[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop drinking? I can go a few days, but it always

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

How do I stop drinking?

I can go a few days, but it always comes back.
>>
>>34821587
shit, pic related happened to me after some heavy nights but since half a year ago. Before I could drink lots but only get slight hangover symptoms. Where did this paranoia shit suddenly come from?
>>
>textual related paranoia

what does this mean? you get butthurt by text words?
>>
>>34821587
Just stop. The only way is discipline, otherwise you will never stop.
>>
Only drink good stuff.
That's how I stopped smoking. I smoked cigars instead of cigarettes.
Never came back and I don't feel like smoking anymore.
Alcohol it's a bit harder, but only drinking expensive stuff kinda forces you to be more rational. I also stopped drinking on late hours.
>>
File: 1486834838408.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486834838408.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>remembering all the stupid shit I said and did while drunk
oh god

luckily I never got into fights or anything serious though, just made a fool of myself many times

Nowadays I just like to chill with a few beers. It's comfy.
>>
>>34821644
that pic hits hard.

I generally feel like that every sunday. Getting tired of it.

The "crippling textual related paranoia" and "sore hair" are really relatable

I remember one night i drank a shitload of vodka, and then went to the bar. Blacked out.

Next day I had to drive 150 miles. Felt like I was losing my damn mind. Holy shit that was bad. Was almost hallucinating.

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself
>>
>>34821679
it's hard to explain, but after a long bender I remember feeling stuff with my hands and it just didn't feel good. Like my hair would feel really thin and gross, even though it's normally fine.

Hard to put into words if you haven't felt it anon.
>>
>>34821679
I know what it feels like but I can't put it into words.
For example you remember words you said or wrote to someone, they come to you as flashbacks unconsciously and you feel a wave irrational and extreme shame and anxiety flow through you as you think of these. It's hell
>>
>>34821587
That's supposed to happen after you drink? That's my daily life, and drinking makes me feel better, up to a point...
>>
>>34821880
it's alcohol withdrawal symptoms actually
>>
>>34821710
It's the shakes, a coloquial name for alcohol withdrawal.
That's only the tip of the iceberg. I had far worse sympthoms such has rapid heartbeat, sweaty palms, mild convulsions (thou they left me in pain when they go away), difficulty to breath, feeling doom and despair.
I also suffer from anxiety, to add insult to injury.
>>
Working out, gaining muscles help.
More muscle mass means that your body can take more alcohol before getting drunk.
That's why women get drunk easier, they have smaller bodies, less muscle mass compared to a male of the same height, and smaller liver, kidneys. They can't break down alcohol as fast.
>>
>>34821908
Well shit. I guess I should be drinking more.
>>
>>34821927
>mild convulsions
Had these really bad for a while when I was drinking everyday, it was pretty much like mini seizures.

by the end of a period of getting them I'd be clammy with cold sweat and dissociated, exhausted.

Never got severe withdrawals but the anxiety and jerking/brain zaps were enough to make me cut down

that and fucking up my whole life through alcoholism, losing most of my friends and dissapointing my family more than they thought possible.
>>
>>34821927
Had all of this shit too one time.
It just all came suddenly when I went to bed one night (had been drinking the two nights before this) and I couldn't sleep all night. In the early morning I went to a hospital because I was scared I might die because of my extremely fast heartbeat. The doctor said there wasn't anything he could do to help me but send me into a psychiatric hospital. I declined and went home, all the anxiety and paranoia faded away throughout the day.
Somehow I still didn't quit drinking
>>
>>34822032
>brain zaps
holy shit. i didnt know there was a word for this. literally how it feels. baseline hangover fear and then BOOM terror, back to fear
>>
I drink often but I never get plastered. I have like 3-5 beers over a period of like 4 hours on average so I never really deal with hangovers or the shakes or withdrawal

but I do drink too often, like 3-4 nights a week
>>
File: 1486710903650.jpg (39KB, 639x719px) Image search: [Google]
1486710903650.jpg
39KB, 639x719px
>promised myself I wouldnt drink
>clean for 2 weeks
>suddenly huge mood swing
>went to the shop and bought a bottle of whiskey and a pack of smokes

i fucking hate myself
>>
>>34822014
Or rather, have a better drinking schedule.
By drinking more, you are rising you alcohol tolerance, but that also increases the intensity, quantity and duration of the withdrawal sympthoms.
That's why medics give benzos to people with alcohol problems. In theory they help you lessening the sympthoms, allowing your body to recover, but at the same time it could very likely open up a doorway to benzos addiction.
If you become reliant on benzos for operating like a normal person, or to at least sleep well at night, you are screwed up, man.
>>
File: Muchthirsty.jpg (57KB, 432x650px) Image search: [Google]
Muchthirsty.jpg
57KB, 432x650px
>>34821587

I have times where i'll drink a glass of single malt every night to not drinking for weeks. Things that stop me are.

>Malt Whiskey aint cheap
>Think about my health
>My alcohol tolerance increases so i have to drink more to get off on it.
>>
>>34822145
thats why i wont take benzos.

i already drink like shit. i dont need something else
>>
it's weird how I can stop smoking after 5 years and opiates after 3 but drinking I can't. I get the shakes but worst of all is the hearing of things at random (knocking on the door and voices). but yet right now I have 3 tall cans of beers that are 9.0 abv waiting for me. it's crazy
>>
>>34822145
>If you become reliant on benzos for operating like a normal person, or to at least sleep well at night, you are screwed up, man.

Well I can't operate like a normal person. Would they help? I already have to take a bunch of benadryl to keep a normal sleep cycle.
>>
>>34822154
I used to drink red wine, like half a bottle per day, and even a whole bottle on weekends.
I started drinking whiskey aswell. It's hard to go back to wine, not much because of the alcohol itself, but because I don't enjoy wine as much as I used to. Red wine is pretty heavy, thick as a liquid. It's like drinking very concentrated black tea with added alcohol.
>>34822145
I agree. I prefer to take vitamin suplements and infusions to replenish what alcohol takes, to help digestion and sedation. Also, to keep myself hydrated.
>>
>>34822328
thats nothing dude
>>
>>34821679
You fear that you may have done something or said something to others during a blackout, which will be brought back to light in the form of a text.
>>
>>34822328

Malt whiskey anon here. Yeah i drink Red wine occasionally at weekends and can down the whole bottle in one night easily. Usually open it around 6ish then drink it as i watch a movie until its gone and i dos'nt even really give me a hangover the next day, my shit is just really dark ha ha.
Sometimes i do it cause i;am bored and getting abit bad makes it more fun.
>>
>>34821587
i have no problem casually smoking crack every now and then but i need beer all day everyday

i think some people are just drunks for life, anon
>>
>>34821587
I've been dry since New Year's now and one thing that I do not miss is this. For me though, it would kick in - or a flavour of it - by the end of the night, not just the morning after. Extreme paranoia, scattered thoughts, some psychosis and hallucinations and a pathological fear of being deprived of alcohol in spite of the fact that I needed to stop/ had already vomited.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.