[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get one of your kind to take a hint that I am uninterested

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: this guy....jpg (10KB, 198x171px) Image search: [Google]
this guy....jpg
10KB, 198x171px
How do I get one of your kind to take a hint that I am uninterested
My roommate is a mild version of you guys. Complains about being foreveralone but routinely rejects suggestions that would help (suggestions past just be yourself mind you)
Borderline alt right but thinks Trump is going too far
Continuously insists he lacks empathy (but says ADHD is the only thing he has)

I don't want to be a dick to him because even though I disagree with a lot of his beliefs he's not really a bad person, just a really fucking obtuse one. He'll try to talk my ear off no matter what, I can be listening to music, I can be in a game, I can be doing homework, I can be reading a book, and he'll try to engage me in a 20 minute conversation about the most banal shit.

Sometimes its bizarre, because he's a borderline weeb and I like a lot of Japanese stuff too but he can somehow precisely pick the lines of conversation that will be incredibly boring.

Sometimes its so infuriating and I really want to lash out but can't bring myself to do it and just go through a cycle of maybe 3 generic responses hoping that'll give him the hint but it doesn't fucking work.

What would it take to get one of you guys to realize someone doesn't want to talk to you right now?

Typing this out, I suddenly sympathize a lot with girls who can't seem to shake guys off from texting them and aren't direct.
>>
Examples of banal boring stuff he says?
>>
>>34822022
>What would it take to get one of you guys to realize someone doesn't want to talk to you right now?
>one of you guys

Kill yourself
>>
1. ROASTIES FUCKING

LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE

Second of all your suggestions, without knowing what they are, probably boil down to

>just be confident brah
>just bee yourself brah xd xd xd

third of all:
LEAVE ROASTIE TOASTIE GO BACK TO CHAD AND GET PUMPED N DUMPED
>>
>>34822022

>i don't want to talk to this person, but i'll keep responding anyway even though this has never gotten the result i want

Stop talking around the issue like a fucking pussy and just tell him directly that you are trying to do X and you don't want to talk right now. He's fucking autistic, he will never catch on anything less subtle.
>>
>>34822022
Fucking kill yourself faggot bloxx
>>
>>34822049
Literally right after I finished this post he started talking to me about how this manga he's reading has inaccurate yen to dollar conversion rates and how its a silly example of Japanese nationalism blah blah fucking blah mini pseudo economics level blah discussion of most relevant currencies in the world and now I'm just going "uh huh" as I type this post.
>>
You sound like a girl OP. If so, why are you rooming with a guy?
>>
>>34822135
Why don't you let him fuck you for a night and make him a normie. Like jesus just spread your legs for a couple of minutes.
>>
>>34822022
It sounds like you have a lot of contempt for him. Somebody like that probably has reasons for having this sort of worldview, after all it doesn't just appear from nothing.

Ideally what you would do is to find some outside way of disproving his thought process. This would dislodge him from the cycle of self-hatred reinforced from outside sources.

Being direct in this way would only reinforce his view. It's like when you have a kid with ODD, punishing them just makes them more angry and defiant, not less.

You need to find a way to show him that his view is wrong, because somebody like that can't come to that conclusion by way of mere words.

He just needs a reason to stop being a faggot.
>>
>>34822146
I'm a guy I just don't like being mean to people who I know will take it too seriously. One of our other housemates is pretty good at stopping him in his tracks but he's far more aggressive than I want to be and also it leads to my roommate complaining about the guy being a dick to me for an obnoxious amount of time no matter how much I try to explain how he might be in the wrong.

>>34822179
But I'm a guy and also not full blooded Asian I don't think he will like me.

>>34822097
I will sometimes ignore him by feigning my music is too loud or say I'm doing something important and then he will either walk over and repeat my name ad nauseum or go "finished yet?" every 2 minutes
>>
>>34822135
So what interesting shit would want to talk about?
>>
>>34822022
be honest to him

it's a lose lose situation for you anyway
>>
>>34822022

Tell him to fuck off. Really. I've been around a few people like this and they never get the hint until you are blunt as possible.
>>
>>34822220
So are you a normie? introduce him to some thirsty girl in your friend circle or ask a girl to feign interest for a while and take his virginity. Like honestly what the fuck are YOU doing to help him?
>>
>>34822188
He's seen this before
Another housemate of ours was in a very similar state to his but more of a memelord rather than an autist, but ended up picking himself up, getting fit, and eventually going on dates.

I remember vividly one night before this housemate went on a date he kinda went on a passive aggressive bitter virgin rant about how the system is rigged against him despite having money and unironically used the term Chad to describe our housemate. It was very alarming, like seeing a meme come to life.

It seems like most of his issues stem from women since thats what most of his complaints are about and I can't think of a better way to change that mindset than to have someone around the same starting ground (maybe worse since this guy is poor) show that it can be done.
>>
>>34822225
I like talking to him about anime and videogames but it seems like I always have a random time limit before it becomes a ridiculous conversation about Japanese society or League of Legends for possibly up to an hour

When we first lived together it was fine but after 7 months of this I sometimes fantasize about just slitting my throat so it'll end faster.

>>34822272
I'm not really a normie although he kinda thinks I am, for some reason he thinks I'm very good with girls and I have no idea why.

Any female friend I introduce to him will not be my friend afterwards I am sure. The only single ones I know are incredibly liberal anyway and they'd clash very fast.

>>34822269
>>34822253
But I still have to live with the guy for the indefinite future, I can't just move. I also don't think he's a bad person even if his views are fucked. I actually liked him a lot before we moved in together, I figured he was a bit on the spectrum but it wasn't that apparent until I got such large doses of him.
>>
>>34822293
>It seems like most of his issues stem from women since thats what most of his complaints are about
What are his complaints? Is it just tfwnogf or is it worse?
>>
>>34822364
>I also don't think he's a bad person even if his views are fucked
that's even more of a reason to be honest to him, not mean asshole honest though

guys even autists are a lot better at being called shit than you may assume
>>
>>34822412
tfw no gf + admitting to a lot of his flaws while rebuking literally every single attempt made to provide him with a solution

>I'm a bit overweight
>"I can go to the gym with you" - myself and several friends
he then goes maybe thrice the first week, misses a day the next week, stops the third. This is the absolute best streak I've seen

>"I don't know how to meet girls"
>"We can join a club together or you can come to one of mine"

He'll delay and push it off and never do it

>"I don't know how to talk to girls"
>"You have to practice man, its fucking hard and it sucks but just try making a generic comment to one you see around campus that you likely won't see again and then slightly move up from generic comment to conversations etc"
>"Matt you have no idea how much easier said than done that is"
>"Yeah you're totally right but just think of it as grinding in a videogame you like"
>"But I always use walkthroughs or cheats for those why can't you just give me one for real life? I'm a very lazy person you know this."

After one of our late night conversations devolved into that I kinda just gave up, I don't know what to do past that aside from try and befriend girls for the sole purpose of throwing them at him.
>>
>>34822364

You dont have to like your roommate. ISn't he also fucked if he moves out?>
>>
>>34822220

>i will sometimes ignore him by lying and not directly addressing the issue

Yes, I know. That's what you are doing wrong. Directly state to him that you don't want to talk at that time. It is the only thing that will work.

Your problem is solved. The end.
>>
>>34822417
I've tried testing the water with this. He loops into some phrases so many times in a conversation that it kinda makes me cringe. One time I came back from a party while drunk and thought I'd be able to fully engage in a conversation with him since I was feeling bad about being this way towards him.

He starts using that same damn phrase as if it were a comma, I try to politely point out that it's unnecessary and he can just continue his train of thought, he apologizes and tries to cut down. Two days later he's back at it again.

Judging from this small thing I don't think he'll be very receptive unless I make a huge indent.

Maybe I am just too passive and this should teach me to change
>>
>>34822549
I think that guy like most robots just needs to develop an association between the sorts of suggestions that you're making and the sort of results he wants, even if it's small at first.

Right now I think if you got right down to it he just doesn't think any of these things would genuinely help.

I'm not saying you can really pull this off but I think even a small victory derived from one of these would do wonders to get the ball rolling on genuine self-improvement.

For example, if he were to have a short but genuinely decent conversation with a girl at the gym, or just receive a sincere compliment on getting out there, he'd be way more likely to go back and keep at it.

From my own experience, some drunk girl at a bar said I was really cute once, it made me super happy for a solid week. A little bit can really go a long way.
>>
>>34822673
Would it be fucked up of me to try and get a female friend of mine to compliment him in this situation?
>>
>>34822698
Depends, if he knows her, and could have reason to suspect you set it up, then yeah, and it wouldn't work anyway.

If he doesn't know her, then it'd prolly be a good idea, the only thing is it would have to be believable.
>>
>>34822022
Reject him.

Don't hint towards a rejection. Don't ghost him. Don't imply that now's a bad time and maybe in the future you might date him. Reject him.

Dumb cunt.
>>
>>34822135
be honest and tell him you dont give a fuck
>>
>>34822570
This and explain to him what he's doing is autistic and if he gets pissy that's his problem and has low intelligence
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.