[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got a job >stopped smoking weed >went to therapy >put

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: windows8.jpg (133KB, 429x332px) Image search: [Google]
windows8.jpg
133KB, 429x332px
>got a job
>stopped smoking weed
>went to therapy
>put on antidepressant, benzos, and mood stabilizer
>caring family
Why am I still such a depressed, miserable fuck?
>>
>>34911049
Because they gave you that shit, how long you been on em?
>>
>>34911072
A few months now
>>
>>34911077
I'm no expert but I would look into tapering yourself off of those before you become completely numb, and then following up with a look at your testosterone levels. I've been on a test boosting diet/routine lately and I've never felt better. This is after years of being a fat lethargic fuck, now I feel like an actual man it's crazy.
>>
>>34911077
Also fuck it, smoke weed too. It's a useful coping tool for stress.
>>
>>34911148
>>34911072
as somebody who has been/is on benzos and antidepressants i'd say that advice is only partially good. the right antidepressant wont make you feel numb, it will bring your energy and motivation levels to normal and lower the constant feeling of melancholy. for the most part i agree benzos should be avoided, definitely dont make the mistake of taking them daily like i did. but using them sparingly for presentations and stuff theyre a great tool.
>>
>>34911049
go to the gym
dance on weekends (smoke weed here)
>>
- work sucks
- drugs are fun for a reason
- therapy is aimed at women and doesnt work for men
- anti depressants are worse than drugs
- families who let you get this far might still care about you but cant really help you
>>
>>34911304
>therapy is aimed at women and doesnt work for men

What did he mean by this?

It's not the 60s-70s anymore. It has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with what issue you're seeing the therapist for. Therapy cant do jack shit for some problems, for others its a great tool.
>>
>>34911330
>It's not the 60s-70s anymore
what a shame. men were men and women were women
>>
>>34911390
theres certainly lots of degenerate faggotry in todays world, but men seeing therapists isnt part of that. nothing feminine about it, and theres nothing to lose. you either improve or it doesnt work and you leave none the worse.
>>
>>34911432
most of modern mens issues come from the feminization that was placed upon them from an early age and the urge to be emotional and sharing
>>
>>34911049
>Why am I still such a depressed, miserable fuck?

Because your life lacks meaning or purpose.
>>
>>34911502
this is it desu
>>
File: fasd45gadfa.jpg (74KB, 560x913px) Image search: [Google]
fasd45gadfa.jpg
74KB, 560x913px
>>34911049

GET OFF THE BENZOS!!! THEY WILL FUCK YOU UP IF YOU TAKE IT LONG TERM, AS IN EVERY DAY FOR SEVERAL MONTHS!!! YOU WILL GO THROUGH HELL TRYING TO GET OFF THEM, EVENTUALLY, SINCE YOU WILL DEVELOP A TOLERANCE!!! THE FACT THAT THEY'RE SCHEDULDED MEANS IF YOU IN ANY WAY RUN OUT, BY ACCIDENT OR WHATEVER, YOU WILL END UP IN THE HOSPITAL SINCE DOCTORS CARE MORE ABOUT THE DEA THAN YOU! THEY WONT GIVE YOU EARLY REFILLS. JUST GOOGLE BENZO WITHDRAWAL!!!

As someone who was taking benzos for 4 years straight, FUCK THEM!!! It took about 2 years to return to "normal". I now have poor memory and other bullshit. I was taking 1mg a night. It took me a about a year to taper to 0 and about a year of being completely off them for withdrawals to go away! SSRIs and other shit are similar but you won't have withdrawals that can KILL YOU (e.g seizures). You'll just feel like shit for a couple of weeks, like really like shit. Flu like symptoms, weak muscles, can't get out of bed, etc.
>>
>>34911432
Therapy only harms people. 10000%. I've seen dozens of therapists in my life and they only did me harm, every last one.

Do NOT trust them under ANY circumstances. They are NOT your friend, they are NOT there to help you. They're there for your money.
>>
>stopped smoking weed
>went to therapy

So basically you had a relatively safe drug with a 5,000 year track record of use in humans replaced by a cocktail of drugs that are far more toxic and have only existed for a few decades so we really don't know what the long term effects are at all.
>>
>>34911879
But anon weed is DRUGS. You don't want him to be a DRUG ADDICT right? Just take the benzos prescribed by the doctor. He's a doctor! Of course they're safe!
>>
>>34911879
I had to stop smoking weed to get a job though
>>
>>34911077
>a few months
>benzos
rip you
>>
>>34911879
>comparing modern weed with weed that got used 1000s of years ago
Even weed in the 60s is a lot less potent than modern weed
>>
>>34911049
Hey anon, so here's the deal. Don't listen to any of these people in this thread about testosterone, or weed, or lifting, or whatever else.

You're unhappy because you expect to be happy but are a naturally sad person. Once you give up the notion of being happy, or enjoying life, or finding meaning, you will feel better.

Get off the meds. Keep working and spend time with your family since it sounds like they love you. Even if you don't enjoy these things, do them anyway. Eventually you might not be happy, but life will be tolerable.

Tolerable is the best people like us can get. A therapist will not tell you this because then you would leave. Millions of people in the world have lived and died unhappy, it is the way things are. The best you can do is stop trying, and maybe one day you'll feel more than average.
>>
>>34911049
Because there's nothing to look forward to or be happy about in this life
>>
>>34912151

First, modern weed comes in a range of strengths ranging from 0% THC to 30ish% THC. If you are in a legal state you can get cannabis that has 0-10% THC easily.

Back in the 60's weed was illegal and you had no way of knowing how much THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids were in it.

Secondly, more potent does not equal more harmful. You can triturate by simply taking less of it.

The Scythians smoked literal campfires of weed. Nowadays you could take two puffs on a vape and probably get a similar effect.
>>
>>34911049
You want to become more than you are right now but aren't doing anything about it. You're putting your energy into becoming less.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.