[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've dun fucked up boys. >Be me >Have anxiety all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1483552523729.jpg (66KB, 875x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483552523729.jpg
66KB, 875x960px
I've dun fucked up boys.

>Be me
>Have anxiety all of my life
>Junior year of high school
>Get a job
>Too anxious to refuse getting pushed around, end up taking on like 30-40 hour work weeks along with school
>Perpetual fatigue, no sexual drive
>Start missing a lot of school
>Think I'm hormone deficient desu
>Go to doctor
>Diagnosis: you hate yourself
>Fucc
>Get prescribed SSRI anti-depressants
>No help, and actually starts eating away at my entirety
>More anxious than ever
>More robotic than ever
>Perpetual self-disgust
>Become self-destructive and drink almost every night for a few months
>Doctor described my out-of-character actions like drinking as psychotic episodes

I'm now 18 and technically in my senior year of high school. I'm receiving credit recovery for 5 hours a week now, and otherwise not involved in school. After discovering that anti-depressants are nothing more than a cancer and stopping them completely, I've made progress in recovery. But I'm still missing a mass amount of credits, along with the stigma of apparent schizophrenia. (Even though I don't hallucinate, have delusions, or act impulsively.) My whole world is fucked sideways. What do?
>>
>>34907962
should have told your doctor the anti-depressants were hurting you, prescribing anti-depressants is a long process that has no better method other than trial and error.
>>
>>34907962
>in hs
>NOT UDERAGE IM 18!!11!! GUYS IM 18!!!!!!
fuck off
>>
>>34907986
There's a lot of things that I *should* have done, but didn't. It's an effect of the anxiety that I go about certain issues that should have been done alternatively. I need to know what I should do before I act-- so I can take initiative, instead of being told about what I should have done.
>>
>>34907962
Most people need to try more than one antidepressant before finding one that fits them. I had to try 3 before it worked.

Also, if you have anxiety on top your doctor probably should have prescribed you SNRIs instead.
>>
>>34908015
I was browsing the god forsaken site long before I was 18.
>>
>>34908060
you dont need to tell me how edgy you are cunt
s
a
g
e
>>
Don't worry about the lost year of highschool. I know it looks bad now but nobody will care about it after you graduate college [assuming you intend to do that, US higher ed seems fucked].

And yeah, tell the doc that the meds aren't working.
>>
>>34908051
I've been on several-- I'm not going to use them anymore, there are more effective ways than drugs.
>>
Seems obvious that you were overloaded and stressed out. The reasonable thing to do would've been to stop working or cut the hours heavily and see a therapist to get skills in coping with anxiety. Psych meds should be a last resort.
>>
why did you quit school instead of your job
>>
>>34907962
>I'm now 18
You are a normalfag. Kill yourself.
>>
>>34908089
I'm afraid of how I am to get into college. Even if the credits can be restored, I lack any scholarships, missed the ACT, and can't join the military-- meaning I can only choose to take on crushing debt to go to college with no plan other than the raw pursuit of knowledge.
Which is justifiable, it just doesn't sit well with the anxiety.
>>
>>34907962
Stop taking your antidepressants.
>>
>>34908186
Read the damn post before you respond.
>>
>>34908138
all American colleges are expensive unless you have a scholarship? That's harsh

Assuming the job you want requires a degree, and you have the initiative, you could go to a country with free college I guess. I'm most familiar with Germany which is not an option if you don't know the language, but I think Netherlands or Denmark [not sure which] had cheap college too. Gotta research if you're allowed to study there as an American, of course.
>>
File: 1487113376986.jpg (25KB, 325x266px) Image search: [Google]
1487113376986.jpg
25KB, 325x266px
>>34907962
Don't blame yourself too much. you where alone, and nobody really cared. good luck op
>>
File: 1448171261170.png (284KB, 561x518px) Image search: [Google]
1448171261170.png
284KB, 561x518px
>>34907962
Practice inhaling as slowly as possible (minimizing pauses, jerkiness, noisiness, and shallowness in the breath), holding the breath as long as possible, exhaling slowly as possible, and holding the lungs empty as long as possible, and repeat this at least 20 times twice a day. After a few weeks your body and mind will become super efficient and calm and you'll have overwhelming energy and focus.

Also school and college is bullshit. Why piss your whole life away so someone else can rake money in from your time? There's infinite possibilities and opportunities out there to make a living with. I know they can be hard to see when your mind is so clouded with anxiety, but give this breathing exercise a try and you'll see how easy life can be. Everything will become a joke.
>>
Just chill the fuck out and finish high school. You're 18.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.