[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>look at mom today >she's a lot older than I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 16

File: 91f.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
91f.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>look at mom today
>she's a lot older than I remember
Not like this
>>
File: CEASE.png (116KB, 589x493px) Image search: [Google]
CEASE.png
116KB, 589x493px
>>34903269
>mom isn't going to be around forever
FUCK YOU OP
>>
File: feell4.png (378KB, 536x469px) Image search: [Google]
feell4.png
378KB, 536x469px
>when my mother dies I will have no one to talk to
>will literally lose everyone in my life at one time when she goes because no friends and never a gf
I don't know how I would take it.
>>
File: enoughpepe.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
enoughpepe.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
>dad's been starting lectures with 'me and your mom are not always going to be around'
fuck
>>
File: 6wut.png (345KB, 598x433px) Image search: [Google]
6wut.png
345KB, 598x433px
>what are you going to do when I'm gone Anon?
>>
File: 1487193723551.jpg (53KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1487193723551.jpg
53KB, 440x440px
>>34903404
i feel the same way bro. hope i go before she does
>>
Who /oldparents/ here? My dad is about 70 and im still in my 20's. Mom is about to retire too.
>>
Its game over once they go.
>>
>>34903535
Me. My mom is 58, my dad is 59, and I just turned 20. It makes me sad that they're going to be gone one of these days (especially because both are major smokers)
>>
>>34903535
My friend has parents that old
It always creeped me out because he acts like an old man
>>
>>34903269

looking at your mother in the eyes

fuck off normie
>>
>>34903636
That's a 10 year difference anon
My parents in their late 50s too, sucks watching them just fall apart
>>
File: 1486074379377.png (573KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1486074379377.png
573KB, 1106x1012px
>>34903269
>the second mommy and daddy dies, I'll be forced to live on the streets
>>
File: 1482380928672.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1482380928672.png
42KB, 655x509px
>come back from french foreign legion last year after not seeing or talking to family in 5 years
>find out mom died two years ago
I think you can guess my reaction.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 474x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 474x395px
>>34903535
>>34903654
sup bros.
>23
>mom and dad 67 & 68
>attitude of an old man just like anon said

its gonna suck so bad
>>
>>34903715
that's sad, anon, sorry to hear that
may I ask what it was like in the FFL and how you came to be there? That's rather interesting
>>
File: f3Gr1Ac.png (501KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
f3Gr1Ac.png
501KB, 1102x967px
>>34903451
My mom's doing the same thing
She even told me about her life insurance man
>>
File: 1feel22.png (225KB, 482x320px) Image search: [Google]
1feel22.png
225KB, 482x320px
>when the life insurance man comes over
>>
>>34903831
Thanks anon, I appreciate it.
The FFL is a good choice for robots with the discipline for physical fitness.
It gives you a new start in life, after you're out you'll have enough money saved up to start a new life. If you want you can apply for French citizenship and buy a small house in a small, french village. I find that a comfy thought and maybe I will do just that.

The FFL has also downsides though. You are cannon fodder and you'll be sent to shit holes.
I was in Mali fighting Boko Haram for example. And since you're not a French citizen the government doesn't have any second thoughts sending you into dangerous zones. After all, it's not French blood being spilled.
But if you don't care because your life is shit, then you're good to go.
And besides that, Africa is a really humid and hot place, not pleasant at all.

How I came to be there? I was 20 and just lost my dream job. I only had a high school diploma and couldn't go to college or university. I worked a few shitty min. wage jobs here and there but I thought that is not a life I want to live until I'm old.
So I just decided to say fuck it and leave everything behind. I packed a few things, took a train to Aubaugne and that's it.
>>
>>34903269
>there is a chance your mom will get really ill and suffer greatly before dying
>there is a chance that your mom will go senile in her old age to the point of forgetting who you are
>there is a chance that your mom will go through a dreadful, pathetic old age, needing a wheelchair, diapers and constant care
fuck she doesn't deserve any of that
>>
>>34903715

Where you really in in the FFL?

can you tell me what regimen

I have had a shitty robot life and am considering leaving my rural suburban hellhole

Don;t got any friends, no employment options, not in college, 1500 dollars to my name

Do you think its worth it?
>>
>>34903535
Here I'm 23 mom passed last January at 69 dad 82 has Parkinson's with a fractured hip in the hospital waiting for surgery. Hoping everything will be alright.
>>
>>34903987
That's really cool, anon!
When I was 19 I wanted to join the FFL but I was too much of a pussy to do it. I probably still am but I still think about it sometimes. I can't imagine packing up and leaving home for five years.
>>
>>34904099
I'm sorry man.

I'm 24, mom is 66. I don't want to live without her.
>>
>>34904044
I was in the 2e REI.

I was in exactly the same situation as you, friend. The FFL is a good option to fall back on if you're in a situation like that with no perspective.
I think it's worth it. Just give it a shot and see if you get accepted. And if you, you'll probably have a new outlook and plans for your life after the Legion. With the money you saved up you can also maybe buy a small house, start your own company or whatever.

Where do you live now and are you physically fit?

>>34904111
I understand you, it's a tough decision to make. But I trust in you that you do the right thing when the time comes. If you're too reluctant now, you're not ready yet.
Give it time, maybe your life will pan out properly and there is no need for the Legion anymore.
>>
File: ol1s5nzdam1y.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ol1s5nzdam1y.png
53KB, 200x200px
>mommy starts the talk about how she will be too old one day
>she thinks I will outlive her
that bitch is in for quite a surprise
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 1166x878px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 1166x878px
>>34903269
Same here. I was at the Doctor the other day talking to my mom and realized her face is starting to sag like a grandma. I could have sworn I didn't see that the day before. Eventually one day she'll look elderly like my grandma did.

THEN I REMEMBER I'M 23 AND SHE'S ALREADY 56. TIME IS GOING TOO FAST.
>>
>>34904182
>maybe your life will pan out properly and there is no need for the Legion anymore
I hope so
thanks for sharing your story, anon
>>
>>34904182

I am currently in living in Rural American Midwest.I am pretty /fit/, lift 3 days a week (strength training and compound lifts, not bodybuilding), do cardio 1 or two days a week

I read a book about some Mexican/American who joined the Legion. He said that there was a lot of abuse and boredom. If I join, am i going to get my head beaten with a shovel? or is that just sensationalism

I am an 18 year old robot, so I am a young guy

I am very lonely and I deal with suicidal thoughts everday.

When i said I have no friends i meant it. I just go work my shitty minimum wage job and go home.

I need out.
>>
>>34904250
>Tfw mom used to invite me to hangout all the time when I was little and had no friends and I would say no because i secretly blamed her for my lack of friends, she no longer has time to hangout with me
>>
The Foreign Legion is turning people away nowadays, don't expect to get in.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/i-tried-joining-the-french-foreign-legion
>>
>>34904507
>https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/i-tried-joining-the-french-foreign-legion

This article was a couple of years before the terror attacks, from what I have read recruitment has gone up since then

I also heard they turn away the criminals and the illiterate 3 worlders, not your average western, educated, English speaking robot.
>>
>>34904452
Boredom? Yes, some days. Abuse? No. At least not actual abuse. If you fuck up, there will be consequences. But that goes for everything in life.
You won't get your head beaten in with a shovel but you'll have to endure other forms of punishment and hardening up. But so will the others.

Just try it if you want to take the risk of wasting your money on a plane ticket. Because you might not get accepted for whatever reason.

>>34904507
That's not true, the Legion is always recruiting. Sometimes more, sometimes less. And that article is from 2014.
>>
>>34904579

So, how is life after the legion?
Are you interested in the PMC's?

How did you hear of the legion, and do you speak French Fluently now (That is, if your not a french native)

Also how was your homecoming? I don't know where you are from but even if there were problems at home, did they still welcome you back?

Thanks for answering my questions. My chance at getting into a good school look bleak at the moment, and am seriously considering this if things keep going the way they are.
>>
>>34904728
>So, how is life after the legion?
Hmm, hard to say. I would say it's normal? I have definitely matured a lot since I joined, so my view on the world is different now. Both positive and negative. I am currently unemployed and living with my father again. I'm taking care of him and we're living off of my savings.
As of now, I don't exactly know how my life will go from now but I will see.
>Are you interested in the PMC's?
Not really. Plus, I heard they're not very good anyways and their mortality rate is very high.
>How did you hear of the legion
From 4chan actually. It was recommended to me or someone else back then, I don't quite remember.
>do you speak French Fluently now
I wouldn't say fluent but I can converse with a French native decent enough.
The French you learn in the Legion though is rather military-related.
>Also how was your homecoming?
I was welcomed by my father, my two sisters, my uncle and my grandma. It was a small homecoming and nothing special, definitely not a celebration like you sometimes see in America when their son comes home from Iraq or Afghanistan.
I didn't have any trouble at home so there was no grudge between us or anything. And that was also when I found out that my mom has passed away while I was gone.
>>
>>34904947

These were some good answers. Any good stories you have from your 5 years?

Also, are you now a French Citizen, and do you plan to live in France again?
>>
File: 1465332515690.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465332515690.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>Mommy asks what I'm gonna do with her once she can't take care of herself
>Tell her I'm gonna take care of her myself
>Mfw I'm actually just going to stick her in a retirement home
dumb bitch
>>
>>34905035
Well, good stories? Sadly not. The only thing we did was drinking excessive amounts of alcohol in our free time and playing sports or going out. Nothing special.
And other than that, during times in Mali for example, it's just depressing over there. Lots of death and misery and it's nothing too pleasant to talk about.
Sorry to disappoint.

>are you now a French Citizen, and do you plan to live in France again?
I am not but if I want to, I can apply for it and I would get it.
Right now, I don't plan on going back to France yet. But maybe later. Future will tell.
>>
>>34903535
>gonna turn 20 in june
>father is 67 less than a week
>mother will be 52 within the next few months

This isn't fair, god dammit.
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>34903269
>Physically/sexually abused by both parents
>Grew up in shitty group home
>Aged out at 18
>Never had a normal family relationship, have no family support to this day

Get on my level.
>>
File: 1478047272490.jpg (20KB, 595x427px) Image search: [Google]
1478047272490.jpg
20KB, 595x427px
>live away from family but alway stayed close thanks to technology
>some nights you lie awake thinking there will be one day when dad and mom are not going to be a cell phone call away
>>
>>34905182

That's okay, its been a pleasure talking to you, and I hope you find something that fits you now that your out.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>34903269
>mom is 52
>honestly think she looks the same as she did 10 years ago
>>
>>34905342
Thanks, you too. And good luck on your future.
>>
>>34905370
Find a pic of her 10 years ago, you'd be surprised anon
>>
>my mom got laid off from her job today
>she's already 55
>I'm in no position to help her financially

I'm really worried about her but there isn't much I can do..
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.