[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you save money Robots ? write everything you do so we

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

How do you save money Robots ?
write everything you do so we can learn from each other, stuff like live in basement for free and steal newspaper from others etc.

> steal toilet paper from public places
> gather water from the river to water plants (carrots and stuff in planting pots on my balcony)
> plant own tobacco and stop smoking when my stock from last year is empty
> take salt, mayo and ketchup packages from fastfood restaurants
> gather wood sometimes with my car for my furnace to heat
> gather old paper to press it into burnable paperblocks for my furnace
>shower in public places like the gym hall
> go on free conventions for free advertisment presents
> repair shoes with ductape
> buy cheap cola, acctually tastes like coke but for other fizzy drinks is no replacement (cheap stuff just tastes horrible)
> always buy cheapest potatos, now diffrent to expensive

so the next thing i wanna invest is into a solar pannel to heat a backingoven for backing my own bread, but i have no knowledge in this.
Has sb an idea how to save gas money ? I have a car that uses normal gasoline but a new car with diesel is to expensive for me... sb advise ?
>>
>>34814289
I bank with Bluebird. Having no fees whatsoever saves me more than enough money to cover literally everything you listed there (I have a natural gas heater and don't smoke).

Water costs an average of $1.50 for every 1000 gallons that you use. It's not worth my time to do what you do.

As for a car, just go for full electric, like the Nissan Leaf or something. Electricity is cheap as fuck, and you get like 90 miles per charge.

Also, buy actual wood furniture. It will last a lifetime, unlike that poly board bullshit, which dissolves when it gets wet.
>>
I have a graduate level job and don't spend any money because my only hobby is shitposting on the internet
>>
File: 1474195604579.jpg (51KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474195604579.jpg
51KB, 1000x800px
i dont use furniture really only 1 wood desk and a couch i sleep on, electricy cars still to expensive even if my country subsidies it.
But if get enough i will buy one :) do electic tractors exist ?
And most important whats bluebird, can you explain it to me :)
>>
>>34814546
yeah i wanted to make a sort of threat for poor bots that life from neetbux, because they are sometimes funny ideas of saving money :D
>>
File: bluebird-fee-chart.png (91KB, 293x483px) Image search: [Google]
bluebird-fee-chart.png
91KB, 293x483px
>>34814568
Just look up Bluebird by American Express.

Also, invest in a good bed. I was like you, sleeping on whatever furniture I could in order to save money. Works ok when you are young, but it fucks up your back, either costing you time off work, or money at a chiropractor or massage therapist when you're older.

You spend one third of your life sleeping. Make sure its on something worthwhile.
>>
>>34814591
>Invest in a good bed
^FUCKING THIS!^
Also, when looking for a bed, do your research. STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM PILLOW TOPS. I weight 135 lbs, and it still collapsed on me within 2 years. 700 bucks down the shitter.

Got a purple mattress now. Paid 166.50 per month for 6 months, and got a queen sized bed delivered straight to my door. If you just need a Twin sized one, you can get it for 116.50/month.
>>
I just go without. Don't have a car, nor do I want one. I just bike everywhere unless I have to go grocery shopping, which is when I call a cab/Uber. When grocery shopping, I shop with a basket rather than a cart because it forces you to avoid buying anything that isn't totally necessary. Etc etc.

I have very few belongings.
>>
File: 1475456322765.jpg (40KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1475456322765.jpg
40KB, 500x484px
>>34814645
yeah i kind of need my car to gather large ammount of woods and i make sometimes money on working on Building site so i also need it, and soon i will go to the university and by using the car i can stay at my cheap appartment
>>
oh i have also to pay no fees on my bank acc, so it dont helps me :P

hey but you surely safe also money somewhere ? do you ?
>>
>steal toilet paper
>steal liquid detergent from roommates
>study for free with german tax payer monies
>take advantage of strong exchange rate
>buy everything at the dollar (euro) store or cheap supermarket
>get a plastic surgery on a neighbouring slavic shithole (anything but frugal but still saved half of the money)
>>
>>34814289
Kek at my sis - she has a job with high pay, but always going out and spending money, then she complains she has no money for new phone.

I only go out sometimes, and despite having only robot part time job (literally only 200 a month) I am able to buy whatever because I save up
>>
>>34814850
hahaha same, oh i wouldn't go to uni if it wasn't free because craftsman jobs earn just a bit less if they finished there training :D, but stupid german gov pays for it so i take it :D

>>34814913
what job do you do ?
>>
>>34814289
Is this the glorious NEET life that people talk about?
>>
I started cutting my own hair.

Almoust never buy clothes, thinking about just buying a sewing kit to fix some minor stuff myself.

Keep my food budget around 4-6$ a day, if you're wondering why not even less its because a small packet of chicken (enough for 2 meals) costs 3$ here
>>
>>34815015
I help in a library
>>
>>34815045
no, an NEET wont go working and tho the university, but we can learn a lot from NEETs to safe money for stuff we really want

>>34815071
how does it work to cut your own hair, sounds really complicated, and isn't it cheaper to buy a package of discounter clothes sewed by wagecuck ?
>>
>>34814289

Only things I really do are

> spend the absolute bare minimum on things I don't care about. All my toiletries, cleaning products etc come from Aldi. Probably saves hundreds a year with no impact on my life at all

> get the absolute best deals on banking and utilities. Banks hardly give you any interest right now but spending a couple of hours getting the best deals probably pays for every gift I buy all year
>>
>>34814289
I am trying to make a solar charger for my phone from broken solar night lights. But I charge a power bank first, so I don't kill my phone
>>
>>34815230

I bought a hair trimmer and just cut it short every 2-3 weeks.

Well I mean fixing clothes as far as when your shitty chinese sweatshop made sweatpants tear at the crotch or you rip the elbow of a hoodie you always wear at home etc. cheaper than replacing the entire thing imo.
>>
Finally got a job at the start of last year. I was able to save 10k of 16k earned. I just budgeted out my bills, and saved 80% of the remainder. My only real possession is my laptop. I walk everywhere and sleep on a foam pad with a big comforter blanket. Mostly eat rice / ramen from Amazon. (I make rice in a rice cooker and have cup ramen at work usually)
>>
>>34815324
i am asisan aswell, and i love rice but i switched to potatos, they are cheaper
OP here
>>
>>34815324

I bought a rice cooker recently, never liked making rice before but now that it comes out perfect everytime its pretty amazing.
>>
>company pays for my accommodation, tax, bills and insurance.

I save a large % of my paycheck regardless of what I do.
>>
>>34815352
Do you live in a house or apartment or iz you on the street
>>
i rent a small apartment on the rural area of germany, could say i live in the basement of a old lady
>>
>>34815458
Just remember to use KILLZ paint on the wall once per year to keep the mold from fucking with you.
>>
>>34815071
I'll use this year to try to lose my virginity, if I fail I'll stop cutting my hair altogether no matter what happens
>>
I started making my own alcohol, it's a lot cheaper. Poverty tier is lemon, sugar, and a small thing of raisins or similar for nutrients. Better is apple juice. Pain in the ass but very good is grape, but since Concord and Niagara are not vine grapes you ha lot of work to balance the acid and tannins to sugar and alcohol.

Beer I always thought was expensive but that's just the stupid kits. Get a big ass pot from the thrift store and put your grain in a paint strainer bag. It's basically making beer teabags. Googling brew in a bag will help there, but I have no trouble getting 70%+ efficiency even half assing and redneck engineering my way through.

Yeast is the biggest waste of money in the hobby. Either make a starter and keep it going in the refrigerator or keep frozen cultures. I also vape and mix my own ejuice so I had everything I need to freeze the guy, just a washed yeah culture in a 12.5% glycerine solution of distilled water. I have 8 strains now but when I started I just used ec1118 for everything, and before that I used red star baking yeast.

I suggest everyone pick up whatever juice is on sale next time and sprinkle some yeast in it(8% with no added sugar) Just no sorbate, benzoate, or sulfite on the ingredients list. It will 'cook' in the container it comes in. I've also used $1 5gal buckets from Craigslist and $6 5gal water bottles.
>>
>>34815490

Meh I don't cut my hair for aesthetic reasons its simply less effort to take care of short/almoust no hair. Gl with ur efforts.
>>
File: 1474224264507.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1474224264507.gif
2MB, 696x478px
>>34815499 op here
my german grandpartens have a farm and a licence for a distill ( in germany you need a licence for every bullshit) so i get alcohol for free from them just no beer

beer is the only alcohol i like :(
but cool hobby dude, pretty intresting

>>34815490
good luck friend, i am also virgin only got a bj at age of 17 maybe this year is good for us both
>>
>>34814289
what the fuck are you? a kike?
>>
>>34815548
OY VEY thats antisemitic
>>
>>34815499
Sounds cool, do you profit off this? Don't you get taxed or need a license to sell it if you do; im pretty sure you need to here (Brit Bong)
>>
>>34815574

I'm sure you need a license for anything alcohol related in most countries since it can become dangerous if made wrong.
>>
>>34815536

You really should try it. I put off beer for so long even though it's my favorite because I thought it was hard or expensive. Brew in bag is one pot, one bag, and the time needed to boil the crushed grain. All that other shit is for rich jackasses showing off all their new toys. You can even pad the grain bill with stale bread, bakeries throw that shit out for free.

>>34815574

Burger here, we still have prohibition Era laws on the books so definitely no selling unless I want to get raped in federal prison. Gifting is ok, and it's a little grey but people exchange gifts all the time. I don't take cash gifts but I've given alcohol as thanks for other stuff.

It wasn't until Carter that beer/wine was even legalized for home. Distillation lags behind but it's pretty easy to rig up if you know a little about vacuums and are handy with tools. I doubt I'll be able to try distilling any time soon though, my state still has dry counties so they'd vote no if it came to vote.

My lemon is piss cheap. 5 gallons of 12% and tastes bretty gud, not at all like it's 12%. 3qt lemon juice($1/ea dollar tree) 8lb sugar(<$1.5/4lb Walmart), handful of raisins or whatever I have laying around($?). I have my frozen yeast but a wine store or eBay will sell for like $1/pk and then you have infinite yeast. It ferments dry in twoish weeks, bottle in 2l bottles then I refrigerate and pour slowly so it stays clear. Perception of taste is weird so it's needs just a little sugar to bring out the lemon. Skeeter pee guy says 6 cups, I do closer to two.
>>
File: 1475461451976.jpg (46KB, 604x493px) Image search: [Google]
1475461451976.jpg
46KB, 604x493px
>>34815758
op here
i know i also steal bread sometimes
>>
>>34814289
>sleep for a couple of days
Now you have all the money you would have spent
>>
>>34815640

No license needed in most countries for fermentation. You don't accidentally drink e. Coli juice even if you did somehow forgot to wash the shit off your hands before mixing it would smell like shit and look weird too.

Distilling is where it gets to be a bitch, so the kiwis get to make vodka and shit but most people can't without breaking the law. There are no hobbyist licenses that I know of. My state requires $10k/yr for a still and then tax on every drop, compliance with state and federal law, and the federal fees and regulations.

Nothing dangerous can happen with either though. If it does get infected you get a lactic or acetic acid organism most times, or a mold that poofs up. People think distilling is dangerous but it's the exact same thing as the original beer or Wine minus some shit. Distillation takes things out of the solution, nothing is added in.
>>
>>34814289
>repair shoes with duct tape
I used to do this but it doesn't work if you try to repair the bottoms, the tape just bunches up on one side
>>
>>34815843
Kek it works really good on the bottom side if i use it, just be carefull in putting bottom and the rest of shoe together, i ductape it from the inside

>>34815800
thats the stuff i would like to see in the thread hahah your answere made me laugh anon
>>
>>34815843

I remember when I had to do it too. I now use gorilla glue, super clue, and pieces of an old shower curtain I saved. The curtain is for patches when my feet get wet, super glue for small shit that falls off, and gorilla glue for when big shit falls off. The gorilla is a pain in the ass because it swells up. It just needs a dab then a shit load of pressure to keep from fucking up.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.