[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>forced to get a job >lots of socialization and dealing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

File: 1479015237239.gif (182KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479015237239.gif
182KB, 480x270px
>forced to get a job
>lots of socialization and dealing with the public
>try to quit on my 2nd week
>boss encourages me to stay
>feel guilty about causing a burden, so I stay
>feel like everyone hates me at work for a couple months
>now been working there 4 months now
>Now all my customer interactions are pretty much stuff I memorized to say and I don't really have any trouble with it
>co-workers starting to like me
>start to join in on conversations with them sometimes
>they all start talking about anime one day, even obscure stuff I haven't even seen
>one of them asks if I watch anime (because they said I seem like the type)
>today we start talking about waifus and stuff
>one of them says he is surprised I'm actually talking since when I first started I was quiet and never talked to anyone
>tfw I was probably looking like an idiot and smiling all the time because I hadn't had any social interaction like that before
>>
File: gentleman.jpg (114KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
gentleman.jpg
114KB, 1366x768px
>>34904060
this fills me with hope

I hope we all make it
>>
File: 1479802437471.png (169KB, 363x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479802437471.png
169KB, 363x270px
>>34904173

It was hard, even though I still get anxiety each time I have to deal with a customer, I doubt that will ever change. It must be in my nature.

I think I might be lucky with my current situation, since it's like 100% guys where I work so it's a different environment. Throw a girl in the mix, and it will go to shit.
>>
File: gud.jpg (28KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
gud.jpg
28KB, 525x481px
>>34904060
Stay strong anon - ojujunal
>>
>>34904343
trust me anon, you will get used to eat, unless you believe you got yourself an unlimited source of excitement, just make sure that you rest well, we tend to cope with stree much better when well rested
>>
>>34904060
>watching anime
And given that you watch anime:
>normie coworkers knowing more about anime than you
>>
>>34904343
>>34904482see? nothing is a constant

I just developed dislexia
>>
>>34904506

Well, they watch stuff I'm not really interested in.

Like that one basketball anime and stuff like that.
>>
>>34904506
It's a thin line. A good friend of mine who invest more time than me in anime somehow managed to get:

1) a girlfriend
2) a non-dead end job
3) a car

well before me
>>
>>34904060
>one of them says he is surprised I'm actually talking

Just a heads up: this kind of snide comment is an attempt to beat you back down, ignore it though; people get weirded out and mad when you start to break out of the preconceived notions that they built around you.
>>
I have 1 co-worker that uses the chan and one that uses Tumblr, ain't much but compared to the rest of normies they keep me entertained
>>
>>34904060
Where do you work anon?
orgisnail?
>>
File: tomato.jpg (69KB, 831x981px) Image search: [Google]
tomato.jpg
69KB, 831x981px
>>34904060
wonderful news, reading this made me feel all warm inside.

i'm glad things are going well for you
>>
>>34904585
This is the kind of cynical bullshit that makes you turn an encouragement/nice surprise compliment or even neutral observation into an assault on your self esteem and perpetuates the learned hopelessness cycle.
>>
>>34904060
Honestly, I was like most of the dudes on this board until I worked in customer service. Forced normie interaction is like socialization bootcamp.
>>
>>34905126
>neutral observation
>from a normie
Which reality do you live in.
>>
>>34905187

You must be pretty self-loathing if you think ALL normies are out to get you.
>>
>>34905205
Well I'm the center of the universe so...
>>
File: reese burger.jpg (236KB, 935x738px) Image search: [Google]
reese burger.jpg
236KB, 935x738px
>>34905230
you're fat and perpetually collapsing inward due to your own weight?
>>
>smiling all the time

You are a normie.
>>
>>34905205
This is a very obvious thing that all normies do. Obvious to us but not to normies. Normies are in a never ending pissing contest with every other human being on this planet. Attacking other men is beneficial to themselves so they can secure resources and sexual partners. OP has become a threat to other mens position in the tribe (workplace) so he is being derided in a way that normies know would affect another normie. Problem is, OP isn't a normie and does not suffer from neurotypical thinking process therefore he is not affected.
>>
File: 1482621323058.jpg (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482621323058.jpg
132KB, 500x500px
>>34905373
b-but...
>>34905521
said I'm not a normie!
>>
>>34905521

This is some autism my dude. Social situations aren't so black and white.
>>
>>34904585
how can you think this way? people make observations and comment on them. not everything is a game of social etiquette and trying to one-up another person.
>>
Failed normalfags make me sick. Stop browsing reddit9k, normalfag.
>>
>>34905820
Well the problem with social situations is I am forced to be social with you and can't kill you with a spear if you insult me. So you're right, social situations today are not black and white, but our biology is.
>>
>>34906063

You're seriously thinking about it way too much and too pessimistically. It doesn't work like that.
>>
>>34905205
>out to get you
That's just how people are, one upmanship and pissing contests just seem to be how most conversations are founded. It's not about being specifically out to get anyone, that's just stupid and egotistical.
>>
>>34906177

Every situation is a status game. Everything you say or do can be used against you. They will never let up for a single moment, because they consider it extremely important to win at any cost.
>>
>>34906177
But it does work like that. Your lack of autism is preventing you from thinking deeply and fully analyzing human-ape behavior.
You can't just pretend the social hierarchy of our species doesn't exist.
>>
>>34907286
>autists recognize social constructs better than neurotypicals
>>
>>34907368
A neurotypical would know alot more than us about this stuff. The difference is we are giving an external overview while they can give you a detailed in depth analysis because they live inside the construct and deal with it everyday. They may not even realize it's a construct, it's just their life and how things are for them.
>>
>>34907461
they'd just know instinctively how to talk to people and never have had it any different. no conscious disassembly
>>
>>34907461
>they might not even know it's a construct
Haven't spent alot of time around college kids, huh? A better phrasing for your sentiment would be
>most people can't see how culture is created or why it's influential
>>
File: 1475307233434.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475307233434.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>fucking normies taking over anime
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I FUCKIN HATE EVERYTHING
>>
>>34907570

One of them told me he does gundam building contests. (He is probably the biggest normie) He is always flirting with girls and even hooked up with someone where we work within 2 weeks of him starting)

The other is actually the assistant manager and he is a bit older than us. I wouldn't say he is a normie, but he has done some normie stuff.

Others are total normies who watch basic stuff.
>>
File: 1475253815562.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475253815562.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>34907612
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Fucking youtube niggers made anime mainstrem by their OH SO HILARIOUS ((((((((HUMOR))))))) fuck this fuck everything fuck everyone glad I'm killing myself this year
>LOOK ANON I'M SUCH A COSPLAY CUTE NERD GIRL HAHA! DON'T SEXUALIZE ME !
>>
>>34904060
Yay good for you anon
>>
>>34904060
i literally love you anon. god speed
>>
Going through this currently
>be working at a deli for 6 months
>smoke weed before work every day, helps with the social anxiety
>particularly high this morning
>coworker asks me about something I like
>actually manage to talk for more than 10 seconds
>coworker just looking at me?
>"...is... is everything ok?"
>"yeah, I'm just kinda surprised, I actually heard your voice this time"
>>
>>34904060

My development was the exact opposite:

>unifag and short on cash
>decide I will find myself a job to get some money and have some beacon of stabillity in my shitty life
>not exactly the point of all attention in social meetings, but I can handle myself
>coworkers are nice enough, quickly get accustomed and joke around with them
>customers are absolute shit, but I also manage to be friendly and diffuse conflicts
>think that all of this might help me to improve my social skills

>work there for half a year now and am more bitter and reclusive than ever
>developed self-destructive habits which affect me in university
>avoid friends and hate social contact in general, now not from anxiety but sheer disgust
>always arrive at my job looking like a zombie, unfriendly to customers and coworkers, laze through the day
>they still keep me for some reason, I would welcome them firing me desu
>sat over my contract termination several times, never could finish it because:
>muh money
>muh schedule
>muh responsibillity
>all I ever do with the money is buying vidya anyway

They say you learn a lot about yourself by doing shitty odd jobs, if I learned anything from this one, it is that I genuinely fucking hate people.
>>
>>34907666
satan pls calm
>>
>>34905142
>Forced normie interaction is like socialization bootcamp
That's how I learned, 10 years of working retail as an undiagnosed sperg. It's hell but at least I can somewhat pass as a normie.
>>
>>34904585
That depends entirely on how the comment was delivered.
>>
File: degradation of a fanbase.jpg (827KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
degradation of a fanbase.jpg
827KB, 2404x1260px
>>34907666
allowing women to access cons were a mistake
>>
been at my current job for over 7 months and i never left the silent autist stage

im sure all my coworkers think im a fucking creep
>>
File: 1487097958744.jpg (98KB, 485x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487097958744.jpg
98KB, 485x960px
>Wageslaves

Is it weird I feel jealous of you? Wasting away in front of my computer is awful, I'm 20 and I've been doing it for 3 years now. There's no hope for me at this point.
>>
>>34908822
No there probably isn't. Keep wasting away until you die at the ripe age of 37
>>
>>34908822
id love to imdulge in the neet life right now, i know id get bored of it after a while but by god just one month of neeting it it out would be great

ive been wageslaving without respite since last July
>>
>>34908878
>>34908858
Being neet isn't awful, but having no drive is.

The thing that hurts the most is the crushing feeling of disappointment from everyone around you.
>>
>>34908899
having a job does not guarantee gaining drive. im only just barely motivated enough at work to perform at thr base minimum not to get fired, and when im at home i never do anything peoductive at all.
>>
File: 1487238354600.jpg (215KB, 1364x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1487238354600.jpg
215KB, 1364x2048px
>>34904554
normies do not know about kuroko no basket

they are robots in disguise. tread carefully and be safe, anon.
>>
>>34904506
>>34904556
To add to this my neighbor is as weeb looking as you can get and has been happily married to a hot girl even though he is basically a NEET. I think we like the idea that our hobbies and fetishes are the wall stopping us from finding a successful life but the more I look out their the more I think it's either us, we got shitty luck or a combination of the two .
>>
>>34908784
I have never agreed with that chart for several reasons, but I get that people want safe havens to ignore the world they lost. Then again I never see running as a good choice.
>>
>>34908974
Care to elaborate on those reasons?
>>
>>34904554
So Slam Dunk is obscure to you?
KEK
>>
>>34908974
The chart is correct. Maybe it's making you feel guilty, have you destroyed some communities in your time?
>>
File: qeuu6uo1_1280.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
qeuu6uo1_1280.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
>>34909083
For starters it's called degeneration of a fanbase/hobby but the first panel is"started by close friends" that's almost never the case unless projecting your personal into into the hobby. Most hobbies that people pick up were commercialized long before they even knew what it was and it has always been the goal to cast a wide net, every generation wants to think it's new for them but it isn't, every product is trying to get as many people as they can hobby or fanbase. The next panel again is just talking on a personal level not the fandom as a whole however once again most people that start gathering for a hobby were never close friend to begin with and are the next three panels, you just accepted them because that was what you saw as normal, everything that came after them wasn't to you normal but really it's just same shit different day. That leads us into the last few panels where they see this larger core audience as some new intruder when the reality is they forget that most got into it before it was mainstream and even the few that tried it post after are wanting to try what it is not what it could be. Every hobby from magic cards to video games has had the same garbage to good ration and every fool thinks what garbage they grew up with it the best and the new shit is for the wider audience when the reality is they were part of that wider audience they just didn't see it that way because it was normal for their start to be what it was.

Basically it's all grandpa Simpson.
>>
>>34909259
not at all. I'm 38 and have seen all the fun changes in table top, paper pencil, video games, and many other hobbies and it all stays the same it's just the older crowd seems to always view the newer crowd as threats, when I was playing DnD in the 90s we had girls in the same number as we do now(sometimes I wonder if we had more). Every other set in magic cards had this anger it was applying to the new market regardless of the quality of the set, and naturally every video game generation is worse than the last even though we had doom and mario clones in greater volume then current fps craze.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.