[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't god answer my prayers? Im not religious, is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: pepe.png (2MB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
2MB, 1504x1000px
Why doesn't god answer my prayers?

Im not religious, is that a problem for him?
>>
>>34875108
I think at some point in the last century we fucked up to pre-Jesus levels.
>>
>>34875108
if you're honestly praying, then you are religious.
just keep trying.
>>
>>34875223
So he just cut contact, fair enough i guess if he got sick of our bullshit. i wonder if he will ever come back
>>
you're praying to the wrong god

sell your soul to satan
>>
>>34875108
Cause he doesn't exist, fagtron.
>>
>>34875263
i used to be le atheist a couple years back but i guess i just kinda got sadder and sadder and now i need him hes not there, though my prayers are kinda selfish, i guess ill just keep trying

>>34875279
I dont think satan answers prayers ever, surely he would have taken the chance to corrupt me by now.

>>34875282
Does that matter though
>>
>>34875314
>Does that matter though
the way you phrased this means you are on the right track!
>>
>>34875597
what do you mean, on the right track to what?
>>
>>34875749
to knowing god, which is religion's endgame.
>>
If you are some cunt that prays only when they are in need, then piss off cunt
>>
>>34875314

>The truth didn't make me happy
>>
>>34875282

You are more retarded than any religious person except maybe LaVeyan satanists.
>>
>>34876381
it's the truth though

>>34876348
believing in it might give him motivation to make himself a better person
>>
>>34876537

>Thinks he can assert to any reasonable standard that God doesn't exist

You are full-blown retarded.
>>
>>34876606
You can't prove a god/gods don't exist, but it is what makes most sense if you look at how religions are developed. The only context in which a god might exist is in the one that deists believe, but following a religion is pretty retarded and arrogant
>>
>>34876731

Right, so saying a god doesn't exist is retarded.
>>
>>34876757
only if you're gnostic about it
>>
>>34876768

>Agnosticly asserting there is no god.

This isn't a thing.
>>
>>34875108
I think God or whatever you wanna call this Supreme Being, has abandoned man a very long time ago, probably before Christianity even existed
>>
>>34876606
It is actually quite simple to disprove the existence of God.
>>
God doesn't give a shit. We're all pathetic, cancerous parasites in his domain. A literal failed experiment, we deserve no pity or saving.
>>
yes that is a problem then. maybe you're praying to the wrong god.
>>
does trying to believe in god help with someone that loves to self pity
>>
>>34876803

Go for it, champ.

Originality incarnate.
>>
The only thing that really makes me scared about the existance of a God, is that, if you don't believe in him BUT he ends up existing, you end up with hell which is supposed to be a really shitty place and you stay there forever. Let's say you're an atheist and you ARE right, you live your life normally, you die and that's it. But if God does exist then you get screwed over in the afterlife. I'm kinda torn up between these two possibilities even though the notion of hell was a way to scare christian people to obey God.
>>
>>34876871

>Pascal's wager maymay

This isn't actually convincing to you is it?
>>
tfw used to pray to god even though I wasn't religious
>>
>>34876833
"Our modern, feminine, age of philistines has completely ignored the certainty of philosophic knowledge and has thus turned its back on the most essential and beautiful knowledge of all.

My knowledge of the nonexistence of God is certain. To repeat what I explained to you on a previous occasion, I can say with absolute certainty that God does not exist, based on what God and existence are commonly defined to be. God is defined to be all-powerful and infinite . . . but existence is finite and limited. So, to say that God exists is to say "the infinite is finite" which I reject as absurd, just as I reject the nonsensical or mad notion of a "black white". Thus do I know with certainty that God does not exist.

You may object that many people do not share my narrow definitions of "God" and "existence" and therefore my argument is of little or no value. So let me promptly put this objection to rest.

Let's look at alternative definitions to an all-powerful, infinite God. Notably, any alternative to an infinite God must be a finite God. Well, we could define God to be "a very powerful being" or even "the most powerful being". Such a God would be firmly in the domain of uncertain scientific knowledge, and would be infinitely removed (literally) from the traditional God who is supposed to be infinite and all-powerful. He would be only a shabbily hypothesized powerful alien of questionable morals."

you can read the rest of it here
http://www.theabsolute.net/minefield/suzuki.html
>>
>>34876799
it's a thing for almost everything: santa, elfs, unicorns, fairies...

I (and probably you) live my life as if those don't exist, and assume they don't, but you can't really prove they don't. It is the same for God. As matter of fact, you can't prove that the world we live in is real, but we all still assume it regardless
>>
>>34876944

>God and existence are commonly defined to be.
>God is defined to be all-powerful and infinite

So if your definition of god is wrong and god isn't infinite, your argument falls to shit.
>>
>>34877013
Maybe you should try to read beyond the first paragraph.
>>
File: 9JLs5FQ.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
9JLs5FQ.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>34876139
I prayed to god hoping dad would buy me that new game/ thing or for things to go my way.
>>
>>34875108

And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxSC1cfxY1A&list=PL9FAFF6EAFC83910B&index=28
>>
>>34877027

You mean the part where it concedes a god could exist? Also why does this entity can't be external to our universe and therefore inaccessible to science?
>>
>>34877130
a 'god' yes, but not the all-powerful God of classical theism.
>>
I prayed for brexit and trump and it happened so maybe there is something out there.

This god dude hasn't given me a girlfriend and removed my anxiety yet though so idk :/
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.