[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/, do you ever donate blood? It's great. >roasties

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: who_021251.jpg (54KB, 426x284px) Image search: [Google]
who_021251.jpg
54KB, 426x284px
Hey /r9k/, do you ever donate blood? It's great.
>roasties there treat you like normal person because you're going out of your way to help people
>just sit and relax as it's going on
>get free snacks/drinks afterward
>contributing to society
>if a chad or stacey tries to make fun of you for being a worthless NEET you can say you donate blood for free on your own time, that gives you the upper hand and if they don't volunteer you can really condescend to them
>>
When i have blood drawn at the doctors its probably 1/4 of the amount id have to donate if i went to an event like OPs pic, and even that small amount makes me pass out, if i gave a full pint of blood or how ever much they take im 100% id die
>>
File: 1486353633206.jpg (60KB, 400x404px) Image search: [Google]
1486353633206.jpg
60KB, 400x404px
>>34845215
I donated Bone Marrow once.

Got a free mug, and they sent me a basket of fruit.

Treated me great. It was nice.
>>
I'm gay so I can't donate blood
>>
no but I sold my plasma a lot in college
>>
>>34845356
Hahaha shitpoker btfo.
Have fun not continuing your gene pool.
>>
>>34845289
Have you tried not being a pussy?
>>
>>34845760

yea but it didnt work i just passed out harder
>>
Gay. Can't.
Which is bullshit.
>>
>>34845787

hows it bullshit? normal people dont watch to catch aids and phail from you
>>
You want my blood? Fucking pay me.
>>
>>34845215
>donate
nigger please, bitches better pay me for my shit
>>
>>34845802
As a monogamous, tested homosexual individual, I don't want to catch AIDS from Chad and Stacy, who probably have a rare breed of fucking Double-Ultra-AIDS. But despite them being goddamm petri dishes, nobody rejects their "blood".
>>
>>34845375
>Have fun not continuing your gene pool.
You too.
>>
>>34845813
yeah this is my issue as well. At least throw me a 20 if you're gunna take a fucking pint of my blood.
>>
>>34845215
>giving away my virgin blood for free

no
>>
They got rid of payments for donating blood in my country.
>>
>>34845215
Can't. Afraid of needles.
>>
>>34845215
You have to be normie to enjoy this, the whole thing is social. A true robot would clam up havign to do this.
>>
>>34845215
No, but I've been thinking about it

Don't mind needles but I don't want to sit there for hours. How long does it take?
>>
>>34845965
And since my country has done >>34845990 , they can suck my dick, but not my blood as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>34845787
It's not bullshit. Blood banks are not THAT in need of people. They get plenty enough from straight people it's not worth the risk of taking it from gay people.
>>
>>34845215
The needle hurts, bro. It hurts so bad.
>>
>>34845215

I would, but I wasn't allowed to due to weak veins or something.
>>
>>34845356
>>34845787
How do they know you're gay? Do they test a bit of the blood they take and say, "yep, you're gay. go home."
>>
>>34846085
He probably does the gay walk.
>>
>>34846069
Nigga no it doesn't. The thing they prick your finger with to test for iron hurts more and that's only a prick.
>>
>>34845215
I'm a skelly lanklet so I always pass out which is pretty pleasurable. Hypoxia is always fun.
>>
>>34846085
In the UK they ask if you've had anal sex with another man before the donation.
>>
>>34845215
They don't let faggots donate blood last I saw. So that rules out most of the people here senpai.
>>
>>34846098
Oh my god they stick you twice? Thats even worse than I imagined.
>>
Fun fact: Most blood banks actually get way too much blood, and blood goes off like milk, so a significant percentage of people donating are just being humoured.

If you do donate, make sure to donate during times when absolutely nothing medically serious is on the news. The second you see a single hurricane, relief effort, bombing, etc, turn right around and wait a month, because by the time you're hearing it, the banks already have waaaay too much fucking blood.
>>
>>34846117
Do they ask the same thing of women? Women have anal sex with men.

I would think other gays probably just lie.
>>
>>34846184
I think they ask if you have had anal sex with a homosexual man, which applies to both men and women.

You're also criminally negligent if you lie to them.
>>
File: 590.gif (453KB, 280x207px) Image search: [Google]
590.gif
453KB, 280x207px
>mfw I harass past blood donors on the phone every 56 days asking them to donate more blood
>mfw most of them haven't even donated in years and freak and tell me never to call them again
See you in 56 days
>>
>>34846230
Can you phone me and ask for my blood, anon? I'm so lonely.
>>
>>34846174
Can confirm.
t. canadian blood services vampire

But there are shortages here and there throughout the year
>>
>>34846230
Get out of here Lestat, you're a fucking normie.
>>
>>34846298
You have to donate to get on the call list. I've talked with a few qt sounding grils before and there are qt call service grils
>>
My blood belongs to ME. It will not be used to save CHADS LIFE when he hangs himself because he has to pay child support.
>>
>>34845215
I would but I'm pretty sure my blood would curse or otherwise damage whoever was unfortunate enough to be transfused with it.
>>
Helping people is a spook.
>>
>>34845339
How painful is the big ass needle they stick in your hip?
>>
>>34846380
Chad does not pay child support. Chad is happily married with wife and 2 aspiring kids. If anything his ex wife pays HIM child support
>>
I can't, I'm on so much medication my blood is poisoness.
>>
>tfw last time I had my blood checked I nearly passed out because the nurse kept having to poke me
>tfw took a glance at the vial filling up and nearly saw my pathetic life pass before my eyes
why am I such a sissy
>>
>>34845215
NO NEVER DONATES BLOOD BECAUSE THE CHANCES ARE YOU'RE SAVING NORMIES
>>
File: 20161128_125146.jpg (1MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
20161128_125146.jpg
1MB, 2340x4160px
>>34846990
I didn't do it that way, they way I did it was by having one needle in one arm and one needle in the other, then you sit there for about 5 hours and it cycles through a machine and sucks the bone marrow out. The worst part is that you have to have somewhat painful injections for the 4 days prior which make your bones hurt.

Pic related, it's a poor picture of my bone marrow.
>>
>>34845215

I really don't feel comfortable doing it my blood sugar drops like so fast even when they took 5 small bottles for blood tests I started puking from feeling so weak and I had to have a chocolate bar and wait 10 mins before I could walk.
>>
>>34847269
How much do they pay you for that?
>>
>>34847748
Nothing. UK.
>>
>>34845215
Can confirm, a female donor actually wished me luck because it was my first time

Shame normies dont talk to me anywhere else

Only got to 475-480mls tho
>>
Lived in mad cow world for a year. Prohibited from giving my god tier blood in US now
>>
File: 1481078311186.jpg (94KB, 775x719px) Image search: [Google]
1481078311186.jpg
94KB, 775x719px
>give blood
>normie gets in car accident
>normie gets your blood
fuck nah, my blood stays with me
>>
>Free food

Sign me the fuck up, take all my blood and kill me but make sure to shove those snacks down my dead throat.
>>
>having your blood in another niggas boner
I'm not gay, sorry
>>
Type I Diabetes. Not allowed, though I think it's more for my own safety.
>>
>>34845215
yes i donate my blood once but in the country i live in the blood is sold by organized crime. so i don't think i'll do that again
>>
File: 352650.1.jpg (12KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
352650.1.jpg
12KB, 150x200px
>>34847833
>give blood
>normie gets in a car accident
>normie gets my blood
>with every drop he becomes more and more beta
>he starts failing at life
>he gets cucked by gf
>he gets gangraped by well endowed nubians
>mfw
>>
I regularly donate blood plasma because I'm a universal donor. I enjoy it because it's one of the few times I can just sit back, cover up in a blanket and watch a movie without being interrupted by something.
>>
>>34847779
How many donations you on lad? I'm on my 6th.

Apparently you get a badge on your 10th donation

>FREE tea/coffee after donation
>FREE unlimited chocolate biscuits
>FREE compliments on pain thresholds
>FREE parking
You lot should sign up
>>
>get smashed drunk and go to donate blood

Does this actually do anything? They've never questioned me or said anything about my blood being unsuable, and I have a real giggle about giving someone my alcoholic blood.
>>
>>34845942
>As a monogamous, tested homosexual individual,

That's great, but:

You can't base national policy on individual circumstances. Overall, the statistics just don't make it a good prospect.

For example, despite being roughly 1% of the population (generously) of the UK, homosexual males make up roughly 45% of HIV sufferers. This makes it overwhelmingly more likely that a homosexual male could unknowingly be infected with the virus than a heterosexual male would. Almost 50 times more likely, in fact.

You can screen all blood donations for HIV markers, but because there's a roughly 6 month window after infection when it's basically undetectable, it isn't foolproof at all.

Therefore, there is always a risk of unintentionally giving someone infected blood.

By alllowing homosexual males to donate, however, you're increasing that risk by, in the UK, 4500%. Do you really want to accept that, just so you can feel the brief moral joy of having donated blood?

If you'd take off the prejudice hat for a moment you'd realize: It's not discrimination, it's just common sense.
>>
>>34848275
Marrow just once. Blood I think I'm on 6 or 7. I got the card for doing 5 donations.
>>
>>34848296
Quick google search says they are instructed to turn you away if you are smashed not because it'll effect the donation, but because you'll lie/forget something when you fill out your questionnaire.

Also you'd need a lot of your blood to get them to even feel a buzz, they might get like .003 BAC from your pint of blood.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.