[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most depressing thing you've witnessed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 73e.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
73e.gif
2MB, 750x750px
What's the most depressing thing you've witnessed in your life?
>>
>>34879345
my whole existence
>>
>>34879345
girl getting hit by a train and dealing with her friend in shock
>>
>>34879345
Those people who are in between retarded and sentient. They know that there's a world out there, but they just can't access it.
>>
So.....your average robot?
>>
>>34879345
I am a 32 year old friendless virgin who has struggled with many chemical addictions, I don't really see many depression things I have not beaten.

If anything the most depressing thing I have seen is having hope desu. People that should never have hope but people will continue to lie and give them hope for their own sick purposes. And you watch them over the years go nowhere.
>>
>>34879869
One of the reasons I come here to see so many guys who think they will have a life but never will. They are 26 and still they have a chance or something.

When people commit suicide I feel hope for happiness.
>>
Used to have a friend who was big into ciphers and codes. He always did it as a hobby, never came off as creepy or unusual.

For Valentine's one year (Ironic, I knoe) he decided to give his crush (This was in sophomore year) a card. But, he wanted it to be personal, so he signed his name in a cipher.

Since he was just as anxious as me, he left it on her chair before class. When she came in and saw it, she made a big deal and made the whole thing public. Me, being somewhat into codes aswell, immediately recognized the and and solved it within minutes. I guess she didn't know what she was was doing with it, so she gave it to me when I recognized it.

She saw the minute I solved it, and I could tell she was creeped out (Not unjustified, not completely). Poor kid was bullied for 2 years about it, until he hung himself.

His last two years were the most painful thing I've ever witnessed.
>>
>>34879963
When he dies you feel that happiness right? It's really good to see people finally feel bliss.

I knew a guy who killed himself after drugging a girl and I could not feel bad, I felt such a happinnes, he did it.
>>
>>34879345
adc in 2017
>>
>>34880007
I felt like he was better off, yeah. But dealing with the girl and the people who bullied him, as well as his family, was something I'll never forget.
>>
>>34879345

Grandmother with dementia. Kept insisting her hallucinations were real. Most of the shit she saw was innocuous; chicken in the hospital room, butter on the bed. But she freaked the fuck out when she saw my grandfather, when he had been dead for 5 years, and insisted he was here to take her home. Was in tears after that one.
She accused me and my brother of keeping her in the hospital and making her seem crazy. She was crazy. She's been better lately, but its only going to get worse until she dies.

I thank god every day that at least it isn't Alzheimers. I don't know if I could take seeing her both hallucinate like this and not have any idea who we are.
>>
File: 1412006503639.gif (2MB, 599x334px) Image search: [Google]
1412006503639.gif
2MB, 599x334px
>>34879345
The last 2 months of my failed marriage.
>>
>>34879433
is that you or are the dubs just lying?
>>
>>34880040
Do not forget it, he was teaching you a life lesson, never forget him.
>>
>>34879345
Suppose it isn't really a specific event... Watching my mother manipulate my father for my entire childhood and put on an act in an attempt to hide it from me; he continued to put up with it for my well being.
>>
>>34879963
>she made a big deal and made the whole thing public
Why do autistic people always pick the worse females to have crushes on.
>>
>>34880148
Well, it's not like she freaked over it or anything. She just asked the teacher about it, and he asked if anyone knew anything. Me, being the social genius I am, jumped at the opportunity.

It's not like she was a bad person, she just didn't handle it the way he thought she would.
>>
>>34879345
thinking about my life and then remembering that so many people have it worse
also fucked up cp and then realizing that that's what's happening when these big child sex scandals get uncovered
>>
Listening to my father describe how he never was able to accomplish any of his dreams because he sacrificed them for the family.

Was so depressing it convinced me to never have children.
>>
>>34880132
I don't mean what be taught me.

I mean what it did to me the people around him. I was his only close friend by the end of his time, so everyone naturally looked to me for an explanation. One, which, I didn't have because he'd shut me out months prior.

His family ended up broken, each of his parents blaming the other for his suicide, the girl held up relatively well, I still talk to her now and then. We got close after be did the deed.
>>
>>34879345
My dad dying of heart failure a metre away from me
>>
>>34880110
I work in healthcare, I see some depressing shit man
>>
people who honestly try their best but never improve and end up in a shitty place
>>
>>34879345
Losing everyone I've ever loved until I'm left all alone.

Each time I was so close, but fate just kicked me in the sack and ripped them away.

Having all my dreams crushed, not once but 3 times.

Despite it all, I still did it somehow and managed to salvage something of this life and study a degree in STEM.
>>
>>34880265

This. Dad dying of cancer. It's brutal to watch. At least I knew my dad was dying. To have yours just up and die from nowhere has to be worse.
>>
>>34879345
Watching my dad slowly wither away to his disease and basically looking like an AIDs paitent.
>>
Every week I watch my mother whom I used to respect get in her depressive episodes and sink in misery and it reflects in her own appearance resembling a ghoul.
>>
>>34880686
We were watching kung fury at 4 am
>>
>>34879345
My best and only friend from high school dead in a coffin.
>>
My dog and my only friend have a stroke and die while i held him in my arms. Cried for straight hours and ran around my apartment destroying things.
>>
Going to my grandfathers house after my grandmother passed away and seeing him alone after all these years.

Growing up you never really think about your grandparents passing away, at least I didnt till my grandmother passed. It was hard but the hardest is going to my grandfathers house with him only there and seeing him so lonley. Everybody is busy so its hard to go see him which means hes alone a lot now. Im making time to visit but its still hard to go into the house and see him.
>>
Watching my grandfather going from a business manager with lots of friends, a few interests to keep his mind sharp (amateur gardening and carpentry, primarily), etc., to die of dementia basically friendless. Watching him slip from dementia was bad enough. Watching most of his friends basically leave him was worse. Same with the rest of the family, outside of mom (his daughter ) my dad, and myself.

It's been about a year since his death, and I still can't get overit
>>
File: 1469424448256.png (236KB, 424x448px) Image search: [Google]
1469424448256.png
236KB, 424x448px
>>34879345
Graduating college only to see my 90% of my cousins either dropping out, becoming single parents or NEETS.
>>
>>34880815

Oh so that was pretty recent. I'm sorry anon. It sucks really bad. It's almost the three year anniversary for mine.
>>
The ending of Red Dead Redemption :(
>>
>>34881104

How old was he? Why did his friends leave?
>>
>>34881345
he was 75 when he died.

From what I've gathered, his friends just stopped visiting him because they couldn't bear seeing pop in the state of dementia that he was in. I kind of getting it, as he became a husk of himself, but it doesn't seem very... friendly, I guess is the right term.
>>
>>34881517

Was he married or single?
>>
>>34881517
I somewhat know this feeling. My grandmother had a real bad stroke which left her pretty messed up, she definitly wasint the same anymore after. But seeing someone you care about and have known for so long go through that is sucks anon. I give you props for staying with him though, its hard.
>>
>>34881759
Hea was married for something like 55 years. After he had my mom and her other two siblings, grandma had a stroke. She could only use her left side, but she made an excellent homemaker regardless. She had this stoke in the 70s, but it never stopped her from being a good mom and grandma. It also shows my grandpa's dedication. Nan had a stroke fairly young, but he never stopped loving her like they were young

>>34881802
Thanks man. Having a family member suffering from a stroke isn't easy, but it's worth staying close with them. I hope you stay close to your nan, and cherish the time you spend with her.
>>
I was working and my dad came in. I work in a restaurant, he never comes in. He was walking through beet fucking red in a frantic pace, i looked him in the eyes and immediately knew something was really fucking wrong. He barely murmured out "nick andy passed away"

My little 18 year old fucking brother man. I was supposed to protect him, show him the way and never let anything bad happen to him. I fucking failed.

Every single little memory of him i had flooded me at once, I'm going to grow old and he's not going to be there. I'm never going to be able to share a moment with him again.

>>
>>34879345
The slow growth of drugs within my friends lives, and my complete inability to convince them to cut themselves off even when I confront them. I never partied hard, fucked alot of girls, got into relationships, hung out after school, got hobbies or went into clubs in college. I was well off and based my life off logic. I don't spend a lot of money, play video games, or browse social media. I'm nobody, I have absolutely no value even if I have a trade skill or a degree.

The realization that over the course of the last few years I went from crying in front of my friend about how drugs are ruining our clique to becoming a full fledged dealer of various substances. Substances I don't even take, yet reap profit from by selling to all kinds of people.

I can literally attain any drug that exists right now. My life is a fabrication of people assuming what I'm like. People think I'm scary or mysterious, yet I'm dead inside. Gore and CP doesn't faze me, I don't even laugh at it anymore. I just want to pack my things and leave.
>>
>>34882173

What happened to him, anon? How did he die?

Why do you feel that you failed to protect him?
>>
I can't say it's the worst thing that's happened to me, but this happened recently.

My maternal grandparents died when I was 3 and 4, each. It sorta never hit me, and after they were gone we sold their house (little town north of Toronto) and moved away. So it's never been a big deal.

As I've grown up I've learned more about them, especially my grandpa. As a Pole he fought for both the Germans and Brits, never really out of his own volition, moreso just what he was forced to do at any time. He wasn't a particularly kind man (PTSD does that eh) but clever and fun, as far as I know. My Dad really liked him. So I've heard plenty.

Anyways, I ended up in Toronto for University. Sometime at the start of this year, my friend from out of town ended up hospitalized for maybe a week in the city. I visited him a few times. The last time I'm leaving though, I get lost in the hospital and end up at a different exit. I got this weird sense of deja vu until I realized that it was the hospital my grandpa died in, and I was standing outside the little gift shop that my cousin took me to on the ground floor. I think I was there when he actually passed away.

So it all sorta hit me at once. 15-some years of having missed this man. It's honestly the war stories, right? He probably saw so much, even from the piecemeal stories he told my Dad it's fascinating.

I don't really know how to deal with it yet. But I think about it whenever I think about death. And it's scary that I could actually remember the gift shop.

Anyways, thanks for reading, robots.
>>
>>34882137
Thanks anon. iv been thinking about my grandmother a lot today so this actually kinda helped my mood. I hope the same happens for you.
>>
Having to pick my mom off the floor from an OD once when I was 12, another when I was 16
>>
My mom called me after work to tell me my dad had died. He was shot during a botched robbery. Happened in October.
>>
Found out too late that my younger sister was suffering from depression. She always had a darker sense of humor, was more distanced from the family and didn't date anyone. We were pretty close and one day she asked me for help. We normally just joked and talked about stupid shit but one day she came to my house and said she had thoughts of hurting herself. I helped her get to a doctor who prescribed her depression meds and I didn't hear about it after that.

My mom called me one night and told me to come over that she thought something bad may have happened. I arrived to find my sister had shot herself in my parents house that night. I had never seen a corpse or even had anyone else's blood on my hands before. First time I ever witnessed my dad cry.

I'm the socially retarded and ugly one in the family. My sister was friends with everyone, prom queen, 10/10, had thousands of social media followers, blah blah.

I still don't understand mental illness but it scares the shit out of me now. That was over a year ago and a large part of light inside me has gone out. I don't think I'll ever be the same.

She was 20
>>
My cousin's grandpa. None of his kids ever visit him. His wife and him are basically divorced but no actual legality. He just spends his days down near an old house by a crappy pond. Not even a pet, just him, all alone...
>>
File: IMG_6521.jpg (99KB, 268x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6521.jpg
99KB, 268x400px
>>34879345
The movie Groundhog Day.
>>
>>34880053
This is one of my biggest fears when it comes to ageing. I don't want the people I love and care about have to deal with me while I don't even recognize who they are or what they are doing.
>>34880815
jesus, that's friggen shitty man, sorry to hear.

Most depressing thing I witnessed was meeting my father while he was in prison. Shitty thing about it is that it was his third stint in prison, and oddly I thought this was his first due to my mom sheltering me from the reality of the situation and him never talking about it. It was depressing to witness someone who I had put so much trust in never put the same trust in me... I still talk to him every now and then, but since that time I've never been able to hold him in the high regard that I did before that. I knew he had problems, but I didn't know he was a criminal.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.