[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies like multiplayer vidya (especially mobas and csgo)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1486431471544.png (214KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1486431471544.png
214KB, 500x345px
Why do normies like multiplayer vidya (especially mobas and csgo) so much?

Seems like nobody likes single player games anymore
>>
>>34873066
What's the point of sp games? Most sp games have ridiculous uninteresting plotlines. SP sandbox games can be fun but that's it.
>>
>>34873066
because they have friends they can play with
>>
>>34873130

Rhythm games and wave-progressive games are good single player
>>
osu! is the ultime robot game
>>
>>34873130
A matter of taste, I guess. There's a lot of sp games with really good plotlines imo.

On the other hand, in multiplayer games you do the same thing on the same maps over and over again. I don't really see the appeal.

>>34873193
Good point.
>>
>>34873066
I like both. Plus considering how popular and successful Skyrim is, I'd say that people still enjoy single player. You just have to search through all the CoD clones.
>>
>>34873195
>rhythm games

I liked patapon as a kid but I can't really into them anymore. What do you mean by wave progressive games? Like the "horde mode" type games (killing floor, etc.)? Those are way more fun with people.
>>
>>34873225
I can't really get into most fictional plotlines to begin with in any form of media so I'm sure that has something to do with it.
>>
>>34873238

Yes I mean horde mode and arcadey games with no story line.

I guess the enjoyment you can squeeze out of horde games single-player depends how introverted you are
>>
>>34873205
This

tfw almost 40,000 playcount and still shit
>>
>>34873066
after playing online vs games so much, when I played a single player on ps2 I felt incredibly empty
>>
>>34873301
I'm introverted it's mostly just games that involve bots, the AI is usually shit. So that's why I'd get on a server, it's not like I have to use a mic.
>>
>>34873066
ADD and instant gratification
>>
Normies play shit like csgo just to fit in
>>
>>34873066
because normies thinks that because playing shit like that will make them a geek/gamer
i only play to fnv or tes or demon souls
>>
>>34873392
Because i'm betaboy9000 I rarely play online team-based games because I fear fucking up somehow or just playing poorly in general.

I'd rather not have my teammates have a go at me.
>>
>>34873066
I brought Overwatch because some people at uni said they would play with me i do, they never did all they did was add me on battle net. Its fun playing by yourself for a while then i get boring but playing with people would be a lot better.

As for single player games they are always a go to game for me as someone with little to no friends. Games that have a huge and almost endless world and playtime to get immersed into like Morrowind, Harvest Moon or Elite Dangerous are just more appealing to me. Games that are primarily story focused are also good but they have to be under 15 hours for me to play it to the end I just finished Alan Wake it felt like a good length and i was just getting board with it. Games like Bioshock with such an awesome setting i can put up with more, i love everything about the Art Design of Bioshock 1 and wished i could have seen it before it got dilapidated especially Poseidon Plaza that place was awesome to explore and walk around.
>>
>>34873361
>tfw 3,000 playcount and cant even do anything above 4.5 star difficulty
>>
>>34873066
>started playing css 6 years ago
>at that time the game was already almost dead
>best time of my fucking life
>nice people
>good players
>without matchmaking it was just about fun and who is the better player

>csgo comes around
>css dies completly
>at first its shit
>later it got better
>started to attract normies
>the only good thing is that they kept the serverbrowser but its mostly surf and bhop maps anyways

I love the game so much, but I hate the people who play it.
Competetive is pure cancer.
I hope that the game dies like css so I can finally have some fun with true cs players again and not just the kids who play it because its 'cool'.
Im just addicted to this game...
>>
>>34874290
i played a shit ton of CSS back in the day, was some of the most fun i had with online buddies.

But as you say noone plays it any more, so now i have a 1200 hour game in my library that i dont play.
its a strange sort of feel.

also i tried playing CSGO and its trash, fuck anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>34874419
>also i tried playing CSGO and its trash, fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Granted, its not as good as css. But I need to play CS. Its the only game ive ever put 200+h into.
My only escape...
>>
>>34873066
>go on to iCCup
>4 people online
>2 lobbies for UMS games
>no 1v1 desti like the good old days
>decide to kms because good games are dead now
>>
>>34874572
spell icup nigga i dare you
>>
>>34874290
>>34874419
People still play CSS, at least a few thousand daily. I play CSS just to chill, and GO for competitive, even though a lot of people on GO are just completely toxic.
>>
>>34873193
Tbqh this is probably the answer.
>>
>>34873195
Also management games, if deep enough you can spend thousands of hours playing em.
>>
>>34875383
Yeah, these help you achieve escapism as well
>>
>>34875383
Give me some good ones, no anime shit
>>
>>34873066
I'm single player only these days. Multiplayer just bores me. I can only get into it if it's local multi like Smash or Mario Kart.
>>
I've gotten bored of single player games to be honest. I recently bought Red Faction: Guerilla and I got bored of it after like the first level. Multiplayer games are still fun though because you're playing against actual people. I usually play FPS games like Overwatch, Paladins, and TF2, and I occasionally play MOBAs too.
>>
>>34873066
You literally can't be a robot if you play multiplayer games.
>>
>>34875534
Fuck dude, 2bh my taste in games is not very robot tier but whatever I'll tell you which ones I like. If you have get any semblance of amusement from any sport I highly recommend playing a managing game based on your choice. I have never found games any management games deeper than sports.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.