[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /r9k/ like Vsauce? If so which is your favorite? Vsauce,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (147KB, 1723x970px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
147KB, 1723x970px
Does /r9k/ like Vsauce?

If so which is your favorite? Vsauce, Vsauce 2 or Vsauce 3?
>>
>pop-sci

Fuck off.
>>
>>34827613
What's bad about popsci?

It's still science, just accessible to dumb people like me.
>>
The only good Vsauce is the original.

>>34827613
Vsauce is good pop-sci. It actually bothers to explain concepts, namely when it comes to math.

>>34827649
Because most popsci is complete garbage. It's sensational and inaccurate as fuck. A great example is how most quantum mechanics documentaries imply the universe is "watching" you which is why the observer effect exists, or writing off nuclear as "dirty" power without any reasoning what-so-ever.
>>
>>34827742
I do remember /sci/ dudes actually liking Vsauce, which is rare for any 4chan board to do of things concerning their specific. topic.
>>
>>34827574
Vsauce 2 master race
>>
File: 1454856081520.jpg (279KB, 1049x585px) Image search: [Google]
1454856081520.jpg
279KB, 1049x585px
post em desu
original oregano origami
>>
File: 1456451722055.jpg (55KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1456451722055.jpg
55KB, 555x555px
>>34827940
>post em
5 em
>>
normal Vsauce or bust, everything else is for 16 year old kids who dont get what micheal says.

opinions on the youtube red thing and his collaboration with adam savage? personally im happy for him, his production quality always was a bit above "normal" youtube so it seems natural, but obviously it sucks for the viewers who get even less episodes.
>>
>>34828251
Mind Field is basically higher quality Vsauce.
>>
>>34828251
The episodes out now were made several months ago so it's not like the Youtube Red stuff is directly cutting into the time he's using for regular videos, unless a season 2 is coming out.

I have YT Red since I'm too lazy to get adblock on my phone and like being able to turn the screen off to chill to music and his Mind Field videos are all pretty prime, it reminds me of when the Discovery Channel was good, except arguably better.
>>
>>34828251
I hate anything to do with Youtube Red, so it's a shame that Vsauce went that path.
>>
>>34828359
Didn't mean to keep that 5 on from my failed maymay.
>>
>>34827911
/sci/ kinda likes numberphile as it's one of the only really popular math outlets there are
>>
>>34827574
Gotta hand it to 1 the original and he seems the most like a true brainiac. Never heard of 2.
3 is like a cross between youtubers "because science with kyle hill" and "matt shea".
>>
>>34828405
numberphile really understood something about youtube with how they often separate the longer proofs from just the general idea of a concept so /sci/ wont be triggered by it being to simple while the typical youtube user can watch it with his 15 minute attention span.
>>
>>34828377
Just download them from The Pirate Bay or something.
>>
>>34828251
Mindfield is great. Free 30 day trial on YT red is worth it. It'a basically Vsauce except Michael is more involved and hands on in the experiments and demonstrations, rather than just talking about them
>>
>>34827574
Vinesauce is the only correct answer.
>>
>>34828583
Vinny or Joel? others don't matter
>>
>>34827574
I liked Vsauce until those shitty Youtube Red videos.
>hehe everyone is actor but this guy xD
No Michael, that guy is obviously a fucking actor too. The "social experiments" just seem too fake and unnatural. Even if they're not actors and actually are that autistic/stupid, I don't want to be watching that shit. I have no way of knowing if it's real or not. I think I saw 4 of them before I gave up, it's probably the same crap in all of them.
I'll still watch his normal videos, though. He's clearly very intelligent, and he has a very good personality that makes him interesting to listen to.
>>
>>34828947
The psychological experiments he does in Mind Field are all based on actual, *repeatable* studies on the effects of peer pressure.
>>
I like Micheal. He's one of those people who genuinely enjoys learning anything he can and I wish I was one of those people.
>>
>>34828598
I enjoy them equally.
>>
>>34829198
Yeah, and I never denied that. I'm just saying that there's nothing entertaining about watching mock-up psychological experiments that have already been conducted by other people. Maybe it'd be bearable to watch if he didn't try to pass it off as real, which it clearly isn't.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.