[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did robots used to be before the internet? Like what were

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1487045012786.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487045012786.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
What did robots used to be before the internet? Like what were the robots of the 90s and 80s?
>>
>>34885807
bookworms
tabletop games
internet caffeteria nerds later
>>
>>34885807
I read a lot. Mostly fantasy and scifi books, a lot of trashy pulp scifi adventures, Star Wars books etc.

Played a lot of Nintendo and Sega games, Playstation and N64.

Collected a lot of toys, mostly Transformers, Beastwars etc.

Watched a lot of Saturday morning cartoons. Drew comics for myself.

Played outside daily.

It feels like a million years ago.
>>
>>34885807
Many of them already used the internet in the 90s and some even in the 80s (except in the US where it was extremely obscure until 2007 when Apple and Facebook brought it to everyone, as we all know). Another activity in the 70s-90s period was video games. Around the same time and before that they also watched TV, played and created tabletop games, read, wrote, drew, and collected things.
>>
>>34885807
Played outside by myself
Played with GI joes/legos/turtles etc
Sat morning cartoons at 5am
Drew pictures/color
Read books and papers when i could
Library rare though
Atari/nintendo/arcade
Tabletop games later
Later 90s played MUDS
Was good times
>>
>>34885807
I was labeled mostly as geek in the early 90s in elementary, computer nerd in the mid 90s, herb in the late 90s (this may be obscure, but the H was pronounced and it was synonymous with being called a square but with malice behind it), and just known as "you're so quiet, you never talk" in the 2000s.
>>
Before the internet destroyed everything, robots and cyborgs became Priests and molested children. Now they have to wait till their siblings have children to get laid.
>>
>>34886274
Played outside daily and stayed outside till bedtime..
Visited friends and family in person.
Kissed girls under the bridge.
Went camping, swimming in lakes and fishing with Dads and Moms. At the same time.
A truly lost era.

A lost era.
>>
>>34885807
THERE WAS A MAN IN OLD VILLAGE BY NAME OF DR ZHIVAGO.., HAVE MANY SCARING STORY TO TELL CHILDREN OF ROBOTS!! WATCH OUT! HEHE
>>
>>34886530
>(except in the US where it was extremely obscure until 2007 when Apple and Facebook brought it to everyone, as we all know
You have to be fuxkingjoking if you think 2007 was when the internet died. Internet went normie mode way earlier even poor people had internet back then
>>
File: IMG_9273.png (27KB, 741x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9273.png
27KB, 741x609px
>the internet is a robot
>>
>>34885807
They didn't exist. Most of our parents were getting laid and partying at our age. You would have social skills because it was forced on you.
>>
>>34885807
Fatherless kids who retreated into comic books.
>>
>>34886274
>>34886591
>>34886737

He said robots, you dumb shits, didn't ask about your adolescent experiences.
What would a 30 year old friendless man be like during the 80's ?
>>
Tabletop games
Phreaking
Obsess over comics
>>
>>34886888
Oh, and collecting things. Like toys, stamps, keychains.
>>
>>34885807
Spent summers with outside riding bikes, paintball in the woods, and doing shit. Nights playing tabletop games, and late nights on vidja games.

Shit... even introverts were active
>>
>>34886888
>>34886918
I doubt men in their late 20's would do these things. Stop talking about what underage faggots would do, holy shit.
>>
>>34886910
Sometimes they'd have their own radio, and they would chat with other weirdos and random truckers.
>>
>>34885807
No-one cared. They retreated into their homes and lived in isolation.

Robots, today, are probably more social than they've ever been.
>>
>>34886926
Of course they would, lots people who were in their 30s in the 80s and 90s still do shit like that. Not phreaking, that's dead.
>>
>>34885807
The internet has truly caused the ascension of the robot, people that normally wouldn't be are now sucked into a void of technology

That being said, any solo activities that aren't internet related. Reading, videogames, hobbies, comics, television, sitting in the wilderness brooding. It was rarer to be completely socially isolated, because it was harder, without being able to lean on that glowing screen that connects you to a world beyond this world, but they tried their best.
>>
>>34885807
>before the internet
>90s
OP, come on.
>>
They wore trenchcoats to school and their names were dylan
>>
>>34886873
They went to Star Trek conventions and played on bulky computers with little green letters and numbers. They were called nerds back then. I knew one who helped build arcade games. he was almost 400 pounds. Lost 200 pounds and married a hottie after he got paid for a popular game. Then he killed himself because of loose skin and his slut wife.
>>
Comic books. Baseball cards (80s in the 90s it became pokemon and yu-gi-oh), DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS with fellow nerds. Big fat calculators were their gameboys. Atari the Nintendo and PS1. Someone said they were more active and its true but not by choice. the world required direct communication and travelling to places in person. They didnt kiss girls though. They got physically bullied Flash Thompson style. Locked in lockers was a real thing. Wedgies were common. they were probably stronger than todays robots because schools had 7-8 classes per day and each class had a thick book and you had to carry them all in backpacks that weighed a shit ton. You had 4 or more hours of homework every single night plus extra for the weekends. Your google was a set of encyclopedias.
>>
>>34885852
>>34886888
Never met a robot tabletop gaming.
Cyborgs, maybe.
But a robot would never be able to in a million years.
They require you to be highly social, go outside a lot, agreeable to enough people that you won't make everyone hate you, and full of creativity. Robots can never have any of those things.
>>
There was internet in the 90s.

Also programmers, hobbyists, bookworms or just general school nerds.
>>
File: roberttroll1055.jpg (8KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
roberttroll1055.jpg
8KB, 175x175px
I played Dungeons and Dragons with a group of friends regularly 2 or 3 times a month,and I ran a Champions campaign as well my roommate and I would amuse each other with. Often I would attend various conventions,sci fi,Wiccan/oddball religion, roleplaying games,and sometimes a mix of everything. I would either bunk with my core group,or get a room by myself and try to hook up with random women at parties. An offer of a backrub,a little making out,and a whisper of having pot back in my room would get me a bedmate for the weekend. Of course they all lived at least 100 miles away minimally,so no real chance of a real relationship, but we all lived for these weekends of Real Living. And I would meet a bunch of fellow local con attendees and hang out every Thursday at Washington Square Park then go off to dinner. All these times are ancient history now. We all got busy,lost touch,grew up kinda sorta. Now screens separate us,desktop laptop tablet and smartphone.

And you can never go back.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.