[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed I look at people's mouth and not at their eyes.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

I noticed I look at people's mouth and not at their eyes. Looking at someone's eyes seems unnatural and confrontational.
Can it be the reason why nobody likes me?
Anyone else having this problem?
>>
Do people notice that you are not looking them in the eye?
>>
File: Janis_20160825_122819.jpg (111KB, 737x552px) Image search: [Google]
Janis_20160825_122819.jpg
111KB, 737x552px
Yeah, I look at people's mouths sometimes when talking to them.
>>
>>34850827
Do they think it's creepy or do they not care?
>>
It's extremely uncomfortable for me too, I don't know what it is about eye contact but it's just wrong
>>
>>34850750
I have a hearing loss so I instinctively look lip read
>>
I personally can't look people in the eyes who are in my vicinity but I don't interact with.
Otherwise I can hold normal eye contact in conversations.

It goes like this

>oh, there is this cute girl
>want to look at her face
>can't because I'm not talking to her
>>
I do this and yes, it's a big reason people are less comfortable around you especially in the short-intermediate term sense.
>>
>>34850750
I do the same thing, but I think I do it to make it for myself easier to hear/understand people. I also work in a loud environment so that might be why. Maybe I'm autistic thou
>>
supposedly natural eye contact is supposed to shift between each eye and the mouth
>>
>>34850750
Its a common symptom for autism (I'm not joking)

You miss out on important nonverbal social cues. On top of that you come off as lower status, insincere and off putting.

Fortunately proper eye contact only takes a week ~ a month to fix depending on how much you interact with other people.
>>
Looking other animals in the eye is confrontational, there's a reason animals do not do it.

Except dogs, because dogs are normies.
>>
>>34850750
I do the same. It's probably because that's where the noise comes from.
>>
I can look people I know in the eye when having a conversation, but with people I don't know I feel like it's disrepectful to stare someone in the eye. Pretty sure I'm a sperg tho.
>>
I used to never look people in the eyes - to the point I would get called out for it. Then one day I started looking people in the eyes unrelentingly whenever I have a conversation. I feel much better now and I recommend it to everyone.
>>
>>34850750
Being alpha means confronting every human you meet. Anyone you talk to, look them in the eye. Force yourself if you have to. You'll eventually get used to it. It will make normal people more respectful of you and will intimidate beta losers like yourself.
>>
File: sfle.jpg (31KB, 459x464px) Image search: [Google]
sfle.jpg
31KB, 459x464px
>tfw make eye contact and periodically break it on purpose if it feels like I've been staring too long

anyone know this feel? make contact for like 10-15 seconds at a time, take a break for another 5-10 seconds, rinse and repeat?
>>
>>34851174
Yes, it is. But it could also indicate shyness. I personally get my thoughts easily confused, if looking the other person in the eyes, so that it is difficult for me to carry on the conversation. I have not been diagnosed with autism, but there's autistic people in my family.
>>
File: 1458981646123.jpg (86KB, 389x251px) Image search: [Google]
1458981646123.jpg
86KB, 389x251px
>>34851594
>"why's that guy staring at me so hard?"
>"who knows, i bet he thinks it makes him look "alpha" or something"
>>
>>34851639
If you equate looking at someone in the eyes when you speak to them with "staring" then you are autistic.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 640x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 640x700px
>>34850750
I try not to but it happens every time. I'm not sure if I'm autistic. I hope people don't notice
>>
Gorillas think eye contact is confrontational. Anyone who tells you it's normal human interaction is tricking you, the way a monkey would, and should, when they're too stupid to realize some people will notice.

It's the same thing as the concept of honor. It's not real, just meant to shame you into being less guarded.
>>
>>34851174
>You miss out on important nonverbal social cues.

Most people's faces are so doughy and horrible to look at it doesn't even matter. You're trying not to look at them anyway.
>>
I look at a persons whole face. When a person exhibits the slightest bit of positivity or extroversion I get extremely tired and worn out. When this happens I find myself looking everywhere in a bid to escape. I might glance at certain parts of their face like their mouth or their ear or try to look at something else. Sometimes I will try to stare them down so they think I'm intimidating or retarded and want me to leave.

It's basically a staring contest. Walking out the front door is akin to hitting the D-Day beach in Normandy. Or going over the top of the trench in WWI. It fucking sucks man.
>>
>>34851608
Shyness is just a euphemism for shitty presence and low status.
Looking at the lips do not give you any new information other than distinguishing ambiguous syllables

One of the exercise that helped a ton was practicing open eyed meditation facing a mirror.
>>
>>34851781
I get that too.

I don't give out Emmys so I don't know why these people are trying to hard. I want them to say their piece, and I'll buy it if I'm interested.
>>
>>34851710
It is not confrontational in humans. You interpret it that way because you have no meaningful social experience, and as an excuse to remain an autistic retard.
>>
>>34851596

personally i like to burn holes into the other person's eyes; after an amount of time it becomes force of habit and seemingly allows me to read the other person better
>>
>>34851639
No one thinks like this, you daft cunt.
>>
File: varg.png (4KB, 232x222px) Image search: [Google]
varg.png
4KB, 232x222px
>>34851806
don't project your insecurities onto other people.
>>
>>34851842
you ever heard the phrase "mad dogging" ?

that's what it starts to look like when you stare too long, especially if you're mad dogging random strangers
>>
>>34851829
>You interpret it that way because you have no meaningful social experience, and as an excuse to remain an autistic retard.

You act like you know everything because you're actually stupid as fuck and possess the intuition of a mushroom. What now faggot?
>>
>>34851180
Yes, most animals try to avoid looking other animals (and humans) into eyes, as in animal world it's a means of threatening someone. You know it when your cat starts to stare you in the eyes as it is angry at you and turns its head away just before starting to pur. It thinks it's a sign of friendliness to look the other way. Then again dogs are accustomed to the human species to the point they are imitating us in most things, like in their social behaviour. They can even tell that when a human shuts his eyes, he does not see and the dog may snatch the bacon.

Autistics have underdeveloped social intelligence closer to that of animals than humans.
>>
>>34851920
Good one. Now go back to looking at the ground like a monkey when someone talks to you.
>>
File: 1446128633446.jpg (34KB, 293x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446128633446.jpg
34KB, 293x281px
>>34851950
You win, you clearly need the internet points more than I do if you're giving life advice on /r9k/
>>
>>34851180
So is showing teeth but people still smile
>>
>>34851998
So do dogs. Doesn't mean a failed normie isn't being overly aggressive in their social extroversion when they attempt to peer into your soul like a hungry beast.
>>
God damn you people have actual autism.
>>
>>34852032
No shit Sherlock, this isn't facebook.
>>
This is normal. The mouth is where all the sounds and communication is coming from. Only broken people or someone wanting to fight look at the eyes.
>>
>>34852063
>Only broken people or someone wanting to fight look at the eyes
>delusional
>>
>>34851998
There's a subtle difference between barring teeth while growling and smiling. You'll learn with practice.
>>
>>34852071
Delusional isn't an argument, if you spent more time reading instead of forcing people to stare into your soulless jelly head-balls you'd be better at shitposting.
>>
>>34851806
You could be right. Being shy indicates that you are low in the hierarchy, and that someone might humiliate you for the things you do, like feeling attracted to someone, or feeling good or bad about what someone says to you. So you try to avoid looking anyone in the face to hide what you feel.

Many autistics have difficulties in processing what they hear, especially in an environment with some background noise, so they have to look at the lips of another person to understand what was said.
>>
I can manage to look people in the eye but after 1 to 2 seconds I feel like crying or looking away. I feel like I don't deserve to look in their eyes or I'm not the right person to. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>34852071
Not delusional, broken or wanting to fight. Delusional individuals typically stare through people, colloquially referred to as the thousand yard stare. Hallucinating people tend to look around, are easily distracted, and have trouble focusing on the current real situation.
>>
>>34852114
That's what they want you to feel so they feel better about themselves.
>>
>>34852114

I'm the opposite, other people are beneath me and it feels dirty to look at their eyes. Its that same creepy nails on chalkboard feeling I get when people post pictures of shit on here.
>>
>>34852102
enjoy staring at the ground while you talk to someone, faggot
>>
>>34851908

They're the one who want thoir eyes looked at. Now it's too much? They should make up their fucking mind already.
>>
>>34850750
i have a hard time understanding/hearing if i don't look at mouths. i can hear fine, but something about speech doesn't translate for me. i watch tv with CC, no matter how loud i can't understand speech very well. what's the matter with me?
>>
>>34852114
That reminds me of an issue I had with the camera.

Back in highschool for class photos I physically couldn't look at the camera, like it was painful. I always ended up looking like a retard.

I still don't get what that was
>>
>>34852200

Why would their mouth be on the ground? How would they even be able to talk like that?
>>
>>34851819
Do you ever get "vibes" from people? Maybe it's just a subtle combination of body language and tone of voice but I instantly judge a person based on a single look and the first sentence they speak.
>>
File: Aesthetic Trump 1.png (2MB, 1296x728px) Image search: [Google]
Aesthetic Trump 1.png
2MB, 1296x728px
>>34850750
>he doesn't realize that eye contact is literally the only way to get people's respect
>>
File: 1451550415562.png (50KB, 1167x554px) Image search: [Google]
1451550415562.png
50KB, 1167x554px
>>34852319
I get vibes all the time, it's horrible. I don't want vibes, they just happen.
>>
>>34852360
Literally 100% of (non blind) successful people have strong eye contact.
>>
>>34852319
That's also a perfect excuse to bullying. You just look at the other person, and then, as you get the "bad vibes", you decide that it is a bad person, and judge and condemn, that is the MOST popular means of bullying in the adult world. And you never even asked, or thought properly what was the reason for the bad vibes. I could have as well been the fact that the other person has something you are jealous of. So it's very dangerous and unjustified to judge people on the basis of some vibes only.
>>
>>34852360
Trumplets think vaporwave is still kawaii lmao.
>>
>>34852431
How to be a professionally victim blaming masochist: remedial class

inb4: you used a liberal buzzword
>>
>>34850750
If I take Xanax I make the perfect amount of eye contact without even feeling awkward idk it's amazing
>>
File: Clinton Landslide.jpg (271KB, 1194x763px) Image search: [Google]
Clinton Landslide.jpg
271KB, 1194x763px
>>34852438
SKARUMPF BTFO!
>>
>>34852461
I'm just telling how it is. It has nothing to do with being liberal to know about the methods of bullying in the adult world. Nor does it have to do anything with being liberal to know it happens. That's just shitty manipulation done by the bullies, to say that claiming that adult bullying exists, is either paranoia, or something else like being liberal, which is a new one to me. To deny the existence of adult bullying this way, enables bullies to go on with what they are doing.

What's that liberal buzzword you're talking about btw? Who's being the victim being blamed? What's remedial class? I only found this about it. But then again, I'm not a native English speaker.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/remedial

(And I just f*cking hate any brainless morons judging people to be either liberals or republicans or what f*cking ever, just on the basis of one f*cking word or one opinion. It happens in my country too, all of the time. You say that you would like to have full details of loose criminals to be published, including the color of their skin, and you get a herd of totally f*cking brainless leftists to attack your throat, even if EVERY other of your opinions would point to their direction. You say that you have a Somali workmate that is just okay, and you get a herd of totally f*cking brainless rightists to attack your throat, even if EVERY other of your opinion would point to their direction. I just f*cking can't take this brainless shit from people anymore. If someone comes and calls me a liberal, at my face, just for claiming that adult bullying exists, or comes and calls me a racist just because I want the newspaper to tell if was a black guy this time who shot someone, then I AM GOING TO KILL. :)

Safety emoticon added for the FBI.)
>>
>>34852866
you sound like a liberal left leaning cuck
>>
>post a thread about lack of eye contact
>people start arguing about politics
>>
The worst thing /r9k/ has done is give autists an echo-chamber to allow them to be bold and self righteous in their autism.

>lel no looking someone in the eyes is stupid looking at their mouth is just natural, idiots
>>
>>34852931
You're claiming a "liberal left leaning cuck" would say something like written under?

>You say that you would like to have full details of loose criminals to be published, including the color of their skin, and you get a herd of totally f*cking brainless leftists to attack your throat, even if EVERY other of your opinions would point to their direction.

Hehehe.
>>
>>34852982
Sorry I get a tantrum if someone's acting stupidly.
>>
>>34853259
a liberal left-leaning cuck would DEFINITELY type out "Hehehe."
>>
>>34853487
Yeah, and the weight of that obviously goes over what I just quoted. People are thoroughly amazing. Seeing only what they want to see.
>>
File: 1486777238760.jpg (9KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
1486777238760.jpg
9KB, 222x216px
>not wearing shades even in winter
>worrying about shit that should be automatic

wear shades, 1 less thing u gotta worry about. life with anne xiety is hard enough as it is.
>>
>>34853552
what kinda shades are good shades? They all look dorky to me
>>
File: edgy.jpg (40KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
40KB, 1154x1154px
>>34853575
Those dank edgy ones that the military wear?

>inb4 stealing valor
>>
>>34852431
Humans have the capacity to judge by sight. We know that if someone is running at us with a knife then we're in trouble. It's the same formula for when we see a person walking "angrily" with a scowl on their face and they grunt at you as they walk past. These simple, subtle inflections are picked up on very quickly by our subconscious, and yes, people without understanding will hate and bully others by what their subconscious tells them without really knowing why. Basically the same thing as a kid walking up to another kid on the playground and saying "I don't like you!".

The real problem we have in society is there is no common ground. No one knows how to communicate. I could google "how to look normal" and find thousands upon thousands of different blogs, articles and conversations of people discussing what it is to be normal and how to be normal as if anyone has any idea what that is.

We as human beings have evolved to be living in small tribes, where we know everyone from birth and we all act the same way.

The variation in peoples beliefs, behaviors and ideas has caused basically all problems in Western society. This is why Islam is such a dominating force, the people who believe it adhere to the same ideal and believe that everything that does not line up with that ideal should be eliminated from existence.
>>
>>34850750
amongst several mammals looking you at the eye is a clear display of beligerancy.

i can look people in the eye, but it always feels forced, dishonest, unnecesarely intimate, and retarded. Pretty sure it is just a social construct instead of natural human behaviour.
>>
If you move your gaze back and forth between someone's eyes and mouth, you're giving them a non-verbal cue that you're attracted to them.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.