[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think normies would judge me if I were to read this in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Book-akee.png (543KB, 511x723px) Image search: [Google]
Book-akee.png
543KB, 511x723px
Do you think normies would judge me if I were to read this in public?

Any tips on how I can hide it maybe?
>>
File: 1486870596801.jpg (79KB, 674x673px) Image search: [Google]
1486870596801.jpg
79KB, 674x673px
>reading physical manga
>Reading physical manga in public
>>
>>34864202
Feels better. And my eyes don't hurt as much.
>>
>go to manga corner in a store just to see what they have
>there's a girl
>she's checking out some yaoi stuff
>start looking around
>see some shojo stuff, then tate no yuusha, haganai, koe no katachi
>find to love ru
>can't help but crack a laugh and check it out with a smile
>realize something out in the corner of my eye
>the girl with the yaoi manga quickly took distance and looks at me like shit
>put the manga back and run away
>>
>>34864421
Why did you run away? To love ru isn't even hentai, little perverted, but that's it. For fuck sakes she was looking at Yaoi. You should've gone Chad mode.
>>
I always read manga during breaks, where my classmates don't care or in public transport , where I don't care.
>>
>>34864474
Fair enough, but do you read the ones with a flashy and perverted cover? I'm sure if they saw a half naked 12/yo, heads would turn.
>>
>>34864589
Girls und Panzer:Little Army was the last thing i read in break. If I were a normie I would be...disturbed. My classmates expected such behaviour of me...people from other classes weren't that surprised either, but still a bit disgusted.
>>
>>34864665
Yeah I tough to so. I might just get a book cover or something. So they don't know what I'm reading. Cause I don't want the qt in my class to see me reading stuff like this.
>>
>>34864806
And that is your problem. If you hide it behind a cover it will just come across even weirder. Just give up hope and be yourself.
>>
I rarely read Manga in paper format, but I recently read the memoirs of a guy called Ernst Juenger, who was an officer during WWI and II, and the cover was him in uniform.
To avoid any weird look, i took a book cover. You can find them for cheap on any site. It works great, and some even have some sort of string to keep the page you were reading.
>>
>>34864871
I don't know how would it be weirder? They wouldn't know.

>>34864891
Why would you hide it? That would look really cool. Yous look smart, cause to normies any peice of literature that isn't manga is considered intellectual.
>>
>>34864952
I mean, there are still people around or behind you, who will find it out sooner or later.

I'm not the other guy, but that is the sort of literature i would hide, but mainly because this is germany and I nearly got send to the principle for reading gun magazines.
>>
>>34864952
Because I live in Europe...
>>
>>34865029
To be more precise: I live in France, and anything regarding nazis is really frowned upon. The guy was in a WWI uniform, and even during WWII he took part in an assassination attempt to kill Hitler, but I was pretty sure people would be dumb enough to think i'm some sort of nazi apologist or something among those lines.
But honestly, to go back to the main topic, manga is alright to read outside as long as you don't try to look like a Chad. You shouldn't give a fuck about what people think of you, because nobody cares.
>>
>>34864141
>No Life

Well, it's certainly not false advertising
>>
The only manga I'd ever read in public would be jjba, anything else would be too autistic
>>
>>34864141
I did read the Spice&Wolf novels in public and I had no problem. Not like I care anyway.
>>
>>34864141
God damnit, I used to read stuff about economical psychology in public and didn't feel comfortable about it.

But this is one whole new level. Don't let your autism spill out Anon. I'm cool with weebs, but you guys are cringey as fuck.
>>
>>34865120
Yeah I suppose urope wouldn't like nazis. Over here in canada you'd seem smart.

And yeah, I suppose no one really has any expectations for me. So I don't have much to lose.
>>
>>34865266
I'm not one of those people that has their hands behind their back whyle they run. I try to keep it a secret, but sometimes I just want something to do whyle I'm waiting for class to start, or whyle I'm waiting for the metro.
>>
>>34865301
Then read something else in public, but this stuff is a big no-go if you want that others take you serious.
>>
>>34865268
Just as a quick thought experiment:
How many people do you remember from your day? I mean people you see in the street, in your school, how many do you actually remember by the end of the day?
Most of the time you vaguely remember a guy or two being a little weird, but you will most likely forget in a day.
Most people are like that: they are very preoccupied with how they look, but don't actually look at anyone else.
So you can read any manga, especially this one, as you will show to any weeb that you actually may have good taste.
>>
>>34865353
Yeah I suppose you're right annon. Even if they don't remember me they'll still judge me. But yeah fuck it. I just hope no one will come up to me and ask about it.
>>
>>34865506
I dunno how things go in Canada, but where I live nobody will care. Hell, someone once saw the (almost) hentai that is my cellphone wallpaper, and nothing happened. The worst that could happen is people who you don't know giving you weird looks, the best is finding someone that likes the same stuff as you (but nothing will likely happen though).
>>
>>34865343
>caring about what other think of your pursuits
found the normie.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.