[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody realized that 95% of people's usual hobbies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tfw ear.png (19KB, 644x718px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ear.png
19KB, 644x718px
Has anybody realized that 95% of people's usual hobbies involve staring at a screen of sorts?

Reading a book is lame, how else can I escape it?

Buying a basketball hoop? It's fucking freezing outside.

playing an instrument is cool - anything else aside from that though?
>>
>>34879163
Carpentey/woodwork

Blacksmith/forging

Bowyer/archery

???
>>
>>34879163
OP here again:

f you think about it.

We want to add substance to our lives, without forcing anything.

So you know, building models would be cool - model cars, ships, buildings, etc...I'd do it with a girlfriend or something, but by myself would be depressing - for me.

Maybe staying active in projects somehow would do it.

Fuck.

I just want to escape the mundane modern traps of life bros, but without feeling un-authentic
>>
>>34879163
autistic fun? i got you
pen spinning
card flourishing
progressive bodyweight routine
cooking
papercraft and origami
crochet/knitting
>>
>>34879163
>reading a book is lame

Maybe try writing the sort of book you'd want to read then.
>>
flying is fun

don't tell the faa i'm a robot though
>>
>>34879226

Your problem is getting hung up on "authenticity."

If you think model building would be cool, try it out. Buy a cheaper kit and give it a go. Maybe you like it, maybe you don't. Don't get hung up on what other people will think of you for it.

Hobbies are personal things. If you need another person for you to enjoy it (barring a team sport of course) then its probably not the hobby you are enjoying, but the company.

I fly model planes. The big performance ones. I love flying and planes, but I'm too poorfag to actually fly. So I have my models. I'm part of a small club that flies together sometimes, but most of the time I fly in some field alone. I find it fun, fulfilling, and there's always something to fix or tinker with. If I tell people that's what I do, most seem a bit taken aback at first, but usually understand when I explain (and if they don't, I'm probably never going to like that person anyway). And the people that see me doing it are always at least kind of impressed.
>>
I like alcohol, but it involves a lot of time looking at a screen or book. Lately my autism has been fixated on fermenting rice. Shaoxing is pretty neat and not as weeb as sake. Flowers are also fun to work with but needs something more interesting than sucrose or inverted syrup.

It's been a pain in the ass and I'm too adhd for it but I've kind of been playing with variables to turn concord grape juice like you see in the markets into a half decent table wine. It's hard to get too crazy without a pH meter and adequate climate control. Using additional juices and concentrates with lots of winemaking chemicals I've been able to get something I like but it's a far cry from a proper cab.

The most fun is designing new techniques and equipment but there is a lot of joy in packaging too. Labels, bottles, etc.. The really fun bottles are hard to get unless you're willing to buy a literal truckload of them. Some companies are kind of enough to ship a single pallet but word of warning, liftgate service is added onto the invoice and will be a whole lot more than is reasonable. It's almost easier to just modify preexisting bottles. I've been playing around with the idea of polymer clay on bottles after liking how frosting, enamel, and etching has gone. Wax and string can spruce up a bottle too. It's silly but people are a little weirded out by those flip top bottles or repurposed sode bottles. A little string or paper with wax gives a tamper evident seal and looks a little fancier. You can get cute little was stamps if you want your initials or some kind of picture in the wax. If you're doing spirits in a t-top bottle those shrink wrap seals really cheapen it. Most people are familiar with maker's mark style fake wax though. If you want that kind just mix wax and glue sticks 1:1, exact same fucking shit.

Recently I was sperging over filtration. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I settled on keg to 10" steel 1micron filter to a single open end polyethersulfone 0.45micron.
>>
File: artistic.png (57KB, 816x577px) Image search: [Google]
artistic.png
57KB, 816x577px
I think making art is the best hobby. It it doesn't need to use a screen (unless digital art). I like to paint and draw and I really recommend it for other robots. you don't even have to be good at drawing, just creating something feels nice.
>>
>>34879219
>Bowyer

????
>>
>>34879163
I started taking improv classes and really enjoy it.
>>
>>34879163

Shit I do:

>traveling

Been to 30 countries in the past three years. Have to work a lot to afford it, though.

>motorcycling

Bought my first bike in April of last year. Whenever the weather is warm and I can ride, I do. Helps me take my mind off a lot of things.

>hiking

Always on the trails when it's not raining or snowing. Leave electronics behind and profit from thinking.

>camping, hunting, fishing, etc

Reconnect with nature and feel proud of your ability to kill and cook your own food.

>languages

Took a year of university-level Arabic, taught myself Hindi, and learned how to read and write Cyrillic when I was in high school. Trying to learn a bit of Spanish since I'm going to Mexico in June.

Plenty of shit to do that doesn't involve a screen, amigo.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.