[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally give in to my mother's constant pestering about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>finally give in to my mother's constant pestering about me going to a therapist
>it's a numale manlet two years younger than me fresh out of university wearing tweed and problem glasses telling me to attempt to talk to random strangers at Starbucks to treat my social anxiety

Worst $300 my mother ever forced me to spend should have just let spend it on a mid tier prostitute instead.
>>
File: 1473286066520s.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473286066520s.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>34833429
God damn, I can just picture him in my mind and hear his voice and I want to punch him in the face. That's possibly my least favorite type of person, God damn.
>>
owned.

but yah, y not see a real psychiatrist
>>
File: 1482861272964.jpg (26KB, 232x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482861272964.jpg
26KB, 232x300px
It pissed me the fuck off on my therapist didn't want to share anything at all about their life with me.

I mean I understand they had to keep it professional, but it felt pretty alienating. I wasn't even looking to be their friend I was just trying to get perspective on things I was talking about, or see if they thought one way or another on something.

Fuck you Tom you lame ass mark.
>>
I go to therapy but it's free cause I'm such a mess lol
>>
I want to see a psychologist or psychiatrist but the price holds me back.

I'm in Australia and they're very expensive.

Feels like it would just be cheaper/easier to just "man up"
>>
I just write in a journal and see a shrink for meds. It's way cheaper than a therapist and it's basically the same thing, just without the idiot on the other end making snide remarks.
>>
If you have real social anxiety youre going to need pills. Ignore the therapy shit and get a psychiatrist.
>>
>>34833464
Haha that's funny, my last one was an old middle aged Jew who would never shut the fuck up about his daughter and how his condo board wasn't allowing him to buy a second condo, eventually I was the one who became the therapist, lasted two years with him.
>>
File: 14738423875.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14738423875.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>34833429
>anon just stop being anxious
>like just go and talk with people lmao
>>
Try mindfulness meditation for anxiety, really. It's free as fuck and is helpful.
>>
File: 1484654627326.jpg (59KB, 650x503px) Image search: [Google]
1484654627326.jpg
59KB, 650x503px
>>34833505
I honestly do believe that a good therapist ends up becoming a friend, at least in a certain light. They should care about you. If nothing else they should give a shit that your fucking funding their life so you're their bread and butter, and they should give a shit about that.

>FUCK YOU TOM. ELECTROSHOCK!
>>
>>34833498
If you get a mental health plan you can get 10 sessions free. It's not a lot but it's something. Some psychs will also reduce their prices for you.
>>
>>34833429
oh god how does this happen
>>
>>34833429
Is this murican thing to go to therapist for simplest of things?
>>
>>34833832
Yes, though I don't subscribe to it.
You need a really smart person to be able to actually break through and help you if you have an actual problem.

Talking to someone because you had a bad day or don't have a girlfriend is not something you need a therapist for, but everyone sends their kids to or goes to a therapist for bullshit like this.
>>
>>34833429
My mother pushed me to go to therapists since like 5th grade until 11th grade
Fucking insufferable lot, near the end I started quoting random movies or shit to see if they were paying attention and surprise surprise they weren't
>>
I honestly don't know if my new therapist is helping.
My last one was the best, but she moved. We were basically friendly from day 1 and talked a lot, as you would with a colleague.
My new one is... hands-off? She doesn't interject much, or provide much in the way of her own opinions. She's gotten a lot right in the end, but mainly she sits still and silent for most of the session and only stops to briefly talk about how I'm feeling at long intervals.
Also she's German, and new enough at the English language that she sometimes doesn't know a word, so there's that.
I guess I just feel like she's only a person to project my words at.
>>
>>34833518
just b urself and youll succed no matter what bro
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.