[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life becomes so much less stressful when you realise the only

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: main_900.jpg (346KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
main_900.jpg
346KB, 900x599px
Life becomes so much less stressful when you realise the only thing you have to do is survive.

All that other stuff people pretend is required like a job, a wife, kids, holidays is all bullshit. There's nothing you have to do with your life other than survive, all that shit you're worried about doesn't matter. You literally don't have to do anything unless you feel like doing it.
>>
I don't want to just survive it, I want to thrive in it
>>
People are worried about all that shit because the actually "goal" that your body is driven to accomplish is to reproduce and continue the species. All that other shit merely makes you marketable to the opposite sex
>>
The only solace I have left in life is that fact that I can end it.
>>
>>34890485
True, but I'd say your will to survive outweighs the desire to procreate. Humans can pretty much ignore their desire to reproduce, a lot of us end up never having children and speanding our days killing time in one way or another.

>>34890461
That's your choice, you can go after more if you feel like it so long as you understand you don't have to do it.
>>
Oh, I absolutely get this. But even just surviving is pretty hardcore these days, especially with the world becoming a global marketplace.

You need to develop assets so that, if worse comes to worse, you've got a little something to prevent you from falling to the bottom.

For some, it's a good car: You can drive for uber, sell it, even sleep in it. Bottom line, it'll help you in some way.

Going up the scale, I'd say the next thing is a reasonable job. Not a GOOD job, just something that allows you to save a *small* amount each month.

Next is a home of your own. In the US there are a lot of affordable options. I'm big into purchasing rental property because it generates some money AND you can move into it in the worst case.

Finally, financial assets. Things you can either draw down, borrow against or sell in an emergency.

To me, this is the survival plan I'm following.
>>
sounds like bullshit to me
your 'just survive' bullshit is probably being treated worse than working at a job doing bullshit without getting paid, getting screamed at, getting no respect.
Survival is fucking lame, most creatures will bash their fucking head against a rock to escape consciousness if they have no other options because survival isn't an enjoyable way to live. Some of that added stuff is more stressful than it needs to be but a lot of it is because it gives life some kind of fucking meaning to the person.
>>
>>34890705
From my point of view that's all unnecesary, it's not a bad way to spend your time but I wouldn't say you need any of that to get by.

Assuming you live with parents, you can satisfy all your basic desires with bennies. If you're living alone then you either get a job or live by shoplifting/raiding supermarket bins after closing, sleeping in hostels and so on. The quality of your life will vary but the same basic rules apply.

>>34890785
Most creatures spend every day looking for food or something to fuck. It's only really humans who got so good at surviving that we now have so much free time we try to justify our lives as having meaning when really they don't, all we can do is fill up that free time with activities we enjoy. Life's too short to worry about whether society deems you a success or not.
>>
>>34890443
Yeah no shit OP.
That doesnt erase the DESIRE for situations and material things.

Like i want to grow my own weed. Ok i cant do that. So i want to smoke some weed. OH shit i cant do that either. Well cheap booze will do. Oh shit i cant do that fucking thing either.

Now what...ignore everything and keep surviving thats what.
>>
>>34890926
>Most creatures spend every day looking for food or something to fuck. It's only really humans who got so good at surviving that we now have so much free time we try to justify our lives as having meaning when really they don't, all we can do is fill up that free time with activities we enjoy. Life's too short to worry about whether society deems you a success or not.
most humans are just looking for something to eat and fuck too, they're mammals we havent evolved past that very much. and no it's universal creatures will do stupid shit to drown out consciousness.
The not being successful crap is just a easy way out to convince yourself choosing to be a failure was not a bad thing when you know it is. fucked your shit up, fine.
why try to fuck other peoples shit up and convince them to be beta too?
>>
>>34890984
>That doesnt erase the DESIRE for situations and material things.

It does when you realise you don't need any of those things, if you're bored go outside and walk somewhere you've never been. Go to lidl and try some food you've never had before for dirt cheap. Find someone who enjoys your company, do things with them.
>>
>>34891038
Fucking genius.
>DAMN man, reality is so fucking boring especially since i have nothing and noone because i ignore everything
>i sure could enjoy altered state of consciousness by drinking alcohol or doing drugs
>oh wait i dont NEED those things
>better eat dry bread with salt and stare on a wall then
10/10 advice mate.
>>
>>34891010
>and no it's universal creatures will do stupid shit to drown out consciousness.
Got any examples? I've never heard of a fox running in front of a car on purpose because it couldn't handle the 9 to 5 of raiding bins for food.

>The not being successful crap is just a easy way out to convince yourself choosing to be a failure was not a bad thing when you know it is. fucked your shit up, fine.
Because when all is said and done, when you're in the ground and your bones are dust, what does it matter? Whether you spent your life as a neet on bennies or as a high flying executive it's all the same, you're still dead in the ground. As long as you enjoy how you spend your time, then that's all that matters.

>why try to fuck other peoples shit up and convince them to be beta too?
I'm not, they're free to keep doing what they're doing. I'm not trying to stop them, I'm just saying stressing out about ticking off a checklist society presents you with is dumb.
>>
>>34891066
If you want weed then by all means go out and get the money to buy some. But you don't need it to survive, it doesn't matter if you get your weed or not. You don't have to do anything you don't feel like doing is all I'm trying to say.
>>
>>34891142
Its easier to suppress every need and want and ignore everything. As you suggested. In other words i know exactly what you mean but it doesnt help with the desires STILL being there.
>>
>>34891095
>Got any examples? I've never heard of a fox running in front of a car on purpose because it couldn't handle the 9 to 5 of raiding bins for food.
Yeah, lots of animals commit suicide, they'll kill their own offspring or other animals first too it's extremely common with wild animals put in an artificial environment.

>Because when all is said and done, when you're in the ground and your bones are dust, what does it matter?
then why are you still alive fucking die alone if it doesn't matter

>I'm not, they're free to keep doing what they're doing. I'm not trying to stop them, I'm just saying stressing out about ticking off a checklist society presents you with is dumb.
No it's dumb to ignore society when the only benefits in life come from it. If there were a cheaper or easier way to do it people would do it. Instead you're arguing it's better to just be at the whims of a society you say you shouldn't care about. If you can't do something successful and take care of yourself society will stick you in an artificial cage, but that doesn't matter to you because you're fucking beta.
>>
>>34890926
>Assuming you live with parents

Dependency on other people or on govt programs just makes you more vulnerable, which is contrary to the goal.

The whole point is to set yourself up to be ok even if things get bad... actually, ESPECIALLY if things get bad.
>>
>>34890926
First of all most animals don't "look" or "plan" on fucking, they do it when it's the right time due to their instincts, they don't obsess over it or think about it, and many animals fuck like once a year at most,and while it' true that msot animals do spend most of their time trying to eat other animals or entities, and trying to not be eaten or be killed, itis also true that some of them like crocodiles are content with eating few times at year, so stop with these gross over generalizations
>>
>>34890443
>the only thing you have to do to survive is survive

Nooo, really?

You don't say!

Next thing you're gonna say that water is wet!

So insightful
>>
then why dont we all just spend the rest of our lives in prison
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.