[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ever gonna get an ending? Also discuss why it is the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

File: 57155_hunter_x_hunter.jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
57155_hunter_x_hunter.jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
Is it ever gonna get an ending? Also discuss why it is the best anime ever.
>>
>>34910680
what do you mean? Gon found his dad, he succeed in what he set out to do.
I know more of the manga is being written but as it stands right now it ended perfectly
>>
File: 1477469455260.png (81KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
1477469455260.png
81KB, 400x397px
>>34910680
But Tench Muyo is the best animoo evoo... OP?
>>
>>34911560
No it is not! Nothing can come close to Chimera arc and Yorknew arc. Don't lie to yourself.
>>34911408
I think the new story that is being written at the moment is pretty interesting. Especially how Hisoka has gone rogue and Kurapika and Leorio in the Zodiacs. Wanna see how it turns out.
>>
>>34910680
There's rumors floating around that they're gonna replace Togashi with his wife to finish up the dark continent arc by the end of this month. Google news it.
>>
As long as Dragon Quest exists, Togashi will never consistently write manga again.

Also thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfR9haRPlSc
>>
>>34911854
I wish she does it. I really want it to finish, I wanna see Ging crushing Pariston skull and Kurapika peeing on Chrollo dead body.
>>
>>34911855
This sounds like a better theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8NY9_i45M
>>
>>34910680
I hope so. DC arc has a great set up so far. Lots of shit on that boat just waiting to go down. It'll either be a slaughter or they'll all have to work together to survive the DC or something. That would be cool.
>>
>>34910680
ITT : We post our favorite HxH episodes.
Mine are 47, 104,126,131,135,136,145,148.
>>
>>34911964
I wanna see who Don Freecs is.Also wanna find out about Ging and Pariston ability. And yea, DC arc has a tremendous potential. Always love whenever Kurapika and Leorio are around. The fall of men represented by Kurapika character is so fascinating.
>>
>>34912018
Yeah, Kurapika is my favourite. The thing I want to know the most is why the troupe massacred his clan. There has to be some sort of twist with that "we reject no one, so take nothing from us" message they left.
>>
>>34911816
Not him but Ping Pong the Animation is better. I love HXH too, the King bowing legitimately made me cry.
>>
pls no more of this lifeless madhouse cash-in

manga > 1999 anime > shitty greed island ova's >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011 everything-wrong-with-modern-anime anime
>>
>>34910680
honest question: i dont like animus even a fraction of how i like their manga counterpart, even if poorly drawn like in this case. what makes you like anime this much?
>>
>>34912146
It's a fucking great anime desu. No other shounenshit can compare
>>
>>34912161
im not saying is bad or that anime is bad (it is), just why it has a way higher support than paper
>>
>>34912146
>>34912146
I don't know, it just clicked. The voice acting was fantastic. The character development of Kurapika and Meruem was amazing, the plots were written very well and the themes it had during the arc were awesome and pretty deep as well.
>>
>>34912180
reading if for nerds lol
>>
>>34912123
>>34912123
King bowing, Reina returning back to her home as an ant and Meruem and Komugi death. These 3 were my moments of tears.
>>
This scene was kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIiQRHsntck
>>
>>34910680
One Piece is better
>>
>>34912161
Shounenshit is still shounenshit, and FMA did everything better. Heck this isn't even the mangakas best work thanks to YYH existing.
>>
>>34912214
DELET THIS origanoo
>>
>>34912222
No it didn't. FMA had a shitty ending with how Father died. It doesn't even come close to the epicness of Meruem and Netero fight, same for other characters.
>>
>>34912222

>Heck this isn't even the mangakas best work thanks to YYH exisiting

desu I agree. I loved HxH but Togashi was definitely riding on the tailcoat of YYH's successful themes and characters.
>>
>>34912277
You mean the fight that was just a compilation of still image frames? kek the only noteworthy fight that seemed to have some minimal effort put into it was the Hisoka vs. Gon, we didn't witness that level of dedication ever again after that.
>>
>>34910680
Alright I just finished up Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and fucking LOVED it. It's honestly informing a lot of my opinions on how I should shoot action scenes, fitting all those big emotions and colors into a sort of abstract idea of how action should look (along with traditional wisdom on action scenes, see shit like Die Hard, John Wick, The Raid, etc.).

So I'm trying to decide what I watch next: HunterxHunter or Samurai Champloo. Which should I go for?
>>
>>34912495
>>34912495
HxH anon.
>>
>>34912404
Keep lying to yourself. You are just not smart enough to understand that fight.
>>
>>34912513
Alright. That way I don't have to worry about putting up with Crunchyroll's subscription.

I'll give it a look then.
>>
File: 1461931495865.jpg (138KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
1461931495865.jpg
138KB, 693x693px
>>34912551
>subscribing to crunchyroll

but why?
>>
File: Killua 2.png (261KB, 418x717px) Image search: [Google]
Killua 2.png
261KB, 418x717px
You so would
>>
>>34912551
Why don't you just watch it at a streaming site? I watch it on gogoanime.io for free.
>>
>>34912641
>streaming things illegally
Reported to the FBI have fun in prison you sick fuck.
>>
is it actually good? I've heard people say that, I only ever masturbate to some of the best shotacon which usually happens to be Gon x Killua, but I've never seen the series.
Also I don't like series that don't have an ending, like fucking one piece, just fucking milking that shekel by making endless chapters about muh friendship and with ultimately no concrete resolution, it's all about stalling a basic ass "the good badass vs the evil badass".
No, I just remembered why I hate endless series. tyvm
>>
>>34913871

By "shonenshit" standards it's very good. Just like all of them it suffers a little from dragging on at times, "the power of friendship", bit of deus ex machina, bit too much narrative and explanatory dialogue at times. But it's got "the heart in the right place".

kek, yOda-sensei is king. One Piece has been airing for nearing 20 fucking years now, it's amazing in its own right. I have a little One Piece ritual every sunday morning. With all shows of this sort one will probably have to count the arcs and their conclusions rather than the overall storyline. In the case of HxH I'd say it ends properly enough, the initial goal of the protagonist is fulfilled in the end, although by then so many side stories and characters have been added one wants more conclusions.

>>34912495
Maybe the previous anon already made the call for you, but whether you see it first or 2nd, don't skip out on Champloo, anon..

>>34912222
Inclined to agree with this gentleman, as much as I loved HxH, FMA has the edge.
>>
>>34914247
naw man, I watched one piece up to the Gecko Moria season. At that point I couldn't help but feel I was watching the exact same thing for the fifth time.
>>
Best Fights:
1) Chairman vs Ant King
2) Gon vs Hanzo
3) Uvogin vs Shadow Beasts

Best Characters:
1) Ant King
2) Leorio
3) Gon
4) Killua
5) Welfin
6) Youpi
7) Uvogin
8) Hisoka
9) Meleoron
10) Feitan
>>
>>34911854
these rumours have been around for decades lol, it will never happen
>>
>>34912222
FMA had far less interesting fight scenes, although it also had fantastic characterization. I think FMA had a somewhat underwhelming ending, but then again HxH will have no ending so what can you say.

HxH is way better than YYH though. It's not even a contest.
>>
>>34910680
No, Togashi is too buys playing idolmaster.
>>
>>34910680
>best anime ever
But it isn't, only two arcs stand out and the latter one only stands out at a certain point.
>>
>>34915791
>>34915791
The characterization of HxH is pretty garbage next to YYH's.
>>
>>34915863
>only two arcs stand out
No. These are good:
-Hunter Exam
-Killua Rescue Arc

These are incredible:
-York New Arc
-Chimera Ant Arc

These are okay:
-Greed Island
-Alluka

I don't know if it will ever be finished, but boat arc is good so far.
>>
>>34915913
Absolutely not. Which YYH characters do you think are on par with Gon or the Ant King? Leorio precursor was great, multiple personality gaunt fag was great, and other than that the characters are nothing out of the ordinary as far as anime goes.
>>
>>34915915
Hunter Exams isn't great but it's alright. Killua Rescue Arc is ok. Greed Island is a snorefest. Alluka arc is whatever. Chimera Ant and York New are the ones I had in mind and CA only really stands out during the invasion.

If you only have two "great" arcs out of many then that hardly counts as the best anime ever.
>>
File: 135703103419l.jpg (56KB, 482x404px) Image search: [Google]
135703103419l.jpg
56KB, 482x404px
>>34915526

Tut-tut,,, lots of cool stuff beyond the Thriller Bark arc mane, you're missing out!
>>
>>34915957
Gon is fucking shit.

Literally every single character worth a damn in YYH is better than Gon.

All Gon has is that garbage about going crazy over Kites death and aside from that he remains stale as shit.

Meruem's pretty fine though.
>>
File: Ajimu_Original.jpg (1MB, 1920x2550px) Image search: [Google]
Ajimu_Original.jpg
1MB, 1920x2550px
Long-time Hunterfag here

It's definitely one of the top shounens, but it'll take Togashi a lot of work to outdo Nisio's Medaka Box
>>
>>34915967
Hunter Exams is great. Hisoka was an incredibly unnerving character, and it had one of the best fights in the series (Gon vs Hanzo). Killua Rescue Arc isn't as good as Hunter Exam, but it's still good (the highlight is probably the final conversation between Killua and his father). CA was awful until the Ant King was born, but then it was excellent. Tower Arc was alright but it had some really good fights (Hisoka vs Kastro, Hisoka vs Gon). I agree on Greed Island and Alluka.

It's a bore at times, but it also has fantastic characters and memorable scenes. When it's good it's as good as any manga can be.

>>34916041
No, he isn't. Gon is the fulfillment of Goku's character potential, totally innocent, to the point of being amoral and capable of unbridled rage and excessive cruelty (Luffy is another Goku clone, but he has more levity and isn't as well thought out thematically). The relationship between Killua and Gon, where Killua considers Gon his first friend and thinks only Gon can accept him despite being a sort of snobbish murderer, and therefore is fiercely protective of him, while Gon is honest and loyal to the point of fearlessness and vulnerability, is much better than any character interaction in YYH.

YYH has a bunch of prototype Hunter X Hunter characters (Kuwabara = Leorio, Urameshi = Gon, Hiei = Killua, and Kurama = Kurapika), and only Gon and Killua are substantial improvements, but HxH also has a far richer, more interesting supporting cast, particularly in the Ant Arc.
>>
>>34916080
Good taste. Medaka Box is my favorite Nisio, but I'd take HxH over it because there's less weird shit in HxH that doesn't translate as a bizarre non sequitur. Kumagawa's my favorite character.
>>
>>34916205
Weird shit? You probably mean all the meta comedy and general fourth wall breaking

It's a big reason why I like it so much, one of the only manga that really pulled off being meta as fuck
>>
>>34916181
The relationship between Gon and Killua just feels like a typical best friends sort of thing with Killua being a bit clingy.

It's not really better than Yusuke and Kuwaba by any stretch of the imagination.

Kuwabara is nothing like Leorio and is more like Knuckle, Gon is absolutely nothing like Yusuke, Hiei is a BIT similar to Hiei but not by much, Kurama and Kurapika are about as similar as Hiei and Killua.

I never really understood those comparisons aside from it being a main group of 4.
>>
File: Boy.gif (111KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Boy.gif
111KB, 1280x1024px
How is the dub by the way?

Been a while since I watched the series but I've never seen it dubbed so I'm just wondering about the quality.
>>
>>34916303
>just feels like a typical best friends sort of thing with Killua being a bit clingy.
That's you being bad at this. There's a reason a ton of people think Killua's gay.

>Kuwabara is nothing like Leorio and is more like Knuckle
All three of these characters are fairly similar.

>Gon is absolutely nothing like Yusuke
This is true, actually, but Gon has a defined, interesting character, Yusuke is just a typical, delinquent male tsundere.

>Hiei is a BIT similar to Hiei but not by much
Killua's way better.

>Kurama and Kurapika are about as similar as Hiei and Killua.
Kurama's way better.
>>
I haven't watched it because I heard it was plebbit

Stuck watching seasonal cute girl shows because those are the only /a/pproved anime here
>>
HxH is for normies
>>
>>34916393
I know about the Killua being gay thing, he's pretty homo.

Gon isn't interesting in the slightest, it's true that Yusuke is simple but his personality is easily more enjoyable than Gon's which is barely noticeable.

Also Killua is pretty damn lame.

I wish Leorio wasn't Literalwholio with how little screentime he got, both Kurapika and Leorio are better than Gon and Killua yet the wrong duo got the big screentime.

Then Dark Continent Arc came and was going to change that hopefully but then the hiatus shit went crazy.
>>34916428
It's better than most of the shit /a/ fawns over.

Letting /a/ control what you watch is pretty silly.
>>
>>34916495
Kurapika's awful, an obnoxious exposition machine with nothing interesting going on. I like Leorio and wish I would see more of him, though. Anyways, if Togashi keeps on in the current direction you may get your wish.
>>
>>34911816
Yorknew arc was great mostly because it was character driven (Kurapika) and not Dragon Ball Z-type fighting and powering up
>>
>>34916543
APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATELY TO KURAPIKA
>>
>>34916543
Kurapika isn't great I know but I feel he had more potential to be interesting than Gon and Killua.

Wish we had Leorio and not Literallywholio.
>>
>>34916549
Yeah, same for Chimera arc because of Meruem. And I liked election arc too because of Pariston. He is an interesting character.
>>
>>34916579
The current direction Kurapika is going in is interesting if you're up to date with the manga. I like how he is in the Zodiacs and now on the ship. Also for once it is nice that Killua and Gon are not in the picture.
>>
>>34916619
I know about it, I'm up to date.

Was hyped over Hisoka killing the PT but then we got the hiatus and now I have to wait.

The fight between Chrollo and Hisoka is just ok though.
>>
>>34916656
Yeah, the fight was ok and I loved how Hisoka just killed 3 of those! Waiting for him and Kurapika to gang up, because I think Chrollo can only be defeated if those 2 join up. Also wanna see what is Beyond and Ging nen. There are just so many characters and storylines at the moment.
>>
>>34912222
Im going to rant here, sorry.
Ill never understand why people like fma so much. Alchemy just seems like magic they are trying to justify as science. Alchemy cant fucking hold a candle to the nen system, as it just feels like being a good alchemist has all to do with talent, and what the plot needs. Need the protag to do some crazy strong alechemy here? boom there you go he can summon mountains.

The main character felt like an annoying brat that never really changes over the course of the series too.

The villians were all one dimensional compared to HxH's villians besides a few.

I always felt like i knew what would happen. I knew there would be a final showdown with father. I knew he would save Al. I never felt like the protagonists were in real danger. They were just journeying to their enevitable destiny. The show centers far to heavily on the brother's backstory and boohoo, how sad it is. Everything that happened felt predictable.

In HxH, i thought it would be the same. Gon would be unstoppable. He would never get truly hurt, and he would find his father and fullfill his dream/destiny. Kurapika would be the nice fellow friend. Killua would be the rival etc. But this didnt happen. There was a moment, I realized gon was different, but it wasnt Gon that was truly different from other protagonists, it was the outcomes of his actions. The thing about Gon is that he WAS just like a true shonen protagonist. He tries his hardest, he's headstong, and he's one dimensional like goku when he was young. But this headstrong and unfaltering attitude and moral compass fuck Gon hard. There's a point where i was legit thinking, 'holy fuck Gon is literally insane, is he really going to survive?' The same goes with the other characters. They almost all subvert expectations. I found myself loving characters i hated earlier and hating ones i loved. HxH hunter feels like it is constantly evolving itself, whereas full metal alchemist feels like a straight line.
>>
It's alright. Yorknew arc was by far the best, the PT is pretty interesting though I didn't care much for Kurapika's godly powers. Chimera Ant arc was decent but it dragged for way too long. Meruem and the girl were pretty nice though.

It's hard to check everyone's power levels sometimes, feels like it's inconsistent and depending on what the author needs at the moment. Gon transforming into an adult had me in tears laughing, just so over the top stupid. I'm glad he and Killua are out of the picture, keep the focus on the interesting characters, Togashi.

Story 5/10, characters a solid 8.
>>
>>34917298
Oh please, Gon will never die. He may get hurt and sometimes lose, but it will always be sunshine and peaches for him in the end. He's as stereotypical shonen protag as it gets. It's the rest of the characters that are truly interesting. The best stuff in the series, for me, don't involve him or Killua.
>>
>>34916556
No. Off to your schlicking corner scumbag.
>>
>>34915718
where is bisky on your list?
>>
File: tumblr_o5a4jrlSlL1udh5n8o1_500.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5a4jrlSlL1udh5n8o1_500.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>The lack of respect shown to Chrollo
>The lack of respect shown to Netero

Why is this board so ungrateful?
>>
>>34917623
Gon may not change, but killua has already changed over the series more than most characters, and hes likely to change again as he matures and is forced to take steps to take over the family business. Even if Gon hasnt changed that much, hes made some questionable descisions in the past. Thats more than most 'perfect', 'good hearted' protagonists.
>>
Why did the hype up the Heaven's Arena floor bosses just to get bored and leave?
>>
File: KissAlready.gif (1MB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
KissAlready.gif
1MB, 500x228px
> When I try to explain why Meruemu is more human than Gon
>>
File: BTFO.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Kurapicunts a little overpowered bitch
>>
File: 1487036751510.jpg (77KB, 653x590px) Image search: [Google]
1487036751510.jpg
77KB, 653x590px
>>34919215
>Implying gon would've killed anyone not directly involved in the death of kite (Kamugi was an ally of the ants and she was in the way of his revenge so she counts as evil)
>Implying Meruem wouldn't have shifted toward pragmatism and started eating humans just like humans eat animals
>>
>>34915967
>Greed Island is a snorefest
Get out. OUT.
>>
>>34919052
>Gon may not change
He did change after meeting his father.
>>
>>34919401
It was. The only good arc was Yorknew and parts of Chimera Ant. Parts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otnBHl8gqb8
is he our guy?
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.