[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how are normies able to hold conversations with each other for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1480459794117.jpg (85KB, 573x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480459794117.jpg
85KB, 573x400px
how are normies able to hold conversations with each other for so long? what is there even to talk about?
>>
>>34852759
it's always "the one time we got wasted..." if you're not in college, "this chick I've a crush on/I banged..." in college, meaningless chitchat at work after. unless you've interests and are a genuinely interesting person that is.
>>
>>34852759
There are different levels to conversation. Casual relationships call for casual conversation about shared events or interests. The more intimate your relationship with someone, the more abstract the ideas you talk about are.
>>
>no interests
>no concerns
>no political beliefs
>no realizations, or profound thoughts
>like the idea of talking to other people
>dont actually talk to people because it doesnt live up to my idealized version

truly the duality of man
>>
>>34852759
we just pretend to care and that we are actually interested in eachother
>"you go to school"
>yea sometimes
>"zomg me too so relatable"
>>
>>34853205
read up on a variety of topics so you can have a reasonably articulate opinion on most things
>>
File: 1450036764277.jpg (60KB, 500x607px) Image search: [Google]
1450036764277.jpg
60KB, 500x607px
>>34852759
how are you able to browse /r9k/ 24/7, isn't it supposed to be for "original content" but is the same 10 threads repeating endlessly?
>>
>>34852759
They parrot opinions they hear from various places and call other people faggots behind their back. Why the fuck do you think reality tv is so popular. People love gossip so much that when they aren't gossiping they're watching other people do it. Humans were a mistake.
>>
File: 1478547302309.jpg (58KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
1478547302309.jpg
58KB, 680x453px
>>34853001
but that can be talked about for so long. it seems like eventually every conversation would be the same thing over and over again.

>>34853157
what about somebody you're just getting to know?

>>34853262
its not about how original the post is. its about how you word it :^)
>>
>>34853853
thats the joke, a lot of them are. even more, they're not actual discussions, they're monologs where one waits for the other to finish to then tell (keep on telling) their own, mostly unrelated story.
once in a while though you'll find someone to have a nice, proper discussion about something you're both passionate about. one where you respond to your counterpart, maybe even change your viewpoint halfway through. where you may learn sth new from. and that's worth waiting out the mindless water-cooler talk for
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.