[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>interviewing at a startup >nail the interview >final

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: congratsyouhavecancer.jpg (74KB, 603x602px) Image search: [Google]
congratsyouhavecancer.jpg
74KB, 603x602px
>interviewing at a startup
>nail the interview
>final meeting with the VP
>ask him a personal question about his immigration (he's clearly not from the country, not that I really care or that it matters).

I triggered him hard, he told me that me asking the question is highly illegal, unprofessional, and that normally this would disqualify me as a candidate, he looked visibly shaken and uncomfortable and I felt compelled to apologize.

Is it illegal? I know that asking my immigration status or country of origin is a form of workplace discrimination during an interviews and is illegal, but, afaik the opposite is not true. The way he handled the question revealed a lot about his character and the culture at the company and I will probably not accept if I'm given an offer.
>>
This smells like bullshit. Any even halfway competent interviewer would have immediately ended the interview and threw your resume/application in the trash.
>>
>>34917515
That's what felt like happened, he couldn't wait to show me out the door. Thing is good talent is hard to find in my field and I'm highly qualified, maybe slightly autistic with a pocketful of spaghetti.
>>
Report him to immigration services, get him deported
>>
>>34917338

Well any person that simply gets triggered from a question is a piece of shit low intelligence human.
>>
>>34917817
Are you gay and does your momma know you're gay?
>>
>>34917771
This. Report his ass.
>>
You're a goddamn retarded.

It's offensive as well. Like, what you're implicitly saying is that is that you're from this country where he doesn't belong and you're demanding to know how he got to get in as if he was your inferior.
>>
>>34917338
>and I will probably not accept if I'm given an offer.

Don't worry you won't lol.
>>
>>34917910
It's not offensive to me and I have no problem answering the question, he completely misunderstood my intentions. I guess some people aren't proud of their heritage.
>>
Somebody did that to me yesterday. They were wrong, and yes it triggered me.

Let me explain from my point of view. I worked hard to get in this country. I invested a whole lot of money in this country that I could have invested elsewhere. I have a legal right to be in this country just as citizens of this country have a legal right to be in my country.

I don't need to feel like a fucking guest, grateful to be hosted in this country as if I'm some subhuman who was given an opportunity out of goodness of heart. I've put more money into this economy than most people who were born here.

At best, you're being patronising. At worst you're being xenophobic or racist. Either way it's bad.
>>
>>34918066
You have to go back.
OriginaI
>>
>>34917910

If I were in some brown country (god forbid) I wouldn't give half a damn if someone asked me where I'm from. I'd proudly discuss my heritage.
>>
>>34918066

considering how defensive and aggressive your post is the person you were talking to was probably just asking an innocent question and you took it the wrong way and went nuclear.
>>
>autistic white boy gets shafted from a prime position because he's racist

lmao this is america. nazis like you always get stomped on.
>>
>>34917338

lmao brown people are so insecure about being brown
>>
>>34918066
Patronizing, got it.

I fully realize how difficult it is and probably know more about it than most people, first generation immigrants are the backbone of America and it's truly what makes this country so great. I think it's something to be proud of which is why his reaction was so jarring to me.
>>
>>34918066
So you're saying that if someone asks "oh, where are you from, originally?" you'll get triggered like a little SJW bitch?

Sometimes people ask that kind of shit. I'm from NY. If I go to the south I get asked that shit all the time. Let alone if I travel overseas. It's a normal question, whether you're a tourist, resident, or citizen.

Where you come from is part of your personal history, your culture, and yourself in general. The only reason to be offended by someone's interest in that is if YOU hate YOURSELF based on your place of origin.

You're the type of person that relegates office workplace chatter to "didn't you love what sheldun said in the big bang hur hurr" lest we offend someone by asking a personal-ish question.

You're a killjoy, and a bad person, and you should be ashamed if any of your post is true.

Yes, if the OP asked in a nasty tone of voice, "Where are you from you fucking dego?" then it would certainly be offensive. But I'm betting he didn't do that.
>>
>>34918066

>wow this guy's accent is unusual I wonder where he's from
>he looks different from most people that live here I wonder where he's from

And somehow you heard

>fucking brown subhuman get the fuck out of my country you shitskin

You're massively overreacting
>>
>>34918255

First generation immigrants just want to be treated like citizens. Don't mention their origin unless they do, first.

When I first came here, I did that mistake myself to other (second/third generation) immigrants and didn't really fully understand why it was a bad thing to do until I got the treatment myself.
>>
>>34918066
>legal right
I think you mean "legal privilege"
>>
>>34917910
What you're explicitly saying is that you're glad to have such a wonderful guest in your country and you would love to know more about him and his culture.

The guy's insecure about his ethnicity, that's his own personality flaw. He shouldn't be over-reacting so much at other people when they casually bring up related topics.
>>
>>34917869
No and no.

yfguifgugfgufgigig
>>
i absolutely love this board
L0vebl0xx
>>
>>34918402
So your momma doesn't know you're gay?
>>
>>34918275
>>34918298

Asking "where you're from" is the correct way to do it.

Don't try to guess the country of origin, cause you're probably wrong and people don't like to be mistaken for other ethnicities, especially because not all ethnicities are equally regarded.

What this guy did, yesterday was worst. He said something along the lines of, "Oh you're from X." He then implied that my country wasn't developed enough to have a visa agreement with the US and wondered what hoops I had to go through to get in.

He was completely wrong and offensive in the process of being wrong. My country is wealthy enough, thank you very much. We have perfectly fine visa agreements with the US and it was very easy for me to get a visa because I'm highly educated and wealthy. He basically implied that my country was a shithole which is far from the truth. It's nicer than most parts of the US. Nobody is as poor as the bottom 1/3 of the US. We have it pretty good. It's just geopolitically irrelevant with a small economy.
>>
File: 1457556073386.jpg (90KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1457556073386.jpg
90KB, 1600x900px
>>34918440
Well, there is no reason for her to know that, since that would be a lie.

And I don't lie to my momma.
>>
>>34918460
What country are you from?

originalli
>>
>>34918462
Almost got you caught in the bait. Thanks for the yous
>>
>>34918460
if your country was "wealthy enough" you wouldn't be begging for scraps at the table of the USA. kill yourself pajeet
>>
>>34918476

A developed first world country. I'm not going to say more cause I have stalkers (I know it's lame but whatever).
>>
>>34918581
>shitskin
>native to a first world country

LOL pick one and only one!!!!!!!!
>>
>>34918609
He could be from one of the developed chink ones
>>
>>34918581
My guess is somewhere in Europe or Hong Kong.
>>
File: 9919522.jpg (7KB, 200x158px) Image search: [Google]
9919522.jpg
7KB, 200x158px
>>34917338
fuck you hombre. you piece a shit ask me about my immigration i call up my man jose and we cut you up bitch. i will mow yo mammas lawn before i lick her pussy que?

u tell la migra about me and i kill u que?
>>
>>34918623
>>34918609
>>34918573

See this is why you faggots are so annoying.

Stop trying to guess where I'm from. You don't know enough geography to be accurate. Nobody has ever correctly guessed my ethnicity or country of origin.
>>
>>34918460
Don't get mad at other people because you're ashamed of your irrelevant shithole country. You're one of very few worthwhile people from your country and so you're allowed into ours.

Being better than the people of your country, doesn't make you equal to the people of ours. Be grateful and know your place shitskin.
>>
>>34918719
>reddit spacing
>extremely defensive about race
>not white
laffo
>>
>>34918637

>hong kong
>economically irrelevant

Pick one and only one.

Euroland is the better option.
>>
>>34918275
not really

they're implying you're not normal to america and that you're always foreign compared to white americans

you're too much of a bitch to pick up on being shit on though faggot
>>
>>34918737
Why does everyone refer to putting spaces between lines as reddit spacing? It never made sense to me.
>>
>>34917338
very subtle, anon. very subtle.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.