[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ok to hate happy people? Like I know it's not their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Barclay.jpg (84KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
Barclay.jpg
84KB, 694x530px
Is it ok to hate happy people?

Like I know it's not their fault that they're normal happy people, but I can't get over being envious of them.

I know I'm going to die alone a KV, and I've done my best to come to terms with that, but I still can't get over being angry at happy people.
>>
>>34838474
No it's fucking not.

How old are you? You do realize some people get happy even if they end up together in their 30's and 40's.
>inb4 >taking care of other man's children
Or at least you will consider to adopt once you man the fuck up and become a good parent (that I think most of /r9k/ could be, except the fags.)
>>
I have the same issue.
I mostly think of myself as above them in some way because in my opinion depression isn't a condition - it's the mind coming to terms with the truth that life is pointless.
I hate them as well but I wouldn't say I'm too envious of them (at least the ones I know):
>Talk shit behind each others backs.
>Pretend to be nice.
>Pretend to like people.
>Are constantly loud and irritating.
>>
>>34838496
Late 20's.

Not going to die a cuck, so fuck you.

There's no way I'd ever be fit to adopt, taking care of a dog is difficult enough as it is.
>>
File: 1484285662520.jpg (406KB, 1234x675px) Image search: [Google]
1484285662520.jpg
406KB, 1234x675px
>>34838519
Well, at least you could try to be happy alone like traveling a lot (by car, don't be stupid spending a fuckton on money on air), watching your chink cartoons, watching movies, etc.
There is always a way to be happy alone, maybe some Anon that accepted his fate and is happy as fuck will give you some advice but I don't guarantee it.

Just start minding your own business, try to be happy about them living their good life and just be happy by yourself as well.
>>
It's not that I hate them, I just don't understand them.

I've never been a happy person, even as a child.

I don't know how they all seem so happy and energetic all the time.
>>
>>34838657
Even if I find some way to "be happy" I know I'll never have a life anywhere near as good as they do because I wasn't born lucky.
>>
File: 9.jpg (357KB, 861x1920px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
357KB, 861x1920px
I feel the same way robot. At least Barclay had the privilege of retreating into the holodeck to play out his happy fantasies and pretend they're real. All we have is the internet and no matter how many great things we look up on it they are still intangible things that we will probably never interact with.
>>
>>34838474
Why care about others at all? To be upset at happy people is to let them control your emotions.
>>
That hurts my feels anon.
>>
I'm not envious of them, but happy people do annoy me sometimes. They always say "You just gotta fight man, keep going and some day you'll find your happiness too". But I don't know how to do this, I just don't have the willpower. And it bothers me that they think anyone can acquire happiness.
>>
>>34838953
You being unable to is entirely different than being unwilling to.
>>
>>34838784
Why the need to compare yourself to them? Also, it's more than just luck, you don't get to just degrade things other people had to go through to become happy on something as mundane as that.
>>
>>34839050
Because they have the things that everyone is told they'll have growing up, but since I wasn't born with good enough genes to be the top 20%, I'll never get to experience the things that just fall in their laps.
>>
Are other people actually happy?

I'm not sure I know what happiness actually is.

Maybe they all feel the same way I do all the time, but I doubt it.
>>
>>34839086
First off, these things don't just "fall in their laps", they had to work for it too, maybe less than you'll have to, but they did. Second, your looks might be affected largely by your genetics, but your mental capacities are not (at least not as much as looks), they are exercised. How far did you come in your career? Also, you didn't answer my first question, why do you have to compare yourself to others?
>>
>>34839162
Why do I compare myself to others? Because if I don't get to be happy no one else should.

Yes they do fall in their lap, you could be the most retarded chad, and all you'd have to do is not be ugly and end up with friends, women, and a family.
>>
>>34839179
You do realize that happiness is a subjective term? Something that doesn't make you happy, something you take for granted, means a world to someone else. Also, do you seriously think you'll attract any women with these complexes you are having?

>all you'd have to do is not be ugly and end up with friends, women, and a family.
And do you want to be friends or family with someone who'd accept any retarded chad to their group/family?
>>
>>34839226
There is literally no universe where I'd attract women. I don't give a shit if my attitude reduces my chances from -12% to -15%.

I'm sure most people here would take the blue pill and be a retarded Chad if given the chance, because that means happiness and not loneliness.
>>
>>34839270
As I said above, happiness is subjective and it's all a matter of your perspective on the world. You're just torturing yourself and stopping yourself from enjoying what little you have. Especially if you already gave up on women, I'd say you did the first step.

There is no blue pill, and you are what you are, you ought to learn to live with yourself.
>>
>>34839355
What I have is shit compared to what others have, so I will always hate them.
>>
>>34839378
You should experiment with drugs, anon
>>
>>34838474

Yes

In fact, it bothers me more that it's not their fault. If they'd work through it and overcome immense struggles for the happiness and success, I could not begrudge them that.

But most seem to just fall into it. Everything just magically lines up for them. Sure, they have difficulties, but they don't know what it's like to struggle for the basics. People born into happy families, without disabilities/chronic diseases/ugliness ... they were never tested.

And they just get to be happy. There's no reward for playing life on a harder difficulty. You try your best to make do with what you have, and all you get is more shit and normies offering their advice. It's easy to be magnanimous when everything in life has gone your way.
>>
>>34838474
Barclay was /ourguy/
Constantly bullied by chads worf and riker
Spends all day jerking off to Deanna troi in the holodeck
>>
nah
let them be happy, just envy them from afar knowing they can be blissfully happy

the culmination of me is incapable of happiness regardless of what i do, so its really not their fault
>>
>>34838474
>I know I'm going to die alone a KV, and I've done my best to come to terms with that
Translation:
>I've fooled myself into giving up on life because I'm lazy and a coward
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.