[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my father used to tell me how playing brutal video games is bad

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: LEHGUQk.jpg (397KB, 800x800px)
LEHGUQk.jpg
397KB, 800x800px
my father used to tell me how playing brutal video games is bad for your brain because your subconscious can't see the the difference between a game and reality or some shit like that, is this true when I spoke to him about it he told me of studies and how army people train soldiers with video games
>>
>>34895415
train soldiers with video games? thats the most retarded thing I've heard today.
>>
>>34895444
I mean like they use video games or simulations to lower their inhibitions
>>
>>34895444
they really do, it's meant to desensitize the soldiers.
>>34895415

I'm wondering a lot more about the effects of gore pictures and videos, since years now casually shown around by 9 year old kids in classrooms, as if it's nothing more than a new game show on tv.
I refuse to watch gore videos and pics since years now, cause I'm sure that it has some side effects on one's mind.
It's a different thing if you look at mangled, edgy 3d models with blurry textures, or look at real people who die or are in severe pain, knowing that the picture you see is real.
>>
>>34895444
you are obviously a retard then

>>34895415
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Army
this isn't for training but its the most successful game the army developed
>>
The murrikid army uses VBS, Virtual Battle Space, a tool developed by Bohemia Interactive and based on the same infrastructure as their ArmA series, to train soldiers in general tactical procedures and how to deal with changing situations, since emulating the scenarios in real life would be prohibitively expensive or dangerous.
>>
>>34895415
I was 3 years in the military and no game prepared me for that shit.
Being in shape, knowing how to keep standing on your feet after hours of walking god knows fucking where in middle of the night, realizing that bullets sound more like a quick whip hitting the wind than just boom, taking care of soldiers face while he has hot oil on his face... No game will prepare you for this.
>>
I would say one issue with video games and violent/sp00ky media in general in is the tendency to activate fight or flight. You know the game isn't real, but the adrenaline surge you get sure is. Now it's not really an issue to have small periods of adrenaline activation, that's what we're adapted for, but sustaining high levels while playing for hours takes its toll on the body. you can often see a change of the personality of hardcore gamers, there tends to be a snappiness and competitive impulse, and seemingly lowered empathy/connection to others. that carries over to other things. I sonetimes get dreams where realitt is blended with games and i'm fighting a bad guy and he just won't die, then i wake up feeling kinda stressed.

t. someone who used to play a lot and now plays a bit.
>>
>>34895415

I've noticed that the news shows much more explicit shit compared to 20 years ago.
>>
>>34895793

>Not embracing it and pretending to be in your very own GTA

Fucking pleb
>>
>>34895415
>when I spoke to him about it he told me of studies and how army people train soldiers with video games

America's Army
>>
>>34895562
lmao watching death and gore doesn't do anything to you I've been watching that shit for years and I'm the same as ever
>>
File: skeleton wojak.png (17KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton wojak.png
17KB, 633x772px
>>34895415
That's a fucking awesome wojak

>tfw I will never kill pimps, degenerates, and mafiosos in 1970's New York City

Video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvY_5ENtndY
>>
>>34895415
Its true.

Its similar with looser

That is why there is so many beta cuck in wester europe. They are programming boy minds with /tv/ cuck shows and boys develop distorted view of the relationship between women and man. In those shows they show how loosers beta cucks act liek cuck and it wins gf for them.

Even in fucking harry potter they show that its better to be passive and you will win and get waifu at the end.

lel
>>
>>34895444
They do but it's mostly just for building teamwork.
>>
File: 1728309.jpg (17KB, 400x369px) Image search: [Google]
1728309.jpg
17KB, 400x369px
>>34897079
I need to get myself a 44 magnum
>>
>>34897079
>You will never stand up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit
>tfw act tough to myself in a mirror like Travis sometimes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.