owner who had a fucking oily bong on the desk right in front of him... we shot the shit for 10-15 mins I made him chuckle a few times and he said I might here back from him early this weed monday or tuesday....

fast forward to tuesday night I have already called and spoke to another kid (not the owner) who supposedly handles the hiring and stuff. I called up a few times, and was given the run around. Still held out hope until tuesday night I drive out of my way (15miles or so) from home to go to the shop and see what's up and the kid, not the owner tells me that the position was filled. But he didn't say anything else and I didn't ASK why... but it was obvious to me that these dudes didn't think I was "cool" and they didn't want me to work in a bong shop. I still wash dishes. Don't kill yourself OP unless we do it together
>>
>>34921605
well, how does a Big Mac sells itself?

>it looks good
>>
>>34921728
solid advice bro, very nice
>>
>>34923097
basically you gotta remember who is number one, which is yourself, all others are valued only by how they benefit you. morality is a bad meme
>>
>>34927389
kek, for my first job i made made up a company and had my friend respond as my boss
>>
>>34923455
Well I hope you make it lad. Interviews are always a chore for introverts, the only times I found a job is because for some reason the only interviewer was the technical guy so I ended up mostly talking about stuff in my field and my scientific experience.
>>
>>34921361
maybe it's your body language? maybe you don't speak with enough passion and emotion in your voice and you don't smile enough?

for myself i am very shy and withdrawn but when i talk people find me likable and probably think im a normie

i only have trouble speaking to people when i don't have a reason/excuse, especially women, like to talk to a girl just because i like her and want to get to know her better? no fucking way it's impossible i will pee myself
>>
>>34921361

that guy sounds like a dick desu

enough of a dick that i want to post about it 10 hours later
>>
>>34930193
They probably hired some chick or a Chad. Go back later and see. Make it a thread dude.

I applied for a job at a drycleaners and they hired some Chad a week later.
>>
>>34921361
Guy sounds like a massive cunt dont know how he can expect to continue the interview after saying that.

Interviewing can be tough but you'll get better at it. Good luck anon
>>
>>34921361
Did you make eye contact?
Normies get flustered if you don't make eye contact even if you're verbally flawless.
>>
>>34921361
>>34923455
Shoulda put him on the spot and made him elaborate if he's gonna pull that. Oh, and don't give a shit about the crap they throw at you since they're just spewing shit.

Or you could have fun with him ask "what else would you like to know?" Then be brutally honest about your life since he's willing to throw away the interview over being open. He did, after all, ask for it.

From the later post, I would just choose to toy with him since your job choice doesn't involve retail (where you are expected to be passive when shit is thrown at you). And hey, if you didn't get hired, you were entertained by some dumb normgroid with a stick up his butt.
>>
>>34931879
Actually I forgot a crucial part to this post, how silly of me.

Basically, I would shitpost/troll. Think about it, normies throw a bunch of stupid bullshit on their resume that is ultimately valueless. They say the most absurd (yet believable) things, and yet they get hired. These companies are begging you to shitpost. Hell even I want to shitpost on my resume/interviews. You have an advantage by going to 4chan, normies don't even care about the stupid shit they put on their paper. We do it every day post-by-post for fun.
Out-fucking-skill them OP. Pretend you're shitposting next time you interview someone. It's not just a middle finger to this stupid system but a testament to how low it has fallen.
>>
File: tumblr_nm3m8zXmyR1uo2syjo1_400.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm3m8zXmyR1uo2syjo1_400.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>34931291
>chad
>working minimum wage dead end job
kek
>>34921361
lets be honest it was a shit job wasn't it. I bet both my left nut OP does not have a college degree or higher. Get skilled if you want to circumvent losers like this interviewer, they have nothing to lose by acting like a prick because they are stuck in a dead end job themselves.
>>
File: ol1s5nzdam1y.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ol1s5nzdam1y.png
53KB, 200x200px
>tfw at your job all of your coworkers and boss hates you and they have openly stated that but they need you because you are decent at the job and they dont have any grounds to fire you other than they dont like you

feels fucking fantastic, they hate me and they cant do shit
>>
Now remember, if they think you're not trying, you're in trouble, right? First hint of that, and they'll be onto the D.H.S.S., "This cunt is not trying." And your giro's fuckin' finished, right? Right. But, then again, try too hard-- You might get the fuckin' job. It's a fuckin' tightrope.
>>
>>34921361

>wagecuck gets bullied
>thanks the bully

Holy shit I've been using cuck cause it's a meme but you guys really do get off on humiliation hahahha holy shit.

I'm gonna read a book on my front porch all day while drinking pineapple juice. Enjoy chasing the carrot you fucking wimp.
>>
>>34921689
>Self-improvement is always an option.
unironically, legitimaltey,
how?

I have no friends, no one to talk to. Of course I will be a train wreck in any kind of social situation, let alone a high-pressure / high-stakes one.
so DO tell, how does one self-improve in that area?

where do I go practise social contact without coming off as a completely desperate loser with no friends? (which I am and which I am ashemed of)
>>
>>34932198
>chasing the carrot
this caused a hysterical laughing fit
>>
File: 1443381938422.jpg (17KB, 715x651px) Image search: [Google]
1443381938422.jpg
17KB, 715x651px
>>34921361
>finally build up the courage to get a job
>some professional fish slaughterhouse is looking for employees
>they farm and slaughter salmon, one of the biggest in the world
>go through normal questions and I manage to stay pretty much normal the entire time
>then he asks me why I want a job here
>I tell him I love animals
>the guy looks at me like I'm some sort of retard and lets out a sight
>rush through the interview
>this was 3 years ago
>haven't heard from them
>haven't tried to get another job
>haven't recovered spaghetti
>>
File: 1487181367754.jpg (12KB, 162x339px) Image search: [Google]
1487181367754.jpg
12KB, 162x339px
wait, can't you just tell them you're mentally disabled (i dunno, does autism and all that jazz count as disability?) and sue them for discriminatory hiring practices?

if downies can pull it off so should the average robot
>>
File: 1487134744054.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1487134744054.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
>>34921361
Should have looked him in the eye and told him to fuck himself, I guarantee you he would have given you the job on the spot.

source: i would have liked that to happen
>>
>>34921361
>feel absolutely crushed
>sit in my car for 10 minutes and contemplate suicide

I fucking hate that feeling
You feel that emptyness in your chest and stomac it's so fucking strange, happens to me everytime someone yells at me or calls me out
>>
>>34921933
Woah nice """"advice"""" you have faggot
Indeed it's useful and beneficial as fuck dude like so instructive I realized self improvement means converting all the shit people spat at me as an fucking opportunity to better myself like an brain dead cult member who regard all the bad luck as an challenge given by God thanks for teaching me how to be a perfect cuck if that's the only way to get ahead in life I would rather choose to defend my dignity
>>
>>34932315
>>I tell him I love animals
Fucking kek.
Should've corrected to "I love killing animals".
>>
>tfw the act of getting a job is now more difficult than the actual work thanks to neo-liberalism
>everything in life has to be a competition now
>have to compete with hundreds of other people for a low paying menial job with no advancement prospects
>have to grovel at the feet of companies just for the opportunity to not get hired
>must profess your undying love for <company> and how its been your lifelong dream just to work so you can be poor for someone elses benefit
>can never get a job without experience
>can't get experience without a job
>people with no experience get hired over you because of nepotism and connections

The final nail in the coffin is how you "deserve it" for failing because you must have done something wrong to end up like this. Thanks just world fallacy.
>>
>>34921361

> Suicide only option

> Obviously hasn't done nofap hardcore mode 90 day
>>
>>34933793
>nofap
>doing broscience ever
no thanks
>>
>>34921595

>Not everyone is good at interviews

And not everyone lives in an apartment they rent with their own money instead of on the street because they can't talk like a normal person.

He's trying to help you.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.