[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does meditation work? I was thinking about a theory, but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1341341.jpg (50KB, 480x480px)
1341341.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
How does meditation work?

I was thinking about a theory, but I don't know if it's realistic enough.
We're all NEETs slobs, and our main problem, let's be honest, is that we are lazy as fuck. We suck when it comes to productivity, and we have the attention span of an over-excited dog.

Now, could meditation help us? When I think about my current ability to study or do anything that is not shitposting on 4chan, I'm sure that I can last, at best, 2 hours. After those 2 hours I will be burnt out, and for the rest of the day I will be too mentally tired to do anything else.

Now, what if after those 2 hours I meditated for 30 minutes? I have no experience on meditation, but from what I've gathered it should ''restor'' you, and put you on the moment again, as an observer. Given these conditions we would be able to study or do whatever we have to do for 2 other hours.

Also I know that meditation is ultimately a skill, and with enough practice we can become really good at it, to the point where we could, ideally, put ourselves in autopilot and study/do what we have to do 16 hours everyday with almost no effort.

Is meditation the best route to success? Can any robot into meditation here confirm or debunk my theory?
>>
>>34822095
>How does meditation work?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PxJ0N2vq2GM
>>
>>34822444

i've read lots of things about meditation, but none of them deal with how refreshing and restoring meditation actually is.
I'm interested in hearing the opinion of people who actually meditate, just to know if my theory is realistic or not.
>>
>>34822473
I practice zazen and vipassana meditation daily, ama.
>>
>>34822648
What spiritual realizations have you had? About free will, existing, ego, etc?
>>
>>34822648
Can you answer to the question I've posed on the OP post?

Through meditation could I, for example, spend entire days only studying and meditating? Let's say that every 2 hours of work I would meditate 30 minutes: could I mantain this rythm for, let's say, 12 hours everyday (with 2 1 hour pauses to eat and exercise)?

Is becoming an observer and living in the moment enough to ignore every istinct that tells you to stop studying in order to lose time shitposting?
>>
>>34822674
>free will
Not much tbqh, as far as I can tell a deterministic universe is virtually indistinguishable from a chaos universe from the point of view of an individual human.

>existing
Basically reality is a product of your observation, if humans weren't here to observe the universe as we know it would cease to exist. Basically collective-solipsism.

>ego
What you call "you" isn't real. It's pretty much just a collection of memetic structures/social institution that you have internalized through years of social interaction and introspection. Your identity is the thoughts in your head, if you can ignore the endless bullshit parade in your head you can escape the illusion of ego.
>>
>>34822798
>Through meditation could I, for example, spend entire days only studying and meditating? Let's say that every 2 hours of work I would meditate 30 minutes: could I mantain this rythm for, let's say, 12 hours everyday (with 2 1 hour pauses to eat and exercise)?

If you were meditating properly you would probably realize that maintaining your schedule is ultimately pointless and counterintuitive. The more you try to control and regulate life the more chaos and strife will rise up to counter it. It's like the old Taoist saying: the more laws you create the more crimes appears.

>Is becoming an observer and living in the moment enough to ignore every istinct that tells you to stop studying in order to lose time shitposting?
Yes actually, meditation is a great way to get rid of nagging impulses.
>>
>>34823149
>If you were meditating properly you would probably realize that maintaining your schedule is ultimately pointless and counterintuitive.

What about the fact that I'm already sure that to become truly great in what I'm doing (currently studying Math), whether I like it or not, I have to study ungodly amount of hours?
I'm enthusiastic about doing so, but as soon as I try to put into it real hours, as I should, I just stop functioning and literally everything a distraction.

From what I've gathered meditation could help me, am I wrong in thinking this? If it can then I'll become a meditation virtuoso. Anything goes when it comes to reaching my personal goals.
>>
>>34822444
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zFliUOeu6Y

I listen to this one before going to sleep. It's good for someone overly anxious to be reminded that the future literally doesnt exist.
>>
I've been meditating for a little over 2 months. I've only been doing 15-30 minutes/day, but I've already seen great changes. Going off my anti-depression and anti-anxiety medications well. It's helped a lot with controlling anxiety in particular.
>>
>>34823230
You will never be a great mathematician through studying alone

And if you find a degree hard and need to study a lot you might as well go into finance or economics instead
>>
>>34823230
If your studying out of your own enthusiasm it might be a different story. Why don't you just try and find out? Don't be dissuaded if you can't get it right away, it takes time for everyone.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.