[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that smart people often have social problems? Kim

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 13

File: 2-Kim-Ung-Yong–15.jpg (46KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
2-Kim-Ung-Yong–15.jpg
46KB, 500x508px
Why is it that smart people often have social problems?

Kim Ung-Yong
At age four, he scored over 200 on an IQ test normally given to seven-year-olds. At the age of 5, he appeared on Fuji TV in Japan and amazed guests by solving Differential Equations. Worked with NASA at age 10, earned a PhD at 15

>I led my life like a machine - I woke up, solved the daily assigned equation, ate, slept, and so forth.
>I was lonely and had no friends.

Literally a robot.
>>
Probably because they think too much and over-analyze everything - isn't that what social anxiety is mostly about?
>>
>>34895459

It's just that normies are stupid and not worth socializing with.
>>
Because we're janitors.
>>
>>34895459
Cause they're realizing that life as we know it is illogical. And nothing fucks up more a smart brain but the absence of logic.
>>
>>34895459
Sounds like he was railroaded into shit.
>>
>>34895459
because people of low iq don't understand us so we are reduce to a very small population of people of high iq who understand us.
>>
>>34895459
I'm dumb as fuck and have social problems, so...
>>
File: Picture-2-750736.png (29KB, 730x358px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-2-750736.png
29KB, 730x358px
They also are less likely to get laid.
>>
because he have actually diagnosed stuff in his head and gets tons of money.
We are just losers.
>>
>>34895790
>gets tons of money.
Many smart people die poor.

Ted Kaczynski with a reported IQ of 160 earned a PhD in mathematics at 21 and then lived as a hermit in the woods, occasionally working menial jobs.
>>
>>34895749
yeah because they are not idiots like bonobos who let themselves be control by their women. smart people probably see the exploitative part of the social dynamics between men and women.
>>
>>34895867
such a waste of potential.
>>
>>34895867
Ted is a special case. He was psychologically tortured by Henry Murray during his college years.
>>
>>34895909
What goals should he have pursued, and why?
>>
File: 1487097555779.jpg (36KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487097555779.jpg
36KB, 400x225px
>Have social problems
>Not smart

IT'S NOT FAIR RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!1!
>>
>>34895703
Don't say "us". You're not even capable of constructing a sentence.
>>
>>34895459
Asperger's or being on the autism spectrum to some degree.

That typical sort of smart if not genius person is lazer-focused on one aspect, typically a field that relate to physics or maths, but is completely incompetent in all others - including social intelligence.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is another example even though he's not a genius, he knows his astrophysics and is always ready to tweet out that a movie fucked up where the moon should be or whatever, but he's typically very ignorant when it comes to other matters like when he tweeted IF MAYANS ARE SO SMART HOW COME THEY NEVER INVENTED THE WHEEL HAHA which is some /pol/-tier shit. They did invent the wheel but had absolutely no use for it.

It's like when you start a new Fallout character or some other RPG where they let you take out points from other stats to dump even more into one or two stats.

>>34895867
That's another example of what I mean. The guy was razor-sharp in maths, but was a retard for thinking that putting bombs in mail packages would overthrow civilization or convince people that civilization is bad.
>>
>>34895909
Ted was not a waste of potential.

He became the most prolific domestic terrorist in American history and spread the good word of why industrialization was a mistake. He led a more meaningful life being an innawoods dwelling bomber than he ever would have being a human calculator for big brother.
>>
>>34896059
>convince people that civilization is bad.
He convinced me.
>>
File: 1483712369095.jpg (191KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483712369095.jpg
191KB, 960x640px
To intelligent for gf
>>
File: 1479984241978.jpg (134KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1479984241978.jpg
134KB, 807x935px
>>34896124
I wonder who draws all these.
>>
>>34895959
his legacy in math because mathematics is the closest representation of reality and we can obtain the powers of the gods with it.
>>
File: collecting firewood.jpg (69KB, 431x324px) Image search: [Google]
collecting firewood.jpg
69KB, 431x324px
>>34896101
"people", not one person here and there that was already inclined in believing that civilization is a mistake.

I know because I was an anarcho-primitivist myself.

Ted was just preaching to the choir, and for everyone else the message was just completely unheard or they just didn't agree with him.
>>
>>34895459
FUCK YOU OP FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Personal life
Kim is the father of two sons. He claims that even his coworkers did not know that he was a prodigy. In an interview with MBC on September 8, 2012, he claimed that the media had exaggerated many facts about his life.
>>
>>34896179
Well it's a documented fact that he solved differential equations at age 5.
>>
>>34895459
Actually you're wrong. Smart people are happier more attractive and more successful overall. They might take slightly longer to lose their virginity but they aren't robots. Just look at Feynman Einstein Russell or anyofthe other countless examples of math and science Chads
>>
>>34896147
What else could he have done?

It's not like he could say what he wanted to say in a more effective way. Most people will simply never be primmies, but it's worth trying anyway.
>>
>>34896205
Yeah but also look at Newton, Nietzsche, Tesla, Kant or any of those other genius nutjobs.
>>
>>34896213
it would have been useful if he pain-stakeningly edited his manifesto to clear it of mannerisms that his dickhead brother would recognize, or even better but possibly more cumbersome, find a like-minded individual capable of doing this for him

although i'm by no means a primitivist myself (honestly classic sci-fi novels have had a large impact on my worldview and principles/objectives), i certainly enjoyed his commentary on political leftists
>>
>>34896205
>Smart people are happier more attractive and more successful overall
You thinking of people smarter than average but not gifted ones.
>>
My iq is 120 max (probably lower now, was tested as a teen) and Im still a social fuckup

social fuckups resulting directly from a high iq usually starts at genius level

so if you're a social fuckup and youre iq is below like 99.5th percentile you're a failed normie
>>
or John Nash (schizophrenic)
or Kurt Goedel (paranoid)
>>
>>34896205
>Einstein
>happy

he become very depressed after contributing to the development of the nuclear bomb. also newton and tesla where not very happy people.
>>
>>34895657
>nothing fucks up more a smart brain but the absence of logic.
Except perhaps the absence of grammar
>>
>>34895909
Perhaps. He made his point in a very powerful way and his work has had a very profound impact on my life and I'm sure the life of many others aswell
>>
Normalfags just don't think very much. They listen to the TV and follow the leader.
>>
>>34896295
Tesla and Newton were gay and had half lovers.Nietzsche was no virgin and died from syphilis. Intelligent people have won the game if evolution. They have fewer kids but that's because quality matters more than quantity
>>
>>34895940
>He was psychologically tortured by Henry Murray during his college years
So Murray basically molded Ted as we know him now?
>>
>>34896313
Nope intelligent people do better in life in general. The idea that ugly meets with no life are the geniuses is a meme. People use it to cope with the fact that's he bullies who dominate the world are smarter than everyone else
>>
>>34896442
Wasn't Tesla in love with a bird?
>>
>>34895571
That's a lot of where mine comes from my fellow bot
>>
>>34896466
Not alone, there was more to it.
Ted was hospitalized for months as an infant and his mother described him as a "sober" baby from that point on. As if he was locked in.
Neighbors described him as an "adult" child.

Source: Biography Channel documentary
>>
>>34896213
>It's not like he could say what he wanted to say in a more effective way

as the saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

If his intention was to reach out to the average Joe and as many people as possible and spread the message of how civilisation was a mistake - then first attempting mass terrorism was not the way to boost the signal of his message, it was a sure-fire way of making that no one but the most extreme radicals would maybe bother with reading what he had to say.

He could have NOT been a terrorist, and keep at his job and slowly but surely wedge his anti-civ views into the mainstream.
>>
>>34896504
Exposed to MKUltra from birth?
>>
>>34896504
Without Murray he would have just been your run of the mill math phd asperger.
>>
File: pulp-fiction-samuel-l-jackson.jpg (36KB, 555x350px) Image search: [Google]
pulp-fiction-samuel-l-jackson.jpg
36KB, 555x350px
>>34896059
exactamundo. look at elon musk during presentations, he's stumbling and stuttering. compare it to some bullshit motivational speaker and his words sound like fucking gospel. promo skills is a different field.
>>
The only people who mourn high iq individuals with wasted potential are capitalists who didn't employ them.
>>
>>34896442
>Tesla and Newton were gay and had half lovers
They weren't. They were just crazy hence why they had so many bizarre beliefs about everything.
>Nietzsche was no virgin
It doesn't really count if you exclusively fuck prostitutes.

>They have fewer kids but that's because quality matters more than quantity
Not in the industrial world since now any genetic refuse can live a long life with many children.
>>
>>34896138
I have no idea but I would hug him
>>
>>34896511
If we had never done anything violent and had submitted the present writings to a publisher, they probably would not have been accepted. If they had been accepted and published, they probably would not have attracted many readers, because it's more fun to watch the entertainment put out by the media than to read a sober essay. Even if these writings had had many readers, most of these readers would soon have forgotten what they had read as their minds were flooded by the mass of material to which the media expose them. In order to get our message before the public with some chance of making a lasting impression, we've had to kill people.
--- http://cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt (96)
>>
>>34896511
>but surely wedge his anti-civ views into the mainstream.
That doesn't work.

That's what the vast majority of primmies do and they just wind up becoming unwilling slaves to the machine. Ted didn't take it, he committed the propaganda of the deed and it reached more people than basically any other anprim thinker.
>>
>>34896729
21 years later and civilization is stronger than ever and anarcho-primitivism is still a meme ideology that no one really takes seriously, not even other anarchists.
>>
>>34895459
ITT: robots pretending to be smart geniuses meanwhile they do nothing in their mom's basement except claim to be too intelligent for the le XD normans
>>
>>34896442
>Tesla and Newton were gay

better then being a cuck like elon musk who is getting divorce rape by his wife.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/money-and-power/news/a5499/elon-musk-talulah-riley-divorce/
>>
>>34896702
>They weren't. They were just crazy hence why they had so many bizarre beliefs about everything.
I think it's more like LGBT agenda of making more gay historic figures.
>>
>>34896803
Men seriously need to stay away from women. Don't even use them for sex just keep the fuck away from them.
>>
>>34896763
>That doesn't work.

Yeah?

Have you or has anyone ever tried? The guy was a RESPECTED mathematician, he wasn't some smelly vegan riding a unicycle down the streets of Portland or a crazy homeless person waving a knife around. Was. All that leverage and credibility he had was thrown out the window once he did what he did.
>>
>>34896442
Newton was a known permavirgin. He may have been tsundere for Leibniz but he certainly never fucked him (at least not literally lel)
>>
>>34896840
I care about brotherhood and I want to save the lives of my fellow men from committing suicide in a divorce because they were ignorant of the laws in marriage.
>>
>>34896840
/lgbt/ please not everyone wants to suck faggot "trap" dick
>>
>>34896803

Holy shit lmao ol
>>
>>34896915
You could just quit being an animal and caring about sex all the time.
>>
>>34896871
>Have you or has anyone ever tried?
Yes, you're basically advocating that he becomes the primmie version of Chomsky. Is the world any closer to anarcho-communism since Chomsky started shilling it? No.
>>
>>34895909
>wasted potential
I'm so tired of hearing that shit. All my life. What they mean when they say this is that you're not flexing your shit to their will. You're wasting your potential because you're not doing what I think you should be doing.
>>
>>34896991
>Is the world any closer to anarcho-communism since Chomsky started shilling it?

Yes. At the very least closer than the entirety of the world crawling back into caves and up trees to gather berries and hunt squirrels with pointy sticks because technology is the devil
>>
>>34896144
>we can obtain the powers of the gods with it
Why do you present this as a positive thing?
>>
>>34897078
>Yes
Really?

>At the very least closer than the entirety of the world crawling back into caves and up trees to gather berries and hunt squirrels with pointy sticks because technology is the devil
Except ancoms were also closer to achieving their goals than anprims before Chomsky was even born. This is not really an accomplishment given that anarcho-primitivism is probably the most difficult to implement ideology there is.
>>
>>34895657
This is what dumb people think smart people think like.
>>
>>34896059
>Asperger's or being on the autism spectrum to some degree.
>or
Aspergers is on the spectrum
>>
>>34897358
not everyone who is on the spectrum has assburgers
>>
>>34897421
Well no, but everyone who has aspergers is on the spectrum. It's just high functioning autism.
>>
>>34896059
>tfw probably aspergers

how do you know for sure anon
>>
>>34897488
just get a professional diagnosis.

Anything involving psychological issues like OCD or depression or anything is tricky because it's never black and white.

It's not like physical issues where you can see that your teeth have cavities or you can see that your arm is fractured and sticking out of your skin and you're bleeding. You need someone else, an actual doctor, to have an objective look at you. None of that meme webmd self-diagnosis shit that tumblr kids do.
>>
>>34897569
if I get a professional diagnosis it's on my record forever though and I'm fucked
>>
>>34897488
You go to a doctor and get tested.

Since you're here just bee urself and you're sure to get diagnosed.
>>
>>34897594
How are you fucked? I got a diagnosis and its basically a guaranteed safety net.
>>
>>34897488
As an aspie; I had no fucking idea. I knew I was a bit awkward socially, had problems with eye contact, but I didn't know anything was actually wrong for real. Then I found out some other shit that I could relate to.
Got a diagnosis, a lot of what they said felt like it fit in. Like for example I've always been terrible at knowing for example how far something is. Like if a person says I need to walk 100 meters, I have no fucking idea how far that is. For some reason it just doesn't compute in my mind.
>>
>>34897594
>it's on my record forever though and I'm fucked

what do you mean?
>>
>>34897630
>its basically a guaranteed safety net

idk where you live but I'm not gonna get free money or anything for getting diagnosed with aspergers

all it is is a permanent mark against me on my record, for example if I ever wanted to join the military or something

>>34897657
Some things with reading stuff about aspergers diagnosis just see really familiar. Like the eye contact thing, or getting told I was rude all the time and I didn't know why. I used to cry because my mother would get mad and make a big deal about taking me to any sort of family gathering because she always said I was bad or rude and I had no idea what was wrong or what I was doing .

Around 17~ I learned what small talk was and I realize she thought I was being rude because I wasn't making small talk with people / greeting them.

>>34897758
it's just bad to have anything like that in a medical record, or depression/anxiety, etc
>>
>>34897657
>Like if a person says I need to walk 100 meters, I have no fucking idea how far that is. For some reason it just doesn't compute in my mind.

Maybe you're actually just American
>>
>>34897773
>I ever wanted to join the military
Why would anyone in their right mind want to do that?
>>
>>34897804
I don't really have any intention to, it's just an example.

But in america at least, joining the military is what you make of it. You can pick a shitty MOS and do nothing for 4 years or you can pick a good MOS that gives you skills that will be useful for a future job/ensure you a future job.

Plus you get sweet government bennies and free college.
>>
>>34897773
>it's just bad to have anything like that in a medical record, or depression/anxiety, etc

Not really no. It's not the 1800s where they throw you in an asylum.

Where do you live? Most countries, even America, have anti-discrimination laws that apply to people with disabilities.

Worst case scenario is that you get to be on disability and live every NEET's dream.

Where do you live and what do you do?
>>
>>34897840
>Plus you get sweet government bennies and free college.
I get that with my aspergers diagnosis without having to risk my life in some battlefield.
>>
>>34895963
do you seriously think being smart helps you overcome having social problems
>>
Reminds me Michel from Atomized/The elementary particles.
>>
>>34897878
>being in the military means being in combat arms and that means being deployed and seeing combat

why do retards think military = getting shot at ?
>>
>>34896488
>bullies who dominate the world are smarter than everyone else
you are wrong. success in society generally requires social skills to make up for lack of intelligence or intelligence to make up for social skills. that's reducing it to just two aspects but there are lots of other things involved. bullies don't exactly have good social skills but their general lack of empathy and aggressive nature masquerades as "leadership qualities" and "ability to make tough decisions." everything is a trade off and your success depends largely on what other people value. in business, being a douche is basically a virtue because it can lead your company to more successful as long as there's some intelligence along with it. an intelligent guy who is also very empathic and less bold won't make the same decisions and usually, his business won't do as well even if he's a moderate success.
>>
>>34897804
Adventure. Life skills training.
>>
>>34897865
I live in the US and am currently going to college.

I doubt I'd get neetbux for being an aspie and I don't want to be neet anyway.
>>
>>34897910
If anything kicked off they would ship you out in a heartbeat whilst I would be safe and sound at home.

>>34897925
You don't need to join a band of merry men to do that.
>>
File: 1486900506436.jpg (67KB, 324x556px) Image search: [Google]
1486900506436.jpg
67KB, 324x556px
>>34895459
Albert Einstein and Robert Oppenheimer had depression athough they were normies. The intelligent people just know more about the world and its true nature. Thats why neckbeards are trying to convience everyone that their awkwardness is connected to wisdom.
>>
Dumb people get depressed too bro bro
>>
>>34897127
That's because it's shit.
>>
>>34897084
Why do you present this as a negative?
>>
>>34897078
>crawling back into caves and up trees to gather berries and hunt squirrels with pointy sticks because technology is the devil
why are you so dismissive of the idea that industrialization and technology are destroying humanity? you don't see any merit to the idea that this is true? you don't think this way of life has brought just as many problems as solutions?
>>
>>34898168
No, sounds pretty awful, actually. Going back to my primal roots would be boring as fuck. All you gotta have is proper perspective.
>>
>>34897784
I don't think I weigh enough
>>
>>34898168
Going "How do you not see that I'm right?" isn't terribly persuasive, you can probably get some people to sign on to "technology has brought as many problems as solutions" but it's a huge jump from there to "let's get rid of it all"
>>
>>34898168
correlation is not causation, please stop propagating the "omg tech and industry so bad" meme
the way they've been monopolized and used is what's wrong, okay? science is not evil. engineering is not evil. people are.
>>
>>34898347
It is causation though. I would be much happier if the industrial revolution never happened and royalists waged a war of extermination against the bourgeoisie before they could become the ruling class.

I could just sit on a collective farm (since enclosure wouldn't happen), smoking hash, tilling fields and praising Jesus all day long before dying at 60 and leaving behind 6 kids.

You are right though. Science isn't evil, people are. And to this end we must construct a society that people can't corrupt. Which is only possible by wasting as many natural resources as possible before ushering in the apocalypse so when society rebuilds it will never have the resources to have another industrial revolution meaning we can be stuck in the modern era forever.
>>
>>34898232
looks like you don't have the proper perspective to appreciate it but that makes sense given that you grew up in the modern world.

>>34898299
>Going "How do you not see that I'm right?"
i didn't. i asked why he makes it into a joke and whether it's really because he doesn't see the negatives that come along with technology.

>it's a huge jump from there to "let's get rid of it all"
why? especially if all of this technology is in the process of destroying the planet itself and is not sustainable in the long run.

>>34898347
>correlation is not causation
except i'm talking about causation.

> please stop propagating the "omg tech and industry so bad" meme. the way they've been monopolized and used is what's wrong, okay?
we have developed and used technology in exactly the way they were meant to be used. there was no other plan. this world is what a technocentric, industrialized world looks like.

>science is not evil. engineering is not evil.
i don't believe i said anything about evil. obviously science and engineering could be considered positives in a certain light but the way things have turned out have revealed that there are extreme downsides.

>people are.
if you really believe this, then you should jump on board the anarchoprimitive train because technology is never going to change human nature and the "evils" brought by technology are not going to go away.
>>
>tfw stupid and no friends
>>
>>34898644
What's being stupid like?
>>
File: nyc year later.jpg (704KB, 750x979px) Image search: [Google]
nyc year later.jpg
704KB, 750x979px
>>34898168
Like I said I WAS an anarcho-primitivst.

I'm not dismissive at all, I think it's a perfectly legitimate concern. Civilization is a train going full speed ahead and there's no one in charge and we don't know when or where the train tracks end.

More importantly though, I don't care. The fate of humanity and nature and the planet is not something that is going to keep me up at night and weigh on my every thought because fuck it I have my own life to live and I'm not Captain Planet.

The worst case scenario is that civilization isn't sustainable, and we run out of fossil fuels or the sea levels eat up all the coastline cities if not more or something or other and we start rioting in the streets and eating each other and exiling from the cities and we're back to basics. Maybe everyone starts shooting nukes at each other and only molecular life remains and starts over. idk

Still, if that happens I'm not going to be all NOOOOO AGRICULTURE IS OPPRESSION STOP YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
>>
>tfw 141 iq
>can make friends
>have to deal with constant anxiety, feelings of inadequacy, and boring people
there's no way of getting out of this trap, is there? being a robot is such a curse. nothing can overcome it. no effort, no natural ability, no luck.
>>
>>34895867
Ted was a test subject in MKUltra
>>
>>34898909
Being a robot is a gift.

You get to be the protagonist of an existentialist novel.
>>
>>34898761
>because fuck it I have my own life to live and I'm not Captain Planet.
what are your plans for life?
>>
>>34898761
>>34898980
also, are you happy with your life as it is? were your concerns solely ecological? do you think if the ecological concerns were somehow fixed without changing the modern way of life, that you and other people would be happy and satisfied with civilization?
>>
>>34896059
>but was a retard for thinking that putting bombs in mail packages would overthrow civilization or convince people that civilization is bad.
He didn't actually think that. He was under no illusion that humanity could really reverse itself back to before industrialization. He sent out letter bombs so he could get the notoriety attention to have a soapbox to proclaim his ideas. He said he'd stop if the Times or The Washington Post published his manifesto.
>>
>>34898980
music production and songwriting.

>>34899026
>also, are you happy with your life as it is?

it's all right for now, I'm happy with the direction it's headed in.

> were your concerns solely ecological?

Mostly, I was also a dumb yet know-it-all 19 year old who was into shitty punk rock who just wanted to rebel while also being intellectual about it.

> do you think if the ecological concerns were somehow fixed without changing the modern way of life, that you and other people would be happy and satisfied with civilization?

Yes. I want to watch chinese cartoons on my phone while taking a shit on a real toilet with indoor plumbing. I would go out in the woods and the wilds. It's a fun place to escape to, but not somewhere to live permanently unless you're a fugitive.

If civilization isn't sustainable, then it'll end itself.

It's like that Buddhist expression. "if something it troubling you and you can do something to fix it, then there is no need to worry. If there is nothing you can do, then there is also no need to worry."

I'm not buying a new phone every year and throwing my old one into the ocean or blowing my nose into the fur of endangered animals. I do my part and that's all I can do.
>>
>>34899213
So basically it was a publicity stunt to make a name for himself.
>>
>>34899319
>Mostly, I was also a dumb yet know-it-all 19 year old who was into shitty punk rock who just wanted to rebel while also being intellectual about it.
what political position do you support now?

>Yes. I want to watch chinese cartoons on my phone while taking a shit on a real toilet with indoor plumbing. I would go out in the woods and the wilds. It's a fun place to escape to, but not somewhere to live permanently unless you're a fugitive.
eh, i disagree. i am not happy with all of this technology and i would forego the comforts for a different kind of life. i think it all does more harm than good and i think it shows in how unhappy and unhealthy so many people are while living in the "most peaceful, prosperous and technologically advanced times that ever existed."

also, cities (and even suburbs) are hell. what kind of area do you live in?

and how do you feel about the fact that other people are exploited to provide first worlders with some of the cheap comforts we take advantage of?
>>
>>34896493

Was it a cuckoo?
>>
>>34899347
>to make a name for himself.
to give himself a platform for his ideas. but most people are not going to bother to read anything he said anyway and even if they do, won't take it seriously.
>>
>>34898685
Imagine being yourself.fggt
>>
>>34898020
>Thats why neckbeards are trying to convience everyone that their awkwardness is connected to wisdom.

Actually my awkwardness is powered by anxiety, it would be cool if it was caused by my incredible genius but let's be serious here.

>>34896205

The idea that geniuses are cursed by melancholy is ancient but may simply be because those exceptions stand out. One Turing is tragic enough to outshine many happy Phd.
>>
File: 062.jpg (282KB, 1200x1640px) Image search: [Google]
062.jpg
282KB, 1200x1640px
>>34895459
Take a break from yourself dude
>>
>>34899446
>what political position do you support now?

Absolutely none whatsoever really. I used to go to all the protests and be part of all the groups and be against all the things and wanting all the other things to be free and saving the other things, I would argue all day and all night on websites and forum and social media and even youtube comments - and I was absolutely miserable while doing all that shit.

Everyday that I woke up I felt that the world was one day closer to the apocalypse and that I wasn't doing enough to help stop it.

I guess I do have little apolitical social beliefs that I don't really act on if they're too much of a bother, but I still have a moral compass. I haven't voted in any election since the mid-2000s.

>eh, i disagree. i am not happy with all of this technology and i would forego the comforts for a different kind of life. i think it all does more harm than good and i think it shows in how unhappy and unhealthy so many people are while living in the "most peaceful, prosperous and technologically advanced times that ever existed."

To each their own, I do think that anprims should be free to get together and buy some land or something and drop out of society and just live freely as they want to without being shot at or having bombs dropped on them by the FBI.

>also, cities (and even suburbs) are hell. what kind of area do you live in?

A suburb, the worst of both worlds. The small-town "everyone knows you" bullshit of rural areas and then the lack of privacy and constant noise and foot/car traffic of the big city without none of the benefits that those have.

>and how do you feel about the fact that other people are exploited to provide first worlders with some of the cheap comforts we take advantage of?

That's a story as old as human civilization itself. If anything it's probably not as bad now as it was centuries or even decades ago.

I try not to support it, but it's not like there are fair trade computers around
>>
>>34898941
Maybe this is a gift for the reader, but for me it's downright unpleasant
>>
>>34898941
I feel like more like an NPC of a video game where someone else is the main character.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.