[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that you can't be a robot unless you care

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: RMS.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
RMS.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
Reminder that you can't be a robot unless you care about free software
>>
And know that what people refer to as "Linux" is in fact "GNU/Linux" or as I call it GNU plus Linux.
>>
File: 1458883888882.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458883888882.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>>34837118
>Reminder that you can't be a robot unless you care about free software
agreed
>>
>>34837118
I'm in my second year of compsci. I care about monetizing all software. Can you imagine a free distro that sells ad space on the desktop background? But then again I'm a libertarian, not a commie.

Can I at least be a cyborg?
>>
>>34838662
>Can you imagine a free distro that sells ad space on the desktop background?
I don't give a shit and GNU/Linux autism but how the fuck do you think this is a good idea? Jesus
>>
>>34838662
>But then again I'm a libertarian, not a commie.
i don't get this. you may have been being facetious, but just because you're pro-capitalism doesn't mean you can't appreciate people voluntarily working together to make free software. not everything has to mirror your political position.
>>
>>34838700
I respect people's right to work for free if they so choose.

Our political positions are determined by our morals, ethics and beliefs. Not everything has to mirror my political position, but that position is tied to the lens through which I view the world. It is inseparable from my perception and it heavily influences my thoughts and actions. I can't turn it off, because it IS me.
>>
>>34838662
>Can you imagine a free distro that sells ad space on the desktop background?
Why would anyone use that
>>
>>34838811
That's what we need to do. If we had the answer it would already exist. We need to find the feature that interests the customer base enough to ignore the minor inconvenience of seeing an ad in the blank space usually reserved for pictures of cats or mountains or a default company logo. Waste. If it was just a more secure windows 95 I would jump on it. I'm not the typical user though. We need to find the sales feature. It would be slow to grow, but the ad revenue would enable a lot of work to be done on it.
>>
>>34838769
>Not everything has to mirror my political position, but that position is tied to the lens through which I view the world.
what i mean is that not everything has to break down into those kind of categories, being communist or capitalist for example. there are other considerations for having an open source os besides economic that i think a libertarian would be interested in. i'm not trying to make you install gentoo. i just thought it was weird that you basically implied open source = commie shit.
>>
>>34838901
I know that the open source movement isn't actively trying to redistribute my wealth. I don't have any for the to do so if they wanted to. And there are many aspects I do appreciate. Their management of licensing fees. A company failing but not their product/legacy. Anybody being able to jump in and have the ability to do as they please with the source for the most part.
What would the open source movement look like in a deregulated society? I don't know that it would exist.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.